PDA

View Full Version : I got Brute Force for free!!! Must Read!



E Nomini Patri
06-05-2003, 08:09 PM
OK, I had a friend over the other night and he's like, "I want to play Brute Force!" So I say sure, I'll take back Wolfenstein to Wal-Mart cause I have my receipt, and trade it for Brute Force, then buy Wolfenstein again when I save up enough cash. So, we go to Wal-Mart, and I try to trade my used copy of Wolfenstein, but they say I can only exchange for the same game, and ask me what's wrong with my current copy. I say it used to work, but I keep getting errors and stuff, so they say, ok, go grab the game and bring it back to the desk. So I go and get a brand new, sealed copy of Wolfenstein, and go back to the desk. The old lady asks me for my receipt so she can mark it, while I set the game on the counter for her to look at etc.

Well, she hands me my