PDA

View Full Version : Most underrated xbox game?

pestilence
06-01-2003, 11:23 PM
What game for the xbox do you think is the most underrated?

I would have to say Azurik: Rise of Perathia. It remains one of my favorite xbox games. Excellent storyline, decent graphics, and immersive gameplay. It is very long game, and very hard which are both good qualities in my opinion.

shrew king
06-01-2003, 11:56 PM
Quantum Redshift deserves a little more recognition.

Reclaimer
06-02-2003, 12:07 AM
Conflict: Desert Storm get's my vote for under rated game.

Young_Fledgling
06-02-2003, 12:10 AM
wow i think this is like the 6th time i have seen this thread now.

Kraft
06-02-2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Young_Fledgling
wow i think this is like the 6th time i have seen this thread now.

And yet your mom is still hot! hahahahahaha

Honestly, I was going to say quantum... but it has been mentioned... then I was going to mention conflict desert storm, but that was mentioned... so I guess I'll walk out of this thread now.

l Maximus l
06-02-2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA

And yet your mom is still hot! hahahahahaha

Honestly, I was going to say quantum... but it has been mentioned... then I was going to mention conflict desert storm, but that was mentioned... so I guess I'll walk out of this thread now.

http://www.ileet.net/images/ohman.jpg

LynxFX
06-02-2003, 12:58 AM
I would say Deathrow. Highly underrated game and you can find it for under $15 now.

l Maximus l
06-02-2003, 01:22 AM
I say Amped. The game is golden

Splinter-Seal
06-02-2003, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Reclaimer
Conflict: Desert Storm get's my vote for under rated game.

I totally agree, Reclaimer. While the game does suffer in the graphics dept, I still think the gameplay is solid. They also, in my opinion did a good job on the controls for the game, like the button layout and all.

I do however wished they had put more effort into the game to make it alot more solid, and eye appealing, because I really do enjoy this game, alot! Maybe in PTII they will cure these nit picking problems.

Kraft
06-02-2003, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

http://www.ileet.net/images/ohman.jpg

Ouch... max resorting to *** jokes? It's a sad sad day...

SPARTAN VI
06-02-2003, 02:24 AM
I was going to say Quantum, too, and I haven't even played it yet. :D

Conflict Desert Storm is too... PS2ish for my taste. The graphics are dated and it does all the aiming for you. I bet I'd like it more if it wasn't the last game my Xbox ever played... I think its responsible for my Xbox's croak... :cry:

Reclaimer
06-02-2003, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by SPARTAN VI
I was going to say Quantum, too, and I haven't even played it yet. :D

Conflict Desert Storm is too... PS2ish for my taste. The graphics are dated and it does all the aiming for you. I bet I'd like it more if it wasn't the last game my Xbox ever played... I think its responsible for my Xbox's croak... :cry:

Well, it's obvious that the graphics weren't all that. But they are good, for the most part. But it's boatloads of fun when you do it right. I mean the right way. Get your military friends together, put the game on hard, and go for it. Nice and slow. Methodical and calculating. Cover and fire. Scout and snipe. Ambush and lay-in-wait. As of right now, C-DS is the only multiplayer game we've played where we can realistically, and accurately perform a dynamic entry into a building. SWAT Entry if you don't know. Haven't played GR yet, so I don't know if you can do that. But for total experince, for us, we love this game. Our real world training comes into play and everything falls together.
Can't beat that.
As for the aiming thing, seems like I have to manually aim if I want to be anything accurate. It might want to point at a threat, but I know I'll hit better and use fewer rounds if I override the aim.

I'll nominate Serious Sam as my second under rated game.

Viper87227
06-02-2003, 07:09 AM
my vote goes to air force delta storm

Highlite23
06-02-2003, 07:43 AM
Well, I think there are a few. You mentioned Quantum and Deathrow.

