PDA

View Full Version : will Final Fantasy ever grace the xbox?

X-SHIKAKA-X
05-31-2003, 07:31 PM
hey guys, first of al great site.
now, down to business... i am an RPG fan, they are the ultimate games, especially Final Fantasy... what i want to know is: will Final Fantasy ever grace the xbox? im sick of playstation 2 owners being able to buy new FF's:cry::cuss:,while i just sit here playing other games which i admit are great, but still not final fantasy, if i could get a playstation 2 i guess it'd be alright, until then, "FINAL FANTASY, WHEN WILL YOU BE ON XBOX?"

Shouldnt the ultimate game be on the ulyimate machine...

Frink
05-31-2003, 07:47 PM
Well, I'd like to Welcome you to the Xboxaddict.

Your complaint has been voiced numerous times by people, and I hate to break it to you, but it doesn't look so good for Final Fantasy coming to the Xbox well...ever.

X-SHIKAKA-X
05-31-2003, 07:57 PM
ok, thanks, and sorry for postin/askin the same question other poeple have already posted(didnt know), i havent quite found my way around this site yet...

Crazy Joe
05-31-2003, 08:04 PM
welcome and i would like to say i am also a fan of final fantasy and Square, mostly from the Super Nintendo days, but a fan none the less. I think that the recent events involving Square and Enix bode well for Xbox, given that their ties with EA are severed. Hopefully we will see some Square games on Xbox someday, don't hold your breath, but I can't see any real reason why not after news of development of a Square GC game.

Frink
05-31-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by X-SHIKAKA-X
ok, thanks, and sorry for postin/askin the same question other poeple have already posted(didnt know), i havent quite found my way around this site yet... Oh don't worry about asking the same question, I was just trying to tell you that you were not alone in your hopes.

Casper
05-31-2003, 08:26 PM
As for right now, my eyes are on Fable...I don't know about the rest of you.

And welcome to XBA...sit back and enjoy the ride :D

Shadow20002
05-31-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by casper
As for right now, my eyes are on Fable...I don't know about the rest of you.

And welcome to XBA...sit back and enjoy the ride :D

Fable is a very long way to go...i know it 's really huge when we are talking about his concept but at least, release it soon it's all i ask for. :p

sabca
05-31-2003, 09:17 PM
Welcome to XBA :)

And in response to your question, I hope to god no. hehe, I'm not a big Final Fantasy/Japanese RPG fan(my friends think it was because I was scarred from FF: Mystic Quest being my first experience with an RPG), but that's just me personally. It would be a nice addition to the library for those who enjoy it but the problem is we'd get like FFVII when FFXV or something is coming out on PS2(or 3). Just doesn't have the same attraction.

Bigwig
05-31-2003, 09:26 PM
I rather have the Xbox RPGs. KOTOR, Fable and True Fantasy got more props then FF titles at E3. FF would not sell well unless the series came with somthing new and better. By the looks of the new FF I'll pass.

StudioAlex
06-01-2003, 11:54 AM
what i want to know is: will Final Fantasy ever grace the xbox?

Ummm... sure. Why not? Seriously, we aren't gonna know, my friend. A more sure shot would be for you to save up some cash and buy a system for which you know the games are coming out for.

But, don't you think FF is getting a little tired? I liked 10 okay (I didn't even bother beating it even though I was at the last boss) but the series is falling behind. Random battles are out of style. Plain and simple. I think other games have far surpassed FF in the gameplay department, if not in the jillion dollar movie sequence area.

X-SHIKAKA-X
06-02-2003, 04:01 PM
Yeah, your right, final fantasy is getting a bit tired, but its still a great game, and as for those other RPG's comin out on the xbox, their awesome but the thing is about them,... morrowind for instance, i couldnt wait, but it was only out here for a week and then the shops stopped selling it, i missed it completely!:cuss: never been so angry in my life... and as for fable, oyu think you guys got a long time to wait, well its mega time for me to wait, NZ is always last to get evrything.:cry:

o well, i'll get it eventually...

dances with broom sticks
06-02-2003, 04:36 PM
FF3, FF7, and FFT were my favs... i cant wait for FFTadvanced of the GBA to make it to this side of the ocean

Casper
06-02-2003, 05:14 PM
and as for fable, oyu think you guys got a long time to wait, well its mega time for me to wait, NZ is always last to get evrything.:cry:

o well, i'll get it eventually...

Have you ever considered buying games online? Just make sure that it's the same region that your Xbox plays, and you can get them as soon as they are released, like in Europe...you just might get a bit screwed on shipping, but hell, you gotta pay the price sometimes, ya know?

Dre
06-02-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by StudioAlex
I liked 10 okay (I didn't even bother beating it even though I was at the last boss) but the series is falling behind.

Sounds more like you couldn't beat the last boss more than "not bothering" to beat him :)

MerimacHamwich
06-02-2003, 11:00 PM
Pfft, if Final Fantasy ever came to the Xbox it would be a disgrace, it wouldn't be grace.

