PDA

View Full Version : Whose gettin outlaw volleyball?

hiter101
06-01-2003, 04:30 PM
i personally cant wait to get a piece of this game it looks awesome and with XBL u cant go wrong :wink:

Ninja Scroll
06-01-2003, 05:10 PM
Not me!

I bought DOAXBV, played it for no more than 30 minutes and never touched it again.

Yeah da boobies were cool and all, but im 24 years old.
I need gameplay and a reason to play other than getting blue balls from a videogame when I can get da real thing.

Outlaw version will be XBL compatible, but I just aint feelin it.

JMO.

l Maximus l
06-01-2003, 05:35 PM
I'll definately rent this game before buying it for $50.

LynxFX
06-01-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
Yeah da boobies were cool and all, but im 24 years old.
I need gameplay and a reason to play other than getting blue balls from a videogame when I can get da real thing.
And that is the main difference between DOAXVB and Outlaw VB. Outlaw is a volleyball game, while DOA is a dating sim that happens to have a volleyball court in it.

But after playing it at E3 I think it is a renter first or at least wait for a good deal. The Live aspect will definately help it though.

hiter101
06-01-2003, 06:42 PM
aw crap so lynfx its not worth the 50 beans?

i was gettin ready to blow the cash on it already :cry:

studepaber
06-01-2003, 07:22 PM
I'll get it, even if it didn't have Live I'd still fork over $50, how was the gameplay/fighting Lynx? Summer is still in this isn't she? (oh please :D)

Highlite23
06-01-2003, 07:51 PM
You know...I just love Outlaw Golf to death, one of my all time faves. If outlaw Volleyball even comes close, it's a winner in my book.

The vid in this months OXM is pretty, ah..."Interesting":D

PS. Lynx is right on the money...DOAXBV was NOT a volleyball game.

LynxFX
06-01-2003, 10:38 PM
Well I think the main problem was probably us, as in we jumped right in and didn't know how to play. It isn't something you will just pick up and being able to wipe the floor with someone.

So the controls take getting used to.

The fighting, well you actually fight your opponent and not your partner this time. It is a very bare fighting style. Punches and kicks. But anything you gain, your opponent loses. :)

I think the game might be better than I initially made it out to be, but it will be completely up to your own tastes. Just don't try comparing it to DOAXVB as there is no comparison. Check out the interview we did with them and look at the question I asked about DOAXVB. :) It is quite funny.

RudedogX
06-02-2003, 08:15 AM
The game play seemed decent, but if it's graphics your after, this game has them, just not so much during the actual game play from what I could tell. It'll probably be worth it on Live, but otherwise, I'm not sure I'd bother. Kinda sad since I loved Outlaw Golf.

ONLYONXBOX
06-02-2003, 09:00 AM
Gonna get it.

natewebb
06-02-2003, 03:14 PM
me