Here are a few more:

[list=1]
DArk Alliance
Enclave
Dead to Rights ("It's too Hard" boo hoo, go buy a PS2...I hear they made the game easier) :rolleyes:
Vexx-Great Platform
[/list=1]

cheedoh
06-02-2003, 09:06 AM
dead to rights was too easy:p

studepaber
06-02-2003, 10:08 AM
Dead to Rights and Deathrow, DTR is a platinum hit now, might have to pick it up (again).

MrGIJOE
06-02-2003, 10:31 AM
I would have to say Robotech, that is a classic game for an old school playa, since I grew up watching the cartoons.

http://www.planetdreamcast.com/psoworld/images/fanart/thumbs/axel_pso1.jpg

Tim
06-02-2003, 11:14 AM
Serious Sam

ARONO129
06-02-2003, 01:05 PM
Easily the most underrated Xbox game is Brute Force. Awesome game but people are slamming it.

Bigwig
06-02-2003, 01:11 PM
Yeah Brute force did go from overrated to underated over night. I would say the Hunter the Gathering series. Just cuz they are nice party games.

LTM360
06-02-2003, 01:52 PM
Dead To Rights. One of the coolest characters, the best moves ever (disarms :)), The coolest FMV video ever (the motocycle/plane scene), one kick ass story, & the hardest game I've ever played.

kenji
06-02-2003, 05:32 PM
Deathrow, SSX Tricky, Dalk Alliance

X-SHIKAKA-X
06-04-2003, 01:44 AM
1- azurik
2-qauntum
3-dark alliance

i have all 3, and all 3 are great games, very underated.
a game also that i noticed has been underated (in my country not not yours) is morrowind, it had great reviews and labelled one of the best games from the USA and every where else, but here in NZ, it was one of the mopst underated games, it was only on shelves for a week and then they stopped selling it cause nobody was buying it! people here are crazy!!!
its awesome! one of the greatest RPG's i've ever seen.

SoccerCJM77
06-04-2003, 11:09 AM
kung fu chaos:watchout:

hiter101
06-04-2003, 04:19 PM
and my vote goes for:

drumm roll:

Simpsons Road Rage

its a really great game and now a platnuim hit its funny as hell and fun at the same time also a great game to race with friends :cheers:

NINE BREAKER
06-05-2003, 02:30 AM
I think all these have been mentioned, but:

Phantom Crash
Conflict Desert Storm
Robotech

Zion
06-05-2003, 07:55 AM
1. Blood Wake- Probably one of the best games I've ever played in my life. Incredible.

2. Kung Fu Chaos- Should be the game that everyone is required to get.

3. Simpsons Road Rage- Just like Crazy Taxi, only 20 times better and with The Simpsons!

smack_roscoe
06-05-2003, 11:34 AM
Serious Sam most defintely. One of the most fun games, and It came and went without any fanfare.

natewebb
06-05-2003, 12:57 PM
one word, ENCLAVE.

THey are making ENCLAVE2 by the way. I must be the only fan.

Dyslexic Chaos
06-05-2003, 12:59 PM
Quantum Redshift and, honestly, Ghost Recon. For all the sites that gave Mech Assault and UC the must have games for XBL, up yours!!!!

Shadow20002
06-05-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by pestilence
What game for the xbox do you think is the most underrated?

I would have to say Azurik: Rise of Perathia. It remains one of my favorite xbox games. Excellent storyline, decent graphics, and immersive gameplay. It is very long game, and very hard which are both good qualities in my opinion.

About this one, i agree it's had some underrated score. I will give it at least 7 on 10. Just because if they add more stuffs in the game like using more weapons...

prakeem
06-12-2003, 03:44 AM
Kung Fu Chaos, sweet game! Havent heard much of it since its release except complaints and weak reviews.

ONLYONXBOX
06-12-2003, 08:07 AM
have to say blade2...this game was a blast to play.

silvertrace
06-12-2003, 12:00 PM
i'm with maxy, amped still gets time in my xbox, but my personal choice is halo

not many people have even heard of this game, its unbelievable:watchout:

Bigwig
06-12-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by natewebb
one word, ENCLAVE.

