PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge Interview!

Brevity
06-05-2003, 05:30 PM
GD: What's been the most memorable moment so far working on this project?

JD: The most memorable moments for me were at E3 when people started playing it and raving about how much fun they were having. To me that kind of customer response is what it is all about.

GD: On a scale of stupid to stupendous, how much fun is Xbox Live play going to be with Crimson Skies?

JD: The Live play will be stupendous. We showed it at E3 and we had people who just wouldn't leave our booth. It is really a lot of fun to dogfight with other people, especially if you've mastered special moves.

GD: What gameplay mode(s) are likely to be the most compelling in Live?

JD: The Live experience will accommodate up to 16 players at once. All six modes are a lot of fun, and all 11 planes have their own special style of play. The experience is really addicting. We test them out here at FASA Studios and have a hard time breaking away to get back to work.

GD: What kind of upgrades are available for your aircrafts and how will they be handled in multiplayer?

JD: Each aircraft will have an upgraded version. These upgrades will be obtained by searching out upgrade "tokens" in the environment and then spending the money to unlock the new plane they have revealed to you. In multiplayer, these will take the form of a plane that you can find and steal.

Source (http://www.gamesdomain.com/articles/1457.html)
http://www.gamesdomain.com/articles/crimsonskies_01.jpg
http://www.gamesdomain.com/articles/crimsonskies_15.jpg
http://www.gamesdomain.com/articles/crimsonskies_05.jpg
http://www.gamesdomain.com/articles/crimsonskies_04.jpg
http://www.gamesdomain.com/articles/crimsonskies_07.jpg

carlbme
06-05-2003, 05:33 PM
:cuss:

ARG!!!

Yet another game that just begs me to spend my money on it!!

Ohh....and pretty water...:cool:

LynxFX
06-05-2003, 05:58 PM
This was THE best playable game at E3 this year. Their booth was definately active and yes it was hard to find an opening to actually go in and play. Think of GTA3 but with planes. The world is completely open and you can do anything you want. Just shoot down random planes if you want, or go find missions to do.

This is a must buy for any Xbox owner. :D

Knight
06-05-2003, 06:05 PM
I need more $$$. I don't have money for all the good games.

I'm going to kick all of your butts in this game as soon as it comes out.

Knight
06-05-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
This was THE best playable game at E3 this year. Their booth was definately active and yes it was hard to find an opening to actually go in and play. Think of GTA3 but with planes. The world is completely open and you can do anything you want. Just shoot down random planes if you want, or go find missions to do.

Are you going to write us a preview?

Brevity
06-06-2003, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA

WOW, I read a preview a while back and they said it was not a really long game, and he felt it was more mission/level based, glad to here something dif from you. Thanks

Kraft
06-06-2003, 09:12 AM
JD: The Live play will be stupendous. We showed it at E3 and we had people who just wouldn't leave our booth. It is really a lot of fun to dogfight with other people, especially if you've mastered special moves.

People that wouldn't leave the booth = me.

As far as the open world / mission base thing, this game hits both. You can fly around the world and find missions to do as you go, but that doesn't mean you have to take them. The multiplayer is where this game shines though, as I was having a blast! I CANNOT wait until this game comes out... this is going to be my new live favorite.

RudedogX
06-06-2003, 09:17 AM
Hehe, I didn't even play the single player aspect when I was at E3! I was just hooked on the dogfights in Multiplayer. That and trying to decide which plane was better to get shot down in!:eek:

studepaber
06-06-2003, 10:11 AM
Lynx, Rudedog, Kraft-

This game doesn't draw any comparisons in any way shape or form Bloodwake does it? (ugh, I hope not!) Also how many players will multi allow online?

Knight
06-06-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA

People that wouldn't leave the booth = me.

As far as the open world / mission base thing, this game hits both. You can fly around the world and find missions to do as you go, but that doesn't mean you have to take them. The multiplayer is where this game shines though, as I was having a blast! I CANNOT wait until this game comes out... this is going to be my new live favorite.

Do you got a preview for us? Tell us about the aircraft you can fly. Do they have more then one size of gun, like a 20 mm guns, .50 cal guns, Cannons? What about bombs? 500Ib bombs?

Kraft
06-06-2003, 11:18 AM
As for a preview, I suppose I could write something up. We played a pretty stripped down demo though. There were 3 planes offered, all prop driven and each with a cannon and missles. It's arcadey due to the fact you have unlimited ammo, but that might just be the demo. Online dogfights will be 16 players. The planes are completely ficticious and I didn't see any realistic (by realistic I mean recognizable) planes flying. Regardless though, with a high combat ceiling (probably around a virtual 4,000 feet which is a good section of air to dogfight in) and full control of all the planes functions (pitch, yaw, roll) it was tons of fun to fly!

VeNoMiZA
06-06-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
As for a preview, I suppose I could write something up. We played a pretty stripped down demo though. There were 3 planes offered, all prop driven and each with a cannon and missles. It's arcadey due to the fact you have unlimited ammo, but that might just be the demo. Online dogfights will be 16 players. The planes are completely ficticious and I didn't see any realistic (by realistic I mean recognizable) planes flying. Regardless though, with a high combat ceiling (probably around a virtual 4,000 feet which is a good section of air to dogfight in) and full control of all the planes functions (pitch, yaw, roll) it was tons of fun to fly! hah that sounds good. this is coming to my librabry when its released.

SkoalMint
06-06-2003, 02:11 PM
Why the heck was I under the impression that they had taken out the XBL support???? :confused:

Oh well, good to hear it's still in. :)

RudedogX
06-06-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by SkoalMint
Why the heck was I under the impression that they had taken out the XBL support????
You still back in last week?:yikes:

LynxFX
06-06-2003, 02:28 PM
Yeah I don't think we got enough information to do a real solid preview.

I didn't do any of the multiplayer combat, so I just flew around and blew up some random planes. It is great seeing the people bail out just as it explodes and then parachute down. You can go and try to shoot them too. :evilgrin:

The planes we got to fly are what show up in the screenshots. There is also a little dingy helicopter that you can pick up. That's another thing, you can land your plane and switch to another I believe at anytime. At least in single player.

One mission I tried was that I had to stop all these boats from delivering something. Then I had to go around and destroy all of those terruts(sp). It was pretty fun, and enemy planes kept showing up, but I also got help from allied planes which I accidently shot down a couple times. :D

The planes also have a very cool barrel roll or loop-de-loop maneuvers. You press one button and pull the joystick any direction and you do one of those special moves. Will be awesome in multiplayer dogfights.

The guns also differ from plane to plane. I don't know if you can upgrade or not, but I don't see why they wouldn't put that feature in there.

And no this game doesn't even compare with Bloodwake, while I still think it was a decent game. But this has much broader appeal, better gameplay, excellent graphics, and of course LIVE.

So I guess that is a mini preview. :) Add in the multiplayer stuff Kraft said.

Kraft
06-06-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by SkoalMint
Why the heck was I under the impression that they had taken out the XBL support???? :confused:

Oh well, good to hear it's still in. :)

Back in october or so they said they were taking out live support, then changed their minds in january. It is definately going to be live enabled though.