PDA

View Full Version : Number of games

skoot182
12-08-2001, 11:05 PM
I was just wondering, this may seem like a stupig question, but how many games does everybody have at this time.

terrapin
12-09-2001, 12:20 AM
I only have four at the moment. In case you were wondering, they are Halo, NFL Fever 2002, Tony Hawk 2x and Oddworld (listed in order of favorite to least favorite).

VAN
12-09-2001, 01:29 AM
I have 8 currently. Hopefully will be 10 before the end of tomorrow. :) Incidentally, this is the most games I've had for a system so close after launch. I think 2 months after I got my PS2 I still only had 5 games.

CBR900rr
12-09-2001, 01:33 AM

Fever
NHL Hitz
Amped
Gotham Racing
Star Wars Starfighter
Transworld Surfing
DOA 3

should be getting a few more for the holidays

Twisted J
12-09-2001, 11:23 AM
2 right now
after christmas ill only have 4. but if i get birthdaymoney that will change also

i have halo and Doa3

im getting shrek and starwars Starfighter

Xboxmaster2001
12-09-2001, 02:58 PM
7 but at the end of the month prolly about 20

XboxChump
12-09-2001, 07:29 PM
I also have 4,Amped,Do3,Halo,PGR.....

l Maximus l
12-10-2001, 03:13 PM
Azurik
Halo
Project Gotham Racing
Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding
NFL Fever

I'm getting Munch in a couple days.

xboxlover
12-10-2001, 03:54 PM
Poor me ain't got ma xbox yet but heres hopin march will come quicker than i tink.

Deathwish
12-10-2001, 04:00 PM
I have Halo (BEST GAME EVER!), Dead or Alive 3 (almost best fighting game ever), and Transworld Surf (BEST SURFING GAME EVER!). It was a forced bundle (Im not complianing - it was a gift)
at Electronics Boutique, along with a second controller (pick one acsessory, 3 games, and Xbox). I also later picked up a DVD remote (ripoff - my only compliant about Xbox).

l Maximus l
12-10-2001, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Deathwish
I have Halo (BEST GAME EVER!), Dead or Alive 3 (almost best fighting game ever), and Transworld Surf (BEST SURFING GAME EVER!). It was a forced bundle (Im not complianing - it was a gift)
at Electronics Boutique, along with a second controller (pick one acsessory, 3 games, and Xbox). I also later picked up a DVD remote (ripoff - my only compliant about Xbox).

LOL, Rip-off? Dude, is that the only thing you bought? lol...and you feel ripped off?

XboxChump
12-10-2001, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Deathwish
I also later picked up a DVD remote (ripoff - my only compliant about Xbox).

Well Ms could have opted to not put in a progressive scan dvd player and put in a standard one,then we could use the controller for a remote.Me personally i like having the progressive scan for my Hdtv,I am sure people without a Hdtv would say otherwise.But you want wave of the future technology right?So why do you want complain about a 30 dollar remote when you get advanced equipment.So maybe down the road when your opted to get a Hdtv you can take full feature of the progressive scan dvd drive,And then you will say i am glad they put this in the machine..

Deathwish
12-10-2001, 07:20 PM
No the remote is cheap - you have to use a menu for zoom and A
- B loop. For 30 I want a good high quality remote with buttons. There isnt even a freaking eject or power button - standard on most remotes.

xboxman_1
12-10-2001, 07:27 PM
Well Ms could have opted to not put in a progressive scan dvd player and put in a standard one,then we could use the controller for a remote.
Dude, I could swear I've read a million places that the progressive
scan DVD was removed for the final design.... quote me if I'm wrong though....

XboxChump
12-10-2001, 07:34 PM
Deathwish :No the remote is cheap - you have to use a menu for zoom and A
- B loop. For 30 I want a good high quality remote with buttons. There isnt even a freaking eject or power button - standard on most remotes.

It's called a game machine.They could have not put one in it at all,Or would you rather have a cheap dvd drive and a good remote?

xboxman_1 quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well Ms could have opted to not put in a progressive scan dvd player and put in a standard one,then we could use the controller for a remote.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dude, I could swear I've read a million places that the progressive
scan DVD was removed for the final design.... quote me if I'm wrong though....