THey are making ENCLAVE2 by the way. I must be the only fan.

Oh helll yeah this game would be sooo fun on Live.

Viper87227
06-12-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by silvertrace

Just coz not many people have heard of it, that doesn mean its underated. If it were underrateed it would have gotten poor r eview scores when it deserved high ones.

l Maximus l
06-12-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by silvertrace

I know what you mean...I work part-time at an electronics retailer that sells XBoxes (damn, I must sell atleast one per day...sometimes more) and often times people have never heard of Halo. Seriously, every single time I discover this, I'm beside myself...ready to faint...or atleast let out a ear peircing fart. :D

dougi3000
06-13-2003, 12:56 AM
JSRF
and
PGR!!!!!

Viper87227
06-13-2003, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by dougi3000
JSRF
and
PGR!!!!!

PGR is underated? :watchout:

Dyslexic Chaos
06-13-2003, 09:55 AM
Max Payne is very underratted too. Just because the writers tried to make a game feel like film noir and everything, it gets slammed with "Cheesy writing" insults. BS, this game is awesome and very moody. Bullet Time is still awesome, and about once every 2 weeks I get cravings to play it. Also, SW:JKII:Jedi Outcast is incrediable. It is still rare to find anything more fun than a good, long lightsabre battle, although i was shocked there was no live support (Oh well, gotta save something for Jedi Academy)... JSRF is a bit underrated too.

nycgamer
06-13-2003, 12:26 PM
Definitely Munch's Oddysee. I never see anyone talking about how brilliant that game is, but it has beautiful graphics, great gameplay, terrific puzzles and a level of creativity that you rarely see.

Hayabusa Gaiden
06-13-2003, 12:44 PM
Well I bet nobody knows this game but its bloody great!

I'll give you some clues.....

1.It's made by Koei
2.The lead guy is called Sho
3.It got 8.0% in Official Xbox mag:D

So does anybody know?

CRIMSON SEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shame nobody ever bought it though.....:cry:

I'm hoping for a sequel.

Ford Mustang
06-13-2003, 02:11 PM
I am definitely going to have to agree with Reclaimer on this one....

Conflict: Desert Storm is an awesome game...It is so much fun when you get 4 people together and you coordinate and everything with one guy covering, etc...like Reclaimer said....This game was WAY underrated, I thought it was great and still play it every time I hang out with people at my house...:)

Delphar7
06-13-2003, 03:31 PM
well more votes for many already mentioned;

1 - Deathrow (Sounth End interactive and a little company called ubi soft)

2 - Phantom Crash (Phantagram and Genki)

Steady now, my two favourite non-Live games.

Deathrow also includes soundtrack option! KICK ass! and All the music unlockable in Phantom Crash, it may as well have soundtrack option!

So much to do, fun to play. Although the Multi-Player in Phantom Crash suxX0rs. . . RUMOUR: A Sequel for Phantom Crash!

delphar7

DZNUTZ
06-13-2003, 03:43 PM
1. nyc gamer...sick sig
2. i still haven't unwrapped amped..lol
3. my vote for most underated game...goes too.....

WWF RAW
just like Ms's sports titles..i think thq/anchor also did a tremndous job for their first installment of a new engine.

let the flames begin

hamma69
06-13-2003, 11:28 PM
most underated xbox game is either amped or mkda.

The Jackal
06-14-2003, 05:00 PM
Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO and MGS2 Substance.... i just saw how low they were on the top 100... come on you cant tell me Whacked is better than both these games

JJaX
06-14-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ

WWF RAW
just like Ms's sports titles..i think thq/anchor also did a tremndous job for their first installment of a new engine.

let the flames begin

I to liked WWF RAW. THe CAW was awesome. Just get 3 buddies to get drunk as s4it and blaze a phatty and beat the hell out of each other.

