PDA

View Full Version : i need opinions. its about oddworld.

Satch
12-08-2001, 11:59 PM
well, halo was a must buy. now i need another game. i was really wanting oddworld. thing is, i dont know if its worth it. i got some questions. if you have the game or rented it then help me out.

Q # 1 - i know that the graphics are now 3d, but is there anything different about the GAMEPLAY of it that differs from the 2d games?

Q # 2 - how hard is it? are the puzzles extremely tooooo difficult?

Q # 3 - do you mainly control abe or munch. i hope its abe!!

Q # 4 - what type of game is it classified as? is it action/adventure???:confused:

thanks and please respond

BacklasH
12-09-2001, 02:43 AM
Q # 1 - i know that the graphics are now 3d, but is there anything different about the GAMEPLAY of it that differs from the 2d games?

sorry didn't play the first 2, but it looks great and plays great.

in the 5 days i had it, rented it, i got about 75% done, but i played it 3 days straight while i was off. hard? at times yes... and at times no. overall, pretty good use of logic puzzles and action.

you use both, i would say 85% or better Abe, although Munch in the Wheelchair just flat out hauls...

Q # 4 - what type of game is it classified as? is it action/adventure???

good question. i think more like a logic puzzle/adventure. or something like that.

rent the game like i did if your not sure. its a great game, and now that i looked in the strategy guide now i know what i missed before. The game is now on my list, and will probably end up getting it.

Rancey
12-09-2001, 04:46 AM
It is classified as action, which is why I placed it here ;)

Hugh_Jass
12-09-2001, 07:23 AM
I agree with everything Backlash said.

I love Oddworld and I'm getting it soon.

littlespacey
12-23-2001, 08:11 PM

yes, its 3d, the difference between it and 2d is there is 1 extra dimension in 3d. =P

I think its pretty easy, just kinda long and tedious, I'm actually at a part now thats pretty tough (sloghut 2813) the rest was a breeze.

well you start off as Abe... then you have to switch back and forth between munch and abe to accomplish tasks, but mostly with abe, fun!

Q # 4 - what type of game is it classified as? is it action/adventure???

good questiong, im not too sure... prolly adventure.

i highly reccomend it!!!!

-M

buckminster
01-04-2002, 01:43 PM
To help answer question 1:

You don't have to stop on a dime like the original games to avoid dieing (I really hated many of the jumping puzzles in the Abe stories for this), so it is more forgiving in that respect.

The gamespeak (at least for creatures Abe possesses) is essentially for fun so far (haven't gotten through the whole game) and doesn't have the functionality it did in the Abe games (especially Exoddus). Abe's gamespeak is essentially like it was before, and Munch's is almost identical.

Letting Abe command Mudokon warriors is very cool. The other Mudokons are more than just lemmings now!

And the other main difference, of course, is the ability/requirement to switch between Munch and Abe to finish a level.

Markus_Kalarkus
01-04-2002, 09:13 PM
not my choice i like games such as unreal doa3 halo gta3 n stuff. my 2 centz:eek:

l Maximus l
01-09-2002, 03:33 PM
I haven't played it yet...but, it should be arriving at my house any time. Man, it seems like I have been saying that for a week now! lol...two days ago, it was stuck in Tennesee...a long way from Seattle :eek: But, it's all good...I'm still trying to beat Azurik :D

GamingFreak
01-10-2002, 08:56 PM

YES... most definitely. I have played the first oddworld, and by obvious reasons, munch's oddysee is a big jump, considering it went from 2d to 3d. You can freely roam in your environment compared to sidescrolling. And jumping from platforms and overall actions you perform will take more thought and execution. As for being harder.. no.. but as for being more fun, yes!

The puzzles at times can make you scratch your head, and the cool part is, most of them you can pull of in different ways. You don't have to do it one exact way. Basically the game incorporates a lot more "strategery" than the previous oddworlds, and in a good way

Basically you control both munch and abe the same amount, but i'd have to say that some scenarios you get to control abe more, and theres some where you only get to control abe. Dont be fooled though, munch is so cool! his abilities are badass -> he can swim, and zap baddies and some others, wont spoil it :D

Q # 4 - what type of game is it classified as? is it
action/adventure???

Yep, action/adventure/+puzzle solver Great combination.
This game is lots of fun, kept me wanting more. Not everyone will enjoy this game, but if you like that genre even a little, than im sure you will find this game a blast!

peace out
GF :cool: