PDA

View Full Version : First Ever Screens of the Xbox version of Raven Shield (now called Rainbow Six 3)

Brevity
06-01-2003, 01:50 AM
Well despite the retarded name change they have changed quite a few things from Raven Shield. Its now running on the Splinter Cell engine instead of the straight unreal 2 engine. The hud also looks completely redone. I wouldn't be suprised if they include some content from the upcoming expansion: Athena Sword in the console versions. Anways, screens...
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/rainbowsix3_6.jpg
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/rainbowsix3_5.jpg
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/rainbowsix3_4.jpg
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/rainbowsix3_3.jpg
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/rainbowsix3_2.jpg

Brevity
06-01-2003, 01:50 AM
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/rainbowsix3_1.jpg

BigJosh359
06-01-2003, 02:22 AM
First Ever?

May 27, 2003 on XBA (http://www.xboxaddict.com/products/profile/not_released.php?Product_ID=351)

When were those posted on IGN? Hope you arent linking to those screenshots on IGN.

l Maximus l
06-01-2003, 02:30 AM
Isn't the PC version called "Rainbow Six: 3 Raven Shield"...the entire name? :watchout:

BigJosh359
06-01-2003, 02:33 AM
Yup, we were told at E3 during our tour of Ubisoft booth that the Xbox version will be Rainbow Six 3:............

not Raven Shield.

BTW, this will change FPS controls on the XBOX till the next best thing. Easy and Fully control of everything with one or two clicks of the buttons. Must see to believe.

VAN
06-01-2003, 03:47 AM
Hey Brevity, haven't you been told about the new screenshot posting policy?

http://www.whoisvan.com/screenie.jpg

:D :D :D :D

blonks
06-01-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by VAN
Hey Brevity, haven't you been told about the new screenshot posting policy?

http://www.whoisvan.com/screenie.jpg

:D :D :D :D

lol

JR Alberda
06-01-2003, 01:06 PM
BAAAAAAMMMMMM!

NICE BURN

LynxFX
06-01-2003, 04:54 PM
Well the reason for the name change was that it never was supposed to be Raven Shield. That was just a misconception on everyone's part. Rainbow Six 3 for the Xbox is a completely different story line, different gameplay, different AI, and different graphics engine. And from what we saw at E3, it is going to ROCK!!

:rolleyes: @ Van

Brevity
06-01-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Josh-XBA
First Ever?

May 27, 2003 on XBA (http://www.xboxaddict.com/products/profile/not_released.php?Product_ID=351)

When were those posted on IGN? Hope you arent linking to those screenshots on IGN.
*Van LOL very good.

*Josh first sorry, I got this in full from another site as is my usual style, even the header and the comments. I did not look out front,,,,(makes note to do so more often). Next Josh I was not told not to link to pics from other sites,,,,,,,this is the first I have heard of that. Please PM me more on this, cus like I said its a first. PPL link to pics from all over, and there is no way I can upload them here so that they can been seen in thread, that I know of. Last the news of the change to the SC engine and all is good stuff, I can t wait to see this game in action. But perhaps the best thing I have heard about this game so far is that there is a chance of UBIsoft will get to run dedicated servers for it. That is just what I hear from a friend though nothing official.:cheers:

No Fear 23
06-01-2003, 05:56 PM
is the game coming out sometime this september??

BigJosh359
06-01-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Brevity

*Van LOL very good.

*Josh first sorry, I got this in full from another site as is my usual style, even the header and the comments. I did not look out front,,,,(makes note to do so more often). Next Josh I was not told not to link to pics from other sites,,,,,,,this is the first I have heard of that. Please PM me more on this, cus like I said its a first. PPL link to pics from all over, and there is no way I can upload them here so that they can been seen in thread, that I know of. Last the news of the change to the SC engine and all is good stuff, I can t wait to see this game in action. But perhaps the best thing I have heard about this game so far is that there is a chance of UBIsoft will get to run dedicated servers for it. That is just what I hear from a friend though nothing official.:cheers:

Linking screenshots from another site like IGN, Gamespot or what not is basically stealing bandwidth. I dont know a decent forum that doesnt have this rule. Its nothing to be worried about right away, but ya should host them on your own site or someone who you allow linking.

VAN
06-01-2003, 07:21 PM
IGN and most gamesites don't care if people hotlink their images. They simply watermark the pics with their URL or logo, thus helping to promote their site. This is the best advertising hey can get.

If they really disapproved of people hotlinking, they would spend 2 minutes writing a few lines of code in an .htaccess file, or using any number of additional means to prevent hotlinking.

Brevity
06-01-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by VAN
IGN and most gamesites don't care if people hotlink their images. They simply watermark the pics with their URL or logo, thus helping to promote their site. This is the best advertising hey can get.

If they really disapproved of people hotlinking, they would spend 2 minutes writing a few lines of code in an .htaccess file, or using any number of additional means to prevent hotlinking.
Thats what I was thinking, and I know of no other sites that care if you put pic links(pics) in their forums, infact on Xengamers.com in the forums ppl have asked just this Q and been told really what Van just wrote, its good advertising.:cheers:

BigJosh359
06-01-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Brevity

Thats what I was thinking, and I know of no other sites that care if you put pic links(pics) in their forums, infact on Xengamers.com in the forums ppl have asked just this Q and been told really what Van just wrote, its good advertising.:cheers:

Since when are we promoting other Xbox sites? Such as IGN or Gamespot or GameSpy? I think they have enough advertising as it is.