Good times :cry:

BunnyRabbit
06-15-2003, 08:57 PM
I would go with AMPED or Blood Wake. Blood Wake was actually really good. Best boat game I ever played.

Trento52
06-16-2003, 12:44 AM
Their are alot of games that were talked about then disapeared but ones i think i played that were underrated were serious sam, quantum redshift, and jet set radio future. Those games are fun but i think serious sam was one of the funnest and easiest to learn games, and alot of weapons and beautiful landscaping graphics in the mayan levels, and you could walk forever it seamed like. I think blinx the time sweeper would be cool but not heard much on it really.

BunnyRabbit
06-16-2003, 07:49 AM
Yes... I loved JSRF.... I would have to say I ovverate that game. I love it too much, but no one else seems to think its that good.

Stormlord
06-16-2003, 08:45 AM
I'd say Whacked, Blood Omen 2, Blood Rayne, and Commandos 2. Whacked is the most underrated LIVE game and it's a blast to play it, plus a lot of people complained about the demo for theStarter kit. Blood Omen gives an awesome Vampire adventure with cool stuff like turning invisble in misty areas or sucking the blood of your enemies to regain health. Blood Rayne because it got thrashed by a lot of reviewers, atleast the ones I saw. Commandos is awesome because of the strategy invovled. The controls were done well and it was easy to set up an ambush upon an incoming squad of germans and assault tank. :cheers:

BunnyRabbit
06-16-2003, 09:47 AM
My fav Vamp Game is Buffy.

runninutes
06-16-2003, 11:59 AM
I'd have to agree with those who have said Simpsons Road Rage and Munch's Oddysee. Both are great games. I don't think SRR reaches the great heights reached by the original Crazy Taxi, but it's still very enjoyable. I think that Munch has gotten ok reviews, but I really think it deserved even better reviews, and it's one of those games that just plain gets overlooked.

I'd also have to say Enter the Matrix - I've had a lot of fun with it. I've played through as Niobe, and am working my way through as Ghost now (he's not as fun, IMHO). Still, it's received some pretty bad reviews from some folks - guess they were just looking for something different from the game than I was.

Jammer211
06-16-2003, 01:52 PM
I'd have to say Aggressive Inline. Its not all that well known, but it got great reviews. The levels are huge, soundtrack is good (and you can make your own), and theres just so much to do in the game. I personally think its a better game than THPS4, but it got swept away in the Xtreme Sport deluge.

Brevity
06-16-2003, 03:05 PM
I would say online Tetris, I know its old school and all, but I have several "new" games at my house many of which have not even been opened do to the fact that all I seem to be playing is this game. Now I admit that its all about the live side of this game but wow.

brennanator
09-03-2006, 10:54 AM
I say Amped. The game is golden

I agree I hav Amped It's AWESOME!

FatBox
09-04-2006, 12:03 PM
It makes me horny when threads over 2 years old get resurrected.

Infraredragon
09-04-2006, 12:36 PM
Oh well, Psychonauts gets my vote.

predatorprime
09-04-2006, 01:39 PM
Kung Fu Chaos, Voodoo Vince and Blinx... All three tried to add new things to genres and got scorned for it

scozzard
09-08-2006, 08:19 PM
Definitly ultimate spider man, i bought it for $15 thats like USD$10!

that game is sweet, if you havent played it, think GTA3 but you can swing around the city... its outta control

BananaMan
09-10-2006, 02:21 PM
Conflict: Desert Storm...great game, tons of fun with a friend.

FatBox
09-11-2006, 06:04 PM
Conflict: Desert Storm...great game, tons of fun with a friend.
Yeah, especially if you have 4 people playing, it's great!

I would have to say the most underated is probably Kingdom Under Fire though, I loved the game but all the critics hated it and barely anyone played it. It was probably the best Xbox Live game I've ever played besides Halo 2, it was like an RPG.

Primal DL
09-11-2006, 06:11 PM
Conflict was an AMAZING game!