PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2k4 Delay

Robflare
06-05-2003, 04:28 PM
Uh oh....This is a recipe for disaster. Madden is going to trounce Sega again!!!!!!! What do you guys think about the new name change to ESPN Football and the delay to September? I would have to say it's going to hurt big time.

Pipetender
06-05-2003, 11:39 PM
I think it will really hurt there sales. Consumers will take what they got and once people get one game they most likely won't spend another $50 for another.

Robflare
06-06-2003, 08:06 AM
Pipetender,

How have you been? I remember seeing you in these forums last year. I'm Rob Base on XBOX Live, we'll have to hook up and play a game in September.....Man that sucks. They need to get this puppy out fast and promote like crazy. That's where EA beats them year end/out.

studepaber
06-06-2003, 10:04 AM
Ahhhh well I'll still wait until it comes out and won't give in to buying Madden 2004. I'll probably buy NCAA Football 2004 though instead of NCAA 2K4 (generally prefer EA with college and SEGA with Pro football).

GRAVEDIGGER
06-06-2003, 06:28 PM
Well, it doesnt matter to me, as long as they keep the same great gameplay and solid tackling and running we'll be in good shape IMO. And BTW there's a name change..why the hell did they change it to ESPN Football?!?!...Sad...

Untill next time

Pipetender
06-07-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Robflare
Pipetender,

How have you been? I remember seeing you in these forums last year. I'm Rob Base on XBOX Live, we'll have to hook up and play a game in September.....

Sounds good.

Dr_J
06-11-2003, 02:10 PM
Well, this probably seals it for me. It's FEVER time!!

Madden sucks and it was between 2K4 and Fever, with me leaning towards Fever anyway. Another negative to 2k4.

I still MIGHT rent both before I make a decision. Still not lookin' good for 2K4.

Pipetender
06-11-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Dr_J
Well, this probably seals it for me. It's FEVER time!!

Madden sucks and it was between 2K4 and Fever, with me leaning towards Fever anyway. Another negative to 2k4.

I still MIGHT rent both before I make a decision. Still not lookin' good for 2K4.

Why don't you make your choice based on which game you like better?

Dr_J
06-11-2003, 06:54 PM
That's why I said I might rent them both to decide.

CrazyCougar
06-11-2003, 09:59 PM
I love the 2k series to death and only wish they'd come out at the same time as madden and fever. But I will really have to look at fever this year toom due to the XSN feature. Come on, Microsoft can't screw a football game up 3 years in a row can they??? As for 2k4, we have still yet to here if it will be live enabled due to the EA/Sega deal..that could all change in a second.

DZNUTZ
06-17-2003, 03:17 PM
first..i'm not totally up to date on the ea/sega deal..or what its all aobut..but as far as i know..segas title is still live enabled.
theres no way in hell a non-live football title will get my money..so that leaves fever and sega.
and while i am impressed with how good MS is doing off the bat with their sports titles...i doubt it will be able to outperform sega.

bottom line..u can expect to see me on espn sega 2k4 whatevathefuktheywannacallit.

and...btw..as usual..i'm handing out free ass whoopings...
make sho u get in line crazy ;)

CrazyCougar
06-17-2003, 06:27 PM
Oh I'll be leadin that line Mr Deez. :D

Forgot to mention, I heard that the Sega/EZ partnership is not going to happen. Heard this from some insider sources. So thats good news for us Xbox owners.

DZNUTZ
06-18-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar-XBA
Oh I'll be leadin that line Mr Deez. :D

leading the line of people waiting to take a shot at the champ Dz maybe...

lol..u can tell football season is drawing near....the trash talk is already starting. :D :cheers:

Robflare
06-18-2003, 12:57 PM
Well,

I gotta go with 2k4 for sure now. My boy the sack-daddy, Warren Sapp is on the cover. DzNutz, lookout, you thought Rob Base was tough on RTCW, on 2k4 I am the freakinnnn man with the Bucs!

Woooooooooo!

Dr_J
06-18-2003, 07:22 PM
So, you're gonna buy a game because of the person that is on the cover of the box?

That makes a lot of sense.

Pipetender
06-18-2003, 07:49 PM
So, you're gonna buy a game because of the person that is on the cover of the box?

Give him a break. He is a wrestling fan... :rofl:

DZNUTZ
06-18-2003, 09:11 PM
Well,

I gotta go with 2k4 for sure now. My boy the sack-daddy, Warren Sapp is on the cover. DzNutz, lookout, you thought Rob Base was tough on RTCW, on 2k4 I am the freakinnnn man with the Bucs!

Woooooooooo!
dem dere fighting words :watchout:

Buccaneer21
06-18-2003, 10:57 PM
Don't be talking about my Buccaneers and my boy Sapp, I'll whip all your asses.:hail: :cheers:

DZNUTZ
06-19-2003, 01:07 AM
F da bucs.... go raiders!!

Buccaneer21
06-19-2003, 02:18 AM
DZNUTZ I can see why you hate the Bucs since we made the Raiders are biatches on national tv and in the Super Bowl.:D How do you like the SuperBowl ring lol.

