PDA

View Full Version : Is Enter The Matrix worth it?

Cyclone
06-04-2003, 02:17 PM
The PC version of the game is loaded with bugs and is boredline unplayable. If you have played the Xbox and PC version, is the Xbox version any better? I want this game but after playing the PC version, I'm afraid to bother with it on the consoles but I've read a lot of good stuff about the Xbox version

LynxFX
06-04-2003, 02:25 PM
I played through both characters on the Xbox version and done most of the hacking. I haven't noticed any bugs. The camera can **** you off at times but that is on all systems. :mad:

Otherwise, I say it is worth it, or at least $40 as it was when I got it. Great parallel story to the movie, and actually if you sit back and relax and enjoy kicking everyone's ass then it can be a very fun game.

stilly
06-04-2003, 02:25 PM
i bought it, and thought it sucked big time, i honestly can't see how people think it's great, it's got glitches galore, the driving bits are a joke.
i'm trying to get rid of my copy as soon as, i hardly ever sell games i ain't finished. unless they are pants.

the fmv are the only worth while bits. and you can't play them.:cry:

JimmieDoogan
06-04-2003, 03:36 PM
Driving sucks, but fighting and shooting are fun. Mind you not very fleshed out, but if you liked Max Payne I'm sure you'll like this. It's not a fully fleshed out game... they definitely needed GRIPS of time to finish it and make it really good... but it's still alot of fun. The Xbox version destroys the PC version, graphically and control wise. PC version seems to use less poly's. Pretty sure, due to the fact that they want to reach those with crappy PC's too. But it runs like crap, dispite it looking terrible, even on the best PC's (buddy has a dope PC with a 9700 and it runs like SHIZER!!! no reason for it either). There's a two player fighing hidden in the hacking sequences... You can unlock it, and though again it's not fully fleshed out, I can honestly say it's WAY better than Tao Feng ;) . It's alot of fun if your a fanatic! Which I am... in a way... there are some things about the matrix that just cheeses me out, but so many other things out weight the bad stuff (the matrix universe as a whole, not just the game or the movies). If your looking for quick thrills, and a way to join in on the action you saw in the movies, pick it up. If your looking for a deep tactical shooter with amazing fighting moves dazzling graphics and deep hard to solve but fullfilling puzzles... well... no such game exists on any console or PC... So quick thirlls it is... it's like a quicky in the morning with your significant other right before work, which can be fun or lame depending on wether or not your into it ;).

hiter101
06-04-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by stilly

the fmv are the only worth while bits. and you can't play them.:cry:

yes u can after u hack the game there are a **** load of cool images and videos u can see and the game is tottally awesome but one downsider is its to short i beat it in a weekend and now im like wat now? i mean there are different diffuculties but its the same game no matter wat its definatly worth at least a rental to see if u can beat it or u can buy it to view the awesome fmv any time u want :)

LynxFX
06-04-2003, 04:49 PM
Yeah I will admit, the drivers parts were very week. Same with the flying the Logos. I swear you could just hit accellerate and not even touch any other buttons and you would win the level.

FuNkY mOnK
06-04-2003, 05:04 PM
This is a perfect example of love and hate situations. if you ask me i'll say this is one of the better xbox games, go for it.

frog11983
06-04-2003, 07:05 PM
the only way it would be worth anything is if you LOVE the matrix story and want to learn more. from what i gathered, the game sucks otherwise, i would not play it if i wasn't interested in the matrix story. :confused:

MidniteArrow
06-04-2003, 08:16 PM
Have much crack lately? This game rocks. I'll admit the driving part wasn't much... haven't done the driving the Logos part yet, playing through it with friends on their schedule. It probably wouldn't be as good if I was not a matrix fan, but if you didn't like the matrix, then you've got some other issues to work through. Of course, and this is not bragging, it might not be as good on a smaller TV. But hook it up to a decent set and enjoy some 1080i gaming.

MerimacHamwich
06-04-2003, 09:54 PM
I agree with Midnite. Enter The Matrix is a top notch game, minus the so-so graphics.

Dre
06-04-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
I agree with Midnite. Enter The Matrix is a top notch game, minus the so-so graphics.

I disagree with Merimac. Rent it and you'll be happy you rented it. You can easily finish this game in a rental. Even the lame hacking part, it only takes like 15 minute to do.

Its definitely awesome to watch the FMV sequences to fill in on the whole matrix story, but thats about the only thing this games got. Hand to hand combat is very (imo overly) simplistic and the person that mapped out the black button for shooting guns should be shot themselves.

XBX_Junior_XBX
06-04-2003, 10:59 PM
Yes, every single penny!!: P

Diddy
06-05-2003, 10:37 PM
HEYLLL NO!!!! Dont buy that game it blows. I was severly disappointed, u should buy yourself som Tom Clancy's Raven Shield or Vietcong for PC.

En7gMa
06-05-2003, 11:21 PM
Do not buy the game. I have it for pc, and I rented it for Xbox. Both are fun to play with the shooting and all, but the camera really ****es me off. Also, the controls on the Xbox version took me a while to learn. The driving sucks...Thats about it...its a game you should rent, not buy.

GRAVEDIGGER
06-05-2003, 11:26 PM
Yea i've played it, it wasnt that great and the driving does suck big time, cant see why there was so much hype from the get-go.

Anyways i'll be returning the dang thing and picking up the Hulk Instead.

Untill next time...

l Maximus l
06-06-2003, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by GRAVEDIGGER
Yea i've played it, it wasnt that great and the driving does suck big time, cant see why there was so much hype from the get-go.

Anyways i'll be returning the dang thing and picking up the Hulk Instead.

Untill next time...

Damn...I miss the GraveDigger! :D

GRAVEDIGGER
06-06-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

Damn...I miss the GraveDigger! :D

Ol Boy Maximus! My Dawg!..sup man, thanx, and i'll be back a lot more often now that i'm not so busy, no matter what, I just cant forget about good ol' XBA!

Untill next time...

Dre
06-06-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by GRAVEDIGGER
cant see why there was so much hype from the get-go.

You blind? hehehe, just kidding... good to cya posting Gravedigger.

All that hype from the get-go was made because:

1. Its the Matrix
2. The Wachowski brothers had direct involvement
3. Real footage
4. Its the Matrix!!

Liquid Gears
06-06-2003, 05:22 PM
I wouldn't spend my money on that. I beat the game in 3 days. Seriously man, don't waste yo money

GRAVEDIGGER
06-06-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Dre

You blind? hehehe, just kidding... good to cya posting Gravedigger.

LoL Yea..deadmen dont see very well...sup Dre, its good to be back yo, on tha real. But i see what you're sayin about all dat hype. but people should be easy, and not rush to conclusions about a game just because the movie was good.

Untill next time...

bigbcstunna
06-06-2003, 11:55 PM
bought the game recently its pretty kool at 1rst then u beat it in like 2 days its not very long but it is definetly worth the money after a while though it gets old.:cuss: and fustrating LOL
i say go for it if u have the money or go buy Brute Force its a sweet game!!!!