PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Club II

Veronus2
06-04-2003, 07:32 PM
Just cracked open my copy of Midnight Club II, I've never played any versions of this and have high hopes. I haven't tried Live with it yet. Two observations though - Sub Par Graphics and No Custom Soundtrack -- Doh! The huge environments are kewl and the control is tweaked nicely, but way over-rated IMO. After playing other great racers on the Box this one just doesn't impress me. It's not a bad game, it's just a reminder of why I traded in my PS2 for an Xbox -- I had to double check my controller to make sure I wasn't playing the PS2. Maybe the online xp will make it worth it, but so far it's not much more than a $19.99 title to me. When is Project Gotham 2 comin'?...LOL

Calve
06-07-2003, 02:44 PM
Can you soup-up cars? (engine tweaks, put skirt kits...)

Veronus2
06-07-2003, 05:05 PM
No, you can't. You can only unlock cars and bikes from the single mode of play. The cars aren't even licensed. Most of the time you can guess what car it's supposed to be.

Gameman732
06-10-2003, 06:46 AM
Tis true regarding the hype (overhype) surrounding this game. It's a nice enough title but, it's a true PS2 game. Lot's of cheap hits by AI racers (50 yards from the finish line, a truck/car/ bus will pull right in front of you.
The graphics are PS2 quality. No custon soundtrack. I can't speak on how it is on XBL but the capture the flag & detonator
modes are available for single player (against AI drivers).
Rent B-4 you buy.

studepaber
06-10-2003, 08:31 AM
Live play is where this game really shines, play it now and then give impressions! Especially play CTF, it's extremely fun!