PDA

View Full Version : new RTCW map has been released!

VenoM
06-05-2003, 03:37 AM
played over an hour of it...its pretty cool,just glad there releasing stuff for this game early instead of waiting over 6 months :)

Xbox Owner
06-05-2003, 05:38 AM
i'm downloading it now..here's a link to ign confirming it though

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/422/422598p1.html?fromint=1

It's only one map, but this is the fastest Xbox DLC has been released after game release. Here's a snippet of the article:

"The new "Barn" map may have a silly name but beginning Thursday June 5, Axis and Allied soldiers will be able to run all game types through the new multiplayer map.

Barn is modeled after the ranch where Nerve vice president Chris Cummings grew up so you'll actually be calling air strikes down on a reasonable facsimile of a developer's childhood home. Just what you need to exact your revenge for every little criticism you have for the game you love. It's a smaller map designed to keep 6-8 players in close proximity to each other throughout most of the battle and comes complete with a functional barn! The smaller size will also help keep things running nice and smooth throughout a multiplayer battle."

Arven
06-05-2003, 07:55 AM
"...so you'll actually be calling air strikes down on a reasonable facsimile of a developer's childhood home. Just what you need to exact your revenge for every little criticism you have for the game..."

That's pretty funny. :)

Damn, I still haven't gotten tired of the Beach map, and I've barely scratched the surface of the dozen other good ones.

This new content is coming too early! waaa. (Just thought I'd find something to complain about.)

Casper
06-05-2003, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Xbox Owner
It's only one map, but this is the fastest Xbox DLC has been released after game release.

Nope, Inside Pitch had a stadium waiting for you on the day of release...can't really beat that one :D

Dyslexic Chaos
06-05-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by casper

Nope, Inside Pitch had a stadium waiting for you on the day of release...can't really beat that one :D

BLAST!!!!! You beat me to it? Yeah, it's pretty cool that they're releasing DLC soon after release now. Maybe we'll finally start seeing these "Episodic Games" we've been hearing so much about...

BTW, hey Casp, you wanna play some Inside Pitch Tonite? I'll be on most of the night, probably playing Midnight Club II (Which I'm buying today),so invite me and I'll come.

VeNoMiZA
06-05-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Jerred B

BLAST!!!!! You beat me to it? Yeah, it's pretty cool that they're releasing DLC soon after release now. Maybe we'll finally start seeing these "Episodic Games" we've been hearing so much about...

BTW, hey Casp, you wanna play some Inside Pitch Tonite? I'll be on most of the night, probably playing Midnight Club II (Which I'm buying today),so invite me and I'll come. damn that inside pitch is a waste of money. omg its crap. but anyways. thats good they finally drop some DLC quick.

Dyslexic Chaos
06-05-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by VeNoMiZA
damn that inside pitch is a waste of money. omg its crap. but anyways. thats good they finally drop some DLC quick.

Umm, how long did you play the game for. It's probably one of the most underrated xbox games. It takes some getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, it's really quite good, especially online.

Variation-XBA
06-05-2003, 01:43 PM
Im impressed that already stuff it comming to DL... go MS :D

Shadow20002
06-05-2003, 01:43 PM
Good to hear Activision is doing well with the new multiplayer map for Tides of War. Instead of Ubisoft just release one new mission for over 6 months.

PapaSKooT
06-05-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Jerred B

BLAST!!!!! You beat me to it

same here :(

l Maximus l
06-05-2003, 06:13 PM
Sweet! I'm going to download it ASAP! :D

VenoM
06-05-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
Sweet! I'm going to download it ASAP! :D

i never see ya on...but thats cause someone hasnt accepted my friends list invite yet :watchout: :D ;)