/me sees links list.........

Lame! IGN and all the big sites dont need our help with promoting them.

IMHO. But i do stand by the stealing bandwidth from them comment and its rare that i hear other forums allowing it.

VAN
06-01-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Josh-XBA
i do stand by the stealing bandwidth from them comment and its rare that i hear other forums allowing it.

If it is rare that other forums allow people to post hotlinked images, then one can assume that you think virtually all forums disallow it.

I'd like to challenge you to post links to just 3 forums which have a "no hotlinking to images on other sites" policy. Since forums with this policy are in the vast majority (according to you) you should be able to instantly provide such proof.

Casper
06-02-2003, 07:21 AM
IMO, in Brev's case, he'd have to host the pics up on Imagestation, so then you're stealing bandwidth from them too....right? So who really wins? Like Van said - sites that don't want this and are big enough, will just put a code in and fix that, like www.gamers.com , see?

http://gamers.com/i/pics/1388494.jpg

Brevity
06-02-2003, 08:58 AM
I am with what the other two have said, Plus
Since when are we promoting other Xbox sites? Such as IGN or Gamespot or GameSpy? I think they have enough advertising as it is.
I dont post the pics to promote their sites, I post them to give new unseen stuff to our forum members. Next even if I did host them and all that Jaz I would there would still be that water mark on them, unless I edited that too. If all the things were to be done like hosting each image and editing out the water marks, it would take a person a day to get all that done and be a waste of time to even bother. I think if all this even becomes policy then we should just have the image code turned off b/c I would not see how ppl could post NE thing from NE where. Not over reacting, I think, it just all seems like a really tall order and alot to do for something that is so simple. Again I visit many forums everyday and NOT ONE of them has this rule or the other one talked about last week. Again I keep running into road blocks for just trying to help, :eek: I really just wanted to help and be nice and get thing (read info and screens) for ppl and bring them to this one place. Now I feel like "what did I do wrong this time" every time I post, its really disheartening.:(

Jafo232
06-02-2003, 11:30 AM
Ummm, so anyway, when is this game being released? The grafix look nice and I already like the reticule :P

Kraft
06-02-2003, 11:33 AM
If memory serves me right, this game is supposed to be out around october/november... of course I am super tired and am having trouble remembering, so don't quote me on it.

VAN
06-02-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
If memory serves me right, this game is supposed to be out around october/november... of course I am super tired and am having trouble remembering, so don't quote me on it.

Too late!

RudedogX
06-02-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by VAN

Too late!
Apparently I'm tired too...I almost didn't get that! Now that I did...

:rofl:

BigJosh359
06-02-2003, 01:54 PM
Just because sites dont put in the code like casper showed and VAN showed, doesnt still make it right to hotlink to the pics, its still stealing. Just because M$ and game makers dont put better security on their games, doesnt make it right to copy them.

I dont see what the big deal is that people dont host the pics the post themselves or maybe even a simple hyperlink to IGN telling about the pics would be good. Send traffic to them, dont take it away. Seems rude to me!

But i guess thats just me.:cuss:

sabca
06-02-2003, 03:44 PM
Looks amazing, I can't wait. The PC version and everything else Tom Clancy rocked so why should this

DZNUTZ
06-03-2003, 03:02 PM
i spent awhile looking at and playing this game at e3...and let me tell you..this game is gonna be the ish..and then some.

a few specific and cool things i remember.

they said their would be stat tracking,
the flash grenades have an tight ass effect.
and
you can crack doors open slighty instead of just fully opening or closing em.

ShannonX
06-03-2003, 03:48 PM
i skimmed over IGN's user agreement....

E). Content Restrictions. The IGN Sites attempt to provide some of the very best content available on the web and make it available to You on the Web for your personal, non-commercial use. All Web site design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all software that are part of the IGN Sites are protected by international copyright laws. The publication, sale, or redistribution in any form or medium of text, photos, graphics, audio and/or video materials or any other form of proprietary content found on the IGN Sites is strictly prohibited without the prior written permission of IGN. Content that is publicly available on the IGN Sites may not be stored in a computer, except for personal and non-commercial use.

i also skimmed over gamespots (cnet) terms of service....

Our sites include a combination of content that we create, that our partners create and that our users create. All materials published on our sites, including, but not limited to, written content, photographs, graphics, images, illustrations, marks, logos, sound or video clips and flash animation, are protected by our copyrights or trademarks or those of our partners. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display or in any way exploit any of the materials or content or our sites in whole or in part. If you would like to request permission to use any of the content on our sites, please review our Copyright notice and visit our Permissions & reprints page.

now whether or not that makes hotlinking illegal, i dunno. I may shoot them an email and find out for myself though.

BigJosh359
06-11-2003, 02:23 PM
New Screenshots! (http://www.xboxaddict.com/products/view_all_screenshots.php?Product_ID=351)

shrew king
06-11-2003, 04:52 PM
This game is going to kick ass, can't wait to play it on Live.

Those screenshots are pretty nice as well, not the best but nice.

MerimacHamwich
06-11-2003, 05:46 PM
I have it for PC now and I can't wait for it on Xbox.
:)

hamma69
06-13-2003, 11:30 PM
kick ass picks