PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for 3D/FPS games...

thrAsher
06-03-2003, 02:36 PM
Who has interesting ideas for a new FPS?

Mine would be something like this: a game where you can pick to either play as an Angel or Devil, and from there you would blast through 'x' # of levels, trying to defeat hordes of the enemy. In the case you were an angel, this would mean fighting demons and hell hounds and such, and as a devil, you would be assaulting the Pearly Gates, singing angel wings w/ your unholy fireballs.

You would be able to use evil/good powers as well as various weapons distinct to either character. The devil could have a flaming trident for a melee weapon, for instance. Maybe the angel would be able to toss his halo like a boomerang.

It could be called "Heaven and Hell" or something. (copyright 2003 lol)

Anyone care to expand on this idea? or maybe post your own unique vision (not that mine is that 'unique') ?

:cheers:

studepaber
06-03-2003, 03:10 PM
Thrasher-

There already is a game (although not FPS) called Heaven and Hell...look it up on a game search....Your idea reminds me of Enclave's premise, and there are other games I'm thinking of with the same theme but can't think of the names. My ideal FPS would be a game that plots humans againsts aliens against cyborgs against 'whatever' but things I would like to see incorporated within the game are MORE GIBS (I mean total nastiness), ability to totally destroy environments, player movement that corresponds to damage taken. and vehicles....definitely vehicles. Oh the endless possibilities.

sabca
06-03-2003, 03:47 PM
I'd say a WWI FPS would be really cool. Enough of this Americanism crap, I want some of my own national pride and fight as a Canadian in The War to End All Wars. Sitting in the western front fighting off hoardes of Germans. Bravely holding position at Ypres, Heroically capturing Vimy Ridge. Hell, maybe even a WWI flight sim would be cool. Billy Bishop, mwahahaha.

thrAsher
06-03-2003, 03:55 PM
studepabr: the idea/name came to me as I was posting. just wanted to get the ball rolling.

i totally agree with you about destructible environments. i hate it when i can blast a window with a rocket launcher and it doesn't break. wtf is that? or when you lay into a beastie w/ a chaingun and a tiny spray of blood is all you see. i want that chaingun to tear them to pieces (sicko, i know :D ).

also, a biggie in FPS games would be true physics in the sense that if you shoot someone in the leg, that person/creature should be hampered. a shotgun should remove the leg, not just take health off. with all the attention to detail these days, like ragdoll physics and such, it would be nice to see a title or two that really went all out on the reality tip. for example: i'd like to snipe someone in the head and see that baby pop like a watermelon. (should I seek therapy? lol)

studepaber
06-03-2003, 04:01 PM
Lol, no you don't need therapy as long as you don't long for those ideas in reality. but really there's nothing wrong with a little video game bloodlust.

sabca
06-03-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by thrAsher
also, a biggie in FPS games would be true physics in the sense that if you shoot someone in the leg, that person/creature should be hampered. a shotgun should remove the leg, not just take health off. with all the attention to detail these days, like ragdoll physics and such, it would be nice to see a title or two that really went all out on the reality tip. for example: i'd like to snipe someone in the head and see that baby pop like a watermelon. (should I seek therapy? lol)

That would be cool as hell. :cheers:

Shadow20002
06-03-2003, 05:26 PM
All i want is the most important thing in a FPS game (IMO). The artificial intelligent of the ennemies. I want it better than reality, mean smarter than anything else. One ennemy can hide, go around check every bit of noise you make, pick up medkit to recover his health, can snipe you, call more ennemies to take cover before challenge you, tactics with the environments, etc.

Yeah, i know if a game is made like this, it will take you like 10 minutes to kill one but when it's hard...i'm addict. :p

thrAsher
06-04-2003, 03:42 PM
Shadow20002: i agree completely. it would be great to see a game where, say when you assault a compound, the entire compound would react to your presence. not just those few nearest you. but the whole place would light up. searchlights and maybe even a chopper would take off, spotlighting the area around the compound for you.

gun emplacements and towers would 'actively' seek you out. dogs would be let loose to track you down. maybe a squad of troops, also. it would be great if the AI did things like run away when overpowered, or had the ability to take cover and sneak away! why is every badguy in every game so eager to risk his neck?

i guess what i'm saying is that i'd like to see a lot of the things Splinter Cell and Halo excelled at (which i happen to think the AI for both was great) be used in more action packed games (i'm referring to Splinter Cell, of course. Halo is fine in the action dept. )i could stomach less polished graphics for more intelligent AI and hyper-realistic situational material.

but what do i know about games? i only play them.....
;)

Reclaimer
06-05-2003, 11:09 PM
I'm looking for more real world, as of right now games. An FPS takes place now in the present. I want SWAT Team games. Real weapons, real workable tactics. And as a challenge, I want to see a game where killing someone is not always what you need to do. I want to see a game where you can actually arrest people and take them into custody. I want to make the choice based on what's going on to either shoot, or take them down without force. Something like that. An FPS where the choices you make are as important as the ordinance you fire.

thrAsher
06-06-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Reclaimer
I'm looking for more real world, as of right now games. An FPS takes place now in the present. I want SWAT Team games. Real weapons, real workable tactics. And as a challenge, I want to see a game where killing someone is not always what you need to do. I want to see a game where you can actually arrest people and take them into custody. I want to make the choice based on what's going on to either shoot, or take them down without force. Something like that. An FPS where the choices you make are as important as the ordinance you fire.

True Crime: Streets of L.A. combines the deepest fighting, shooting and driving elements ever seen in one game. Players take the role of Nick Kang, a no-holds-barred undercover operative fighting to bring down the crime syndicates of L.A. in driving missions, gunfights and martial arts showdowns across hundreds of square miles of the city. For maximum replayability, an unpredictable, branching storyline gives players the freedom to complete missions as they choose - however, they also have to face the consequences of those choices for better or worse. Successes or failures lead to entirely different game experiences, unveiling multiple storylines with no repeated missions.

* Featuring a powerful 3D engine, True Crime: Streets Of L.A. allows players to move freely through a 400 square mile living, breathing re-creation of the City of Angels.

* Players will be able to visit popular L.A. landmarks, or buy services from local gun merchants, mechanics or doughnut shops.

* Improve Kang's abilities by visiting auto simulators, dojo's and gun ranges around town.

* Thirty vehicles to choose from

* Fighters move in bullet time

* Target your enemies automatically or with precision aiming for one shot kills

* Over 100 story-based missions with pass or fail objectives resulting in multiple pivotal action that you'll never play the same game twice

* Three distinct move sets: gunsdrawn shooting, sneaking and neck-snapping stealth, and martial arts.

Drive, fight and blast your way through a massive array of unpredictable missions, using stealth techniques, martial arts moves and an ask-questions-later arsenal.

For maximum replayability, a changeable, branching storyline gives you the freedom to complete missions to complete as you choose. However, you have to face the consequences of those choices for better or worse. Successes or failures lead to entirely different game experiences, unveiling multiple storylines with no repeated missions.

Build skills as you progress, learn new fighting moves, more sophisticated shooting skills and driving maneuvers. Get all the gritty detail of the real undercover world in a painstakingly recreated Los Angeles featuring recognizable landmarks and famous streets. Cruise the city taking down or harassing the scum of the streets. Bust drug dealers and prostitutes, shakedown informants and confront gang members to get the job done.

Looks like the hardcore streets of L.A. have just met their match.