PDA

View Full Version : Conflict Desert Storm 2 to have Live Support!

Brevity
06-04-2003, 03:13 PM
Source: Gamespot

Conflict: Desert Storm II - Back to Baghdad will be available for the PC, PlayStation 2, and Xbox this fall, and the Xbox version will feature Xbox Live support. Expect more coverage of this game in the near future.
Their site (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/conflictds2/preview_6028549.html)

Man did I love this game, I cant wait..

For the mods,,,I
1)checked out front.
2)Looked in threads
3)Complied to all new rules,,,,even the no screen fake rule.lol

studepaber
06-04-2003, 03:40 PM
This one looks great and the Live news is something I didn't expect. With better graphics, better AI and Live support CDS2 may be the game to dethrone Brute Force (as the best third-person tactical shooter) this fall.

Arven
06-05-2003, 08:04 AM
Remember, though, "Xbox Live support" may mean only DL content. It may not be a Live-enabled game.

If it is, though, I'm definitely going to buy it. I thought the first was a lot of fun. CDS would be great online.

studepaber
06-05-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Arven
Remember, though, "Xbox Live support" may mean only DL content. It may not be a Live-enabled game.

If it is, though, I'm definitely going to buy it. I thought the first was a lot of fun. CDS would be great online.

True dat. Regardless of whether it is Live-enabled or not I'm still gonna get it. I enjoyed the first CDS and the second one seems to fix alot of the first's annoyances.

Duke
06-05-2003, 10:26 AM
Maybe I didn't give it enough playing time, but I played the 1st one all of about an hour before I put it in the car to take back to Hollywood.

But I have hopes for the 2nd one. Live play is a huge bonus, plus that type of game is right down my alley.

LTM360
06-05-2003, 02:11 PM
If the games controlling is as bad as the first then there's no way of me playing this one. In all honesty I hated CDS, seemed to me it was just an attempt at other great shooting games (except with a 'real' story) & it failed miserably attempting that.

carlbme
06-05-2003, 02:27 PM
Sweet. I loved the first one (the way CO-OP was done kicked ass).

Can't wait for the second one.

Flood
06-05-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Brevity
Source: Gamespot

Their site (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/conflictds2/preview_6028549.html)

Man did I love this game, I cant wait..

For the mods,,,I
1)checked out front.
2)Looked in threads
3)Complied to all new rules,,,,even the no screen fake rule.lol

thanks brevity...i think this not only looks nice that a super LONG article but also its easy for the people who just wanna check it out real quick to see what others are saying and dont have time ro read the article

l Maximus l
06-05-2003, 04:35 PM
I played the first CDS at a buddy's house for about 30 minutes. I thought it was a little lackluster, however, I make it a rule for myself not to judge a game until I've played it for six hours or more. So, I'll remain to have an open mind about it.

Perhaps Brute Force can make a note that squad based shooters should be mandatory XBL compatible.

Reclaimer
06-05-2003, 11:04 PM
Oh, I am so ready for this game. Live support? Sweet. I can not wait for it to come out.