Yes it does have Progressive scan dvd,I use it everyday...On a Hdtv..

batman46st
12-10-2001, 07:44 PM
SO FAR NFL FEVER,ODDWORLD,HALO,NBA LIVE 2002, PRETTY SOON TO BE DOA3,BATMAN VENGINCE (I DONT CARE IF IT DOES SUCK LOOK AT MY SCREEN NAME FOR THE LOVE OF GOD) WAIT A LIL BIT LONGER NBA2K2 WWF. AND IN THE FUTURE A **** LOAD OF GAMES SO FAR IM JUST HAPPY I FINALY FOUND MY DVD PLAYER

l Maximus l
12-11-2001, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by batman46st
SO FAR NFL FEVER,ODDWORLD,HALO,NBA LIVE 2002, PRETTY SOON TO BE DOA3,BATMAN VENGINCE (I DONT CARE IF IT DOES SUCK LOOK AT MY SCREEN NAME FOR THE LOVE OF GOD) WAIT A LIL BIT LONGER NBA2K2 WWF. AND IN THE FUTURE A **** LOAD OF GAMES SO FAR IM JUST HAPPY I FINALY FOUND MY DVD PLAYER

Batman...dude, you're a cool dude and all, but, man, for the sake of all the people here, would you mind clicking off your cap lock? lol

batman46st
12-12-2001, 10:13 AM
oh dudes when i get home im just too tired to note that im using caps ill keep it down i understand its very annoying so ill turn them off...

Taltoz
12-12-2001, 10:19 AM
Lets see, DOA3, Oddworld, PGR, and halo. Halo is still untouched since I am saving it for Christmas

l Maximus l
12-12-2001, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Taltoz
Lets see, DOA3, Oddworld, PGR, and halo. Halo is still untouched since I am saving it for Christmas

Whoa, Taltoz! How can you stand the wait?!!? Oh man, your Christmas is going to be some great times, especially seeing Halo for the first time...That's pretty cool, yet, stupid at the same time :D hehe...jk

Taltoz
12-12-2001, 10:33 AM
Stupidity maybe but it is keeping the wife happy.

l Maximus l
12-12-2001, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Taltoz
Stupidity maybe but it is keeping the wife happy.

lol, Taltoz...no offense, dude...but, do you think your wife will actually be excited while watching you cream the enemy Covenant during the Christmas holidays?! lol...I'm just kidding...I'm married, too...so, I know how it is :D

Hugh_Jass
12-12-2001, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by XboxChump

Yes it does have Progressive scan dvd,I use it everyday...On a Hdtv..

Sorry, chum (or should I say, "chump"?). Just because you use the XBOX on your HDTV to watch DVDs doesn't make them progressive scan. Progressive scan is for (some) games only, sad to say.

You can buy a line doubler or video scaler to convert your games and DVD to progressive scan. They aren't cheap but maybe it's worth it to you.

XboxChump
12-12-2001, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass

Sorry, chum (or should I say, "chump"?). Just because you use the XBOX on your HDTV to watch DVDs doesn't make them progressive scan. Progressive scan is for (some) games only, sad to say.

You can buy a line doubler or video scaler to convert your games and DVD to progressive scan. They aren't cheap but maybe it's worth it to you.

Sorry Hugh_jass or should i say,No i am not going to say it.But shows how much you so called know.The X-box does have a progressive scan dvd player and it does use it in everygame.And far as movies it does not,but it will soon.

But you sumed it up for me when you said it works in some game's(Wich it does for all games Btw).So you even stated it has a progressive scan dvd player.But you are quit to jump over me for saying the same thing you said..

Tazilla
12-12-2001, 06:00 PM
I have

Halo
THPS2x
Oddworld
NFL Fever 2002
Mad Dash
Azurick
NHL 2002
SSX Tricky

and I will have a few more after Xmas

Hugh_Jass
12-12-2001, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by XboxChump

Sorry Hugh_jass or should i say,No i am not going to say it.But shows how much you so called know.The X-box does have a progressive scan dvd player and it does use it in everygame.And far as movies it does not,but it will soon.

But you sumed it up for me when you said it works in some game's(Wich it does for all games Btw).So you even stated it has a progressive scan dvd player.But you are quit to jump over me for saying the same thing you said..

If you can, pick up the January 2002 issue of Next Generation magazine. (Sadly, it's the last issue since they went out of business.) On page 44 you'll find a list of all the XBOX titles and whether they support progressive scan or not. Of the 29 titles on the list 15 support 480p and 14 are interlaced.

As for having a DVD player CAPABLE of supporting progressive scan, I can believe that. All DVD ROM drives are capable of that, as far as I know. Unfortunately, MS didn't choose to actually implement this feature.

Here are a few references to back me up:
Microsoft has since pulled the progressive scan capabilities from the Xbox (http://www.hollywoodvideo.com/games/xbox_faq.htm)

Note to videophiles: even with the extra kit, the Xbox won't output your movies in 480p, so hold on to that progressive-scan DVD player. (http://www.zdnet.co.uk/reviews/rstories/0,3040,e7111368,00.html)

no progressive-scan DVD playback. (http://www.cnet.com/electronics/0-6342415-1304-7892636.html)