PDA

View Full Version : Morowind help

Corona
06-01-2003, 02:32 PM
I see no one visits the RPG board so i will post here.

I have a few expensive weapons that i whant to sell, lol. The question is where in all of Morrowind is anyone able to afford such expensive weapons? Like $20-50,000. I haven't found anyone with half of 20 grand.

pestilence
06-01-2003, 02:38 PM
there is noone. Creeper is probably your best bet. I forgot how the creeper system works, but gamefaqs probably has something on it.

Corona
06-01-2003, 02:45 PM
I'll check it out, thanks!

is that Gamefaqs.com?

SPARTAN VI
06-01-2003, 02:52 PM
There's a Skamp in Caldera, but he only has 5k. But if you have enough Indoril Armor suits, you can get a lot of cash real quick. I think I went up to a solid 80k, that'll last a long time.:cheers:

pestilence
06-01-2003, 03:15 PM
i think creeper is the scamp in caldera, right?

SPARTAN VI
06-01-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by pestilence
i think creeper is the scamp in caldera, right?

Nah, Creeper is the Crab thingy at the coast of Suran or Ebonheart, I forgot. I just heard rumors of some crab that carries 10-20k. Don't take my word for it, I just remember the Skamp. :D

I have to buy Morrowind again when we get our Xbox back, that game was hella fun. :cheers:

pestilence
06-01-2003, 03:40 PM
I thought the crab thingy was called the Mudcrab Merchant :P

Plewis
06-01-2003, 03:51 PM
I think he was just called scamp... and yeah, that's what i used. There is a mudcrab on an island somewhere that has more cash in hand than him and you can get a spell to make him follow you and you could even bring him to your house for you to use anytime you go there, but I never did that... too much time.

SPARTAN VI
06-01-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by pestilence
I thought the crab thingy was called the Mudcrab Merchant :P

You're probably right, I never ran into the guy, and always had the cash I needed because of the Scamp.:cheers:

Arrakis44
06-01-2003, 09:01 PM
I know im going off topic in the Off topic lounge but i just have to say, Plewis i love ur sig, that rocks!!

Shadow20002
06-01-2003, 09:09 PM
You can use the mark spell to mark the place of the mudcrab merchant so when you need to get there, use recall spell. Also there, i don't know anyone that have more than 10K in the game. :p

Corona
06-02-2003, 08:48 AM
I have about 52k in my bank right know and wanted to crack 100k, but doesn't look like i have the patience to do so.

Makes you wonder why they even have weapons worth $80,000 at all

Ps. My superior in the blades faction Claosious (sp?) wants me to find an Orc in the belmora mages guild and i can't find her, i think i killed her way back lol....lol.. What am i supposed to doooo, ****** is there a way to skip his order and go on to the next?

RudedogX
06-02-2003, 08:53 AM
Skamp that you all are talking is The Creeper, and he has 5 k. The mud crab near vivec has 10 k. Basically the system there is you sell the item, buy all the units you can to add up to him owing you 5 k or 10 k depending on which one you're selling to (also, creeper and mud crab give you full value). After that, you sleep for 24 hours, and then they have their money again. Sell them the stuff you bought from them, sleep for 24 hours, rinse and repeat. Easy as that (oh yeah, and the mark and recall spells work wonders for those times).:cheers:

Kraft
06-02-2003, 09:33 AM
I still don't see why people don't use the 'beef up merchant and personality skills' as I can buy 100k of stuff and sell it back to the same merchant for 200k. My guy has millions on him and I can buy pretty much any skill I want, plus do some wicked custom imbues for spells.

Monkin
06-02-2003, 11:56 AM
Some people do do that, i do. there both at 104. (if you get your stats to 100 then put on somthing that boosts it a little, you can keep on raising it) and in response to the question, your screwed. if you did kill her, then theres nothing you can do. my suggestion is go to the Morrowind forums, and see if they can help you, theve gotten me out of some tuff spots before. goodluck.:cheers:

SlightlySycho
06-02-2003, 09:45 PM
The Creeper is in Caldera. I cannot remember the name of the building he is in (Something Manor), but that town isn't that big. I'm pretty sure it's the second house on the right after you enter the Southern entrance. I personally prefer the Creeper over the Mudcrab. True, the Mudcrab has twice as much cash, but he's A) hard to find, and B) hard to get to. Given, once you do find him you can use a Mark to teleport back to him . . . but it's a wasted Mark (IMHO). I'd much rather leave my Mark near the Urishilaku camp, since there's no easy way to get to that area.
The trick with the Creeper (and the Mudcrab, should you go through that route) is to pad him up first. Try to find things that fall into blocks of five thousand gold. Skooma works best from my experience. Then, once you need to sell some of your more expensive items, sell him the item, then buy back enough items until your Total Sold is down to about five thousand. Then sleep for twenty hours. There are some bedrolls on that floor. Don't worry about the Orcs: they don't press charges.

To Corona,
There's a bug in alot of people's games that causes that character to despawn, or "Pop." I think there's a problem with the architecure of the building that allows here to "fall" through a seem. It actually happened to me once or twice.
Long story short? You're screwed. You'll have to start over. Hopefully, you're not too far along.

Dulacc
06-03-2003, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by SlightlySycho
The Creeper is in Caldera. I cannot remember the name of the building he is in (Something Manor), but that town isn't that big. I'm pretty sure it's the second house on the right after you enter the Southern entrance. I personally prefer the Creeper over the Mudcrab. True, the Mudcrab has twice as much cash, but he's A) hard to find, and B) hard to get to. Given, once you do find him you can use a Mark to teleport back to him . . . but it's a wasted Mark (IMHO). I'd much rather leave my Mark near the Urishilaku camp, since there's no easy way to get to that area.
The trick with the Creeper (and the Mudcrab, should you go through that route) is to pad him up first. Try to find things that fall into blocks of five thousand gold. Skooma works best from my experience. Then, once you need to sell some of your more expensive items, sell him the item, then buy back enough items until your Total Sold is down to about five thousand. Then sleep for twenty hours. There are some bedrolls on that floor. Don't worry about the Orcs: they don't press charges.

To Corona,
There's a bug in alot of people's games that causes that character to despawn, or "Pop." I think there's a problem with the architecure of the building that allows here to "fall" through a seem. It actually happened to me once or twice.
Long story short? You're screwed. You'll have to start over. Hopefully, you're not too far along.

This is the correct way to get the gold. I prefer the mudcrab merchant, but to each his own.

Oh, instead of sleeping, you can just wait 24 hours. All you do is hit the button to sleep while standing up, and it will say that sleeping in the streets is illegal, but will give you the option of waiting.

Anyone try the command creature or humanoid spell effect to get creeper or the mudcrab merchant to follow you? I hadn't thought of that, but it might work to get them to a better location.

Corona
06-03-2003, 10:24 PM
Wow, glad i decided to come on and check this thread out tonight, last few posters have been very helpful.

I guess i'm going to have to kill the blades guy to alter the worlds progression. Atleast thats what it said when i did it last week, but was afraid to continue down that path or save the game for that matter.

ps. don't you guys find that spell stuff too complicate to learn, or as they say enchantment. I'd rather be just a warrior and use Magic scrolls to get out of tough spots..

pepitonet
06-04-2003, 01:48 PM
as of now all the people i have asked they have said that yu can get creeper to your house but the trick won´t work for the drunk mudcrap if anyhone gfet the mudcrap to go let mne know what did you use and how... thanks

Monkin
06-04-2003, 02:55 PM
for the mudcrab, all you have to do is use the command creature spell. it will follow you, but its really slow, not really worth it.