PDA

View Full Version : Xbox lense cleaning

JR Alberda
05-31-2003, 01:09 PM
I tried posting this in the racing forum, due to MotoGP2 giving me trouble.

I dont need people to tell me thier horror stories from cleaning the lense, just what product was able to actually clean it.

I bought a dry microbrush disc, but the thing is that you have to select track 3 and then play. Xbox will not let you select the track if it cannot read the disc. Are there any products out there that will do the trick. Or any other methods to stop getting a dics dirty or damaged error on my brand new MotoGP2 disc? (no other discs have problems and this is my second disc, ive exchanged 1 already hopeing it was the disc.)

Product manufacturer, name, and place of purchase

Highlite23
05-31-2003, 05:19 PM
I use this Wet/Dry disc i got at Suncoast video. Reason being, the dry type only move any dust or debris around.

I run it about every 3 months, and havn't had any problems since my initial one...that sounds like what your experiencing.

Discwasher Digital 2 Brush Lens Cleaning System.

JR Alberda
05-31-2003, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the reply. I went to best buy and picked up the Maxell DVD lense cleaner. It loaded and appears to have worked. But if I have more problems I will look into that other 1.

BCan
06-08-2003, 08:12 PM
I have the same problem with the same game, don't be surprised if there is a problem with the disc, rather than the XBOX itself. A badly written DVD will give the early XBOX's problem with their weaker lasers, the newer ones with a different DVD drive can read burnt CD's, a different laser reading unit.