Kortiz
06-03-2003, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Shadow20002

Fable is a very long way to go...i know it 's really huge when we are talking about his concept but at least, release it soon it's all i ask for. :p

This Christmas, home fry.

y2kash_14
06-03-2003, 03:08 AM
Final Fantasy is an excellent series. But I would much rather see the Suikoden series come to the Xbox

Sodacider
06-03-2003, 05:48 AM
hey guys, first of al great site.
now, down to business... i am an RPG fan, they are the ultimate games, especially Final Fantasy... what i want to know is: will Final Fantasy ever grace the xbox? im sick of playstation 2 owners being able to buy new FF's:cry::cuss:,while i just sit here playing other games which i admit are great, but still not final fantasy, if i could get a playstation 2 i guess it'd be alright, until then, "FINAL FANTASY, WHEN WILL YOU BE ON XBOX?"

what I really want to know is
how on earth you get off calling final fantasy the best rpg ever

look its ok, its fun at times, but here's a list (sorry xbox addicts too these are mostly PC) of REAL, dare I say it, American made RPGs that are NON-LINEAR (its not that Japanese is bad, its just that its always linear. 'American' as in Haloesque, very open even in an FPS, many of these are British)

Ultima VI: The False Prophet
Came out long before Final Fantasy equivalent, graphically speaking. This sold very well on the Super Nintendo and was considered a superior game even though their weren't consistent sequels published to consoles

Ultima VII: Black Gates and Serpent Isle
By many considered to be the pinnacle of classic RPGs. Graphically defined and a master piece of code this was years ahead of the FF series of its time, and offered vast amounts more in terms of pure openness.

Morrowind:
True roleplaying. This derived much from the Ultima series in its openness and expanded on it. This had unique concepts and many taken from the AD&D world which, although I personally don't really like it, is a true role playing experience.

X-COM: UFO Defense:
Dare I say this is better than Final Fantasy as a tactical shooter? This 1994 game (can be downloaded from my site http://www.36echo.com ) has everything Final Fantasy had except a much more dynamic storyline defined by the player. How is this possible- it's a tactical strategy game, right? Well let's take something into account... Every soldier in X-Com has more statistics than any FF character has had up until FF8 and every soldier gains true value- creating an unusual player attachment to the soldiers.

Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Generic AD&D:
All of these fall into the AD&D series and, while they take graphical elements from Ultima (note when I say this: up until Final Fantasy 8, those graphics in Final Fantasy are all based on Richard Garriot's pioneering Ultima code from the early 1980's). Now, here's the clincher- these games allow you to be and do whatever you want. Again, I don't really like AD&D but hey, these are 'real' rpgs.

Ultima Online/Everquest:
And the kicker of role playing experience. No one wanted me to bring this into the playing field but I have to. These two games defined all MMORPGs in any form present and future. Ultima, the first, brought one ideal to the table- absolute openness to be whatever you want in a world defined only by players. Blacksmiths, clothing tailors, carpenters, soldiers, hunters, lumberjacks, anything you could really want to do was possible. And Everquest brought the more traditional RPG style into light.

---

Final Fantasy never did anything like that. It had decent stories with asian elements which, while good in alot of games, only served to produce a raw unpolished series. They never compared with computer counterparts compared in America with overall quality for their time, and their continued selling power is only from aggressive marketing by Sony.

BATMANFOREVER
06-03-2003, 08:51 AM
It really isn't cool that ps2 fans get to play those awesome ff games... :cuss: However if u think about wats keeping ps2 alive almost nothing maby a few games lets see devil may cry wow big deal, ff series, and that idiot stealing cars..... can that ever really compare to our games oh ya know, halo,brute force,etc.... I'm sure sooner or later we will own ff seriese we just gotta give xbox time for ya see we dont wanna be known for ports we wanna be known for origanality gamez...

StudioAlex
06-03-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Dre

Sounds more like you couldn't beat the last boss more than "not bothering" to beat him :)

Seriously, I never even fought him once. If I remember, two or three of the previous bosses took forever to beat, and I figured the last would be even worse. I thought the bosses were poorly done.

I like challenges, but there is no way to beat some of those bosses on your first encounter. Everything would be going great, then a boss would pull some kind of supermove that could wipe out your entire party, so then you have to spend the next five hours making your team strong enough to survive the supermove.

That's just another aspect of old school gaming that needs to go away. I like strategy. Not hours of leveling up to just pound some dude in the ground.

Although, I really have no reason for just beating the game...

Insane One
06-03-2003, 12:22 PM
I can't wait until next year when we start to get some more rpgs out! American, Japanese...I don't give two brown poo's as long as I get to have some quality RPG's to play:watchout:

DreamShifter
06-03-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Sodacider

X-COM: UFO Defense:
Dare I say this is better than Final Fantasy as a tactical shooter? This 1994 game (can be downloaded from my site http://www.36echo.com ) has everything Final Fantasy had except a much more dynamic storyline defined by the player. How is this possible- it's a tactical strategy game, right? Well let's take something into account... Every soldier in X-Com has more statistics than any FF character has had up until FF8 and every soldier gains true value- creating an unusual player attachment to the soldiers.

That game there is great. haven't played that in years, and i'm pulling it down as I type. Looks like i'm gonna lose alot more hours playin this game. ******!

LynxFX
06-03-2003, 03:13 PM
Fable is going to put the "Final" back in "Fantasy".

MerimacHamwich
06-03-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Insane One
I can't wait until next year when we start to get some more rpgs out! American, Japanese...I don't give two brown poo's as long as I get to have some quality RPG's to play:watchout:
The Elder Scroll's 3: Morrowind Gam of the year Edition is coming out in the fall. Be sure to look forward to that. Best RPG ever.