BUCCANEERS 48
raiders 21:rofl:

Robflare
06-19-2003, 08:53 AM
Look guys. I'm from Tampa, split season tickets with my Dad for 3 years before moving to Miami in 97, and I still go up to Raymond James 2 or 3 times a year. I was there for the knock-out shot against Green Bay, I was there when Barry Sanders used to school us day and out, I'll be there when we go through rough times again!!!! I'm totally die hard, so DzNuts, you're going down hard!

Buccaneer21
06-19-2003, 10:45 AM
Preach on Robflare, the days of Bucco Bruce are gone. We are the champs.:cheers:

Casper
06-19-2003, 12:18 PM
Ricky, Senior Seau, and now Griese....Miami's not too far behind, and I will be giving out the trademark ©2k4 DDC ass whoopin's on ESPN 2k4....bring it :argue1:

Dr_J
06-19-2003, 12:31 PM
I still think, without playing them yet, Fever is going to be better than 2k4. Graphics look much better and Fever SEEMS to be more realistic.

Now, I'm still going to rent them both, but from all the movies and screenshots I've seen, Fever seems to be a better game.

And it's made SPECIFICALLY for the XBox!

Robflare
06-19-2003, 12:32 PM

Actually, no, I would not buy a game because of the person on the box. I was being ficitious. However, Sega will likely put a lot of emphasis on Tampa on this year's game which is a selling point for me. I can't see Fever getting it done. I bought Fever and 2k3 last year and played Fever for about 1 hour before getting totally annoyed.

Dr_J
06-19-2003, 12:39 PM

Actually, no, I would not buy a game because of the person on the box. I was being ficitious. However, Sega will likely put a lot of emphasis on Tampa on this year's game which is a selling point for me. I can't see Fever getting it done. I bought Fever and 2k3 last year and played Fever for about 1 hour before getting totally annoyed.

Actually, no. I'm not a Bears fan. I'm a lifelong Browns fan. My point is that I think how the box art looks should influence you to buy a game. That's just dumb. You buy it for the game, not the picture.

What were you totally annoyed by?

Casper
06-19-2003, 12:47 PM
Oh, and btw, I did play NFL (ESPN) 2k4 at E3 and they did tone up the gfx alot...I didn't get to play long enough to notice any severe flaws, but I did like it that when I made a pass and was hit right away, I didn't always drop it like in 2k3.

Robflare
06-19-2003, 12:51 PM
Hey my aplogies for the Bears comment. I actually tried to take it out....I thought it was a little obnoxious on my side. With Fever, when I played on line I ran into people going for it on 4th and 20 and making the first down. It leans towards giving up big plays vs. making you work for it--in my opinion. What I like is that the grass actually looks like grass, the players look 3 dimensional, while Sega has kind of a strange look to the players. The only thing is that the Fever guys seem kind of "jelly like".....I can't really put my finger on it. Weather effects are great on Fever, but Stadium details have been lacking. I want to like Fever and in a perfect world I think Sega and MSN should combine efforts to make one great game that would crush Madden. That would rule and it would make a ton of sense.

Dr_J
06-19-2003, 01:33 PM
EXACTLY!

That's why MS needs to beat out EA and BUY Sega!

I always thought that combining those two games, it would be a killer football game.

I haven't heard anything on MS buying out Sega.

Robflare
06-19-2003, 02:11 PM
Maybe we should email this to the big guys and get some sweet pay-out on the deal!!!! Seriously, it's kind of the same situation as having Ross Perot jump into the presedential race. Two of the three parties are weaker. Combine the advertising and creative budgets for Fever and ESPN and you will have a freaking awesome franchise capeable of stomping Madden

studepaber
06-19-2003, 02:32 PM

Now, I'm still going to rent them both, but from all the movies and screenshots I've seen, Fever seems to be a better game.

Hey Dr. J, check out this movie for NFL 2K4, graphics and gameplay may change your opinion...

www.maddenguides.com/NFL2k4.wmv

Robflare
06-19-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by studepaber

Hey Dr. J, check out this movie for NFL 2K4, graphics and gameplay may change your opinion...

www.maddenguides.com/NFL2k4.wmv

Holy Crap! Thanks studepaber. This looks great. I can't freaking wait for September!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr_J
06-19-2003, 02:59 PM
I just think Fever + 2K4 would be an awesome football game. Although, if MS were to ever buy Sega, they would probably keep the two games seperate.

I don't want EA ruining 2K4. Plus, all the other exclusive games for the XBox if MS buys out Sega.

Dr_J
06-19-2003, 03:07 PM
Although the video quality of that movie completely blows, it has promise.

I'm just gonna have to rent them both before I purchase them. Bad news for 2K4 is that it's delayed until Sept. Fever is out in Aug. I migh just buy them both. Or better yet, hopefully OXM will have a demo for both!

studepaber
06-19-2003, 03:49 PM
Dr. J - Yea I know the quality sucks, but the presentation of the game and other stuff that happens (besides the actual football game) is crazy!---like Garcia going nuts on the sideline--- I may have to rent Fever when it's released but I would hope it's better than last year's Fever (seemed almost identical to 2001 Fever but with Live).

Rob - glad you liked the video :)

Robflare
06-19-2003, 03:59 PM
That's a great Gamer Tag....Poopy Pants is hilarious.

DZNUTZ
06-20-2003, 01:08 PM
:rolleyes:

ya'll just pop warner kids...do yourself a favor and don't step to me on live when seagas next title comes out..i will crush you.

and u can bet on that.
in fact..if any of you think u can even hand on 2k3...man up and issue a challenge.

www.thedirtydozenclan.com

Anthony4sho
07-03-2003, 07:32 PM
I say F all da otha teams.......Miami has the number one D. Miami Has the numba one team. And all I kno is that i'm gonna run 2k4 with miami.

Anthony4sho
07-03-2003, 07:43 PM
yo juss checked out da video posted earlier.............can't ****in wait. Cuts looked alot crisper, though it was hard to tell cuz of the quality, graphics looked a helluva alot better, players looked so real, gameplay alot faster, play-calling mode similar to maddens. And u can challenge the play now!!!!!!!! **** yea, that game is gonna be off da hook.

SkoalMint
07-04-2003, 07:39 AM
The delay of 2K4 does suck for Sega, because I think most people will have already decided to buy either Madden or Fever. I do think though that if Fever can even get close to 2K4, alot of people will buy it just for the XSN capabilities. However, regardless of which game most of us decide to go with, I only have three word for all of you:

FEAR THE TEXANS!!!

That includes you too DZ.

:cheers:

DZNUTZ
07-07-2003, 03:25 PM
LOL...what u gonna do gramps...try and our run woodson or buchanon on your rascal ?!?!?! :rofl:

u know what they say about what comes from texas.....and i don't see any horns. :rofl:

Rooster
07-07-2003, 04:39 PM
Okay I did not like the delay, but I also knew that a ton of poilsh was being done to the game by all the previews and first impression columns I have read. I was surfing around today and found out that ESPN Football will have a first person mode!!! Not many details except that it should include the qb and other positons. This is the final touch that separates 2k4, sorry have to call it that it just sounds better, from all the other games. Even Madden will not have this, though I am sure they will copy it somehow. I have been waiting for a long time for someone to put this in a game and of course Sega put it in. With the level of realism that has been put into the past versions of this game this should be a blast to play. As a whole I think that Madden still has the edge because of the amount of extras, but gameplay wise ESPN Football should win. I know they have added different modes, improved and fixed bugs and of course vastly improved the ESPN presence on the game. Overall this is goingot be a challenging, but great game. I think it may even rank up there as a top 2 or 3 of all time when it is said and done. I can not wait until Septmember comes, I am prebooking this game now just because of First person Mode!!!

Robflare
07-07-2003, 04:49 PM
They should have worked on revamping player bodies and bump mapping helmets vs. adding another view. It seems a little on the gimick side. I love 2k3, but think that those areas need the work vs. adding a different view. That's just my opinion. I buy 2k3 for the Live capability and realistic way it plays and can't see myself playing that many solo games in first person. Don't get me wrong, it looks cool, but I think they could have focused more on giving it a polished look.

mattgame
07-10-2003, 08:26 AM
Madden forever!!! F 2K4 it was never that damn good in the first place. It's gonna be Madden and Fever with a dose of NCAA 2004. Has everyone forgot custom soundtracks for Madden!! Holla!!:cuss:

CharlieHustle
07-13-2003, 10:15 PM
i seriously doubt that madden will allow custom soundtracks in their game. Considerin that they spend grands to have the rights for the soundtracks thats in there that would be stupid for them to allow us users to put our own in ther. Im hoppin on the 2k4 wagon this year. for the price that i pay for live, ALL SPORTS GAMES(except for ncaa football 2004) will have to be online enable.

GRAVEDIGGER
07-13-2003, 11:06 PM
Hmm...another Madden Fanatic i see, well then...i suppose you'll comtinue to remind is how great madden is and how everything else simply sucks?...Sad.

Anyways...for the record i hope this "new" 2K4 does well, i for one will definitly pick it up. Hopefully there are some very good improvements and additional features in this verson..and not just all talk and no walk like most games.

Untill next time...

Robflare
07-14-2003, 04:26 PM
Team XBOX has the latest screens and a movie, and I'm just not that sold. The players helmets/uniforms look like they have the same flat textures and the grass looks crappy again. First person footage looks more annoying than anything. Do they bother using test-groups of actual hard core video gamers??????? I love the fact that these guys try new things each year, but they really need to focus on getting the basics right first.

It kind of reminds me of the Sam Wyche days in Tampa Bay where he would try trick plays to throw off the other teams, when they couldn't even run a simple draw play effectively.

mattgame
07-21-2003, 09:12 AM
When a game relies on a gimmick to advance sales, well how sad is that? Madden did not review well last year beaten out by 2k3. Nonetheless, Madden out sold 2k3. What does that mean you ask? It means that the masses can't be wrong all of the time. Madden is better. Madden is the closest thing to a football sim out there. Take it from someone who actually played the game in the real world. EA jerked us on the online component sure but Fever is out there for those who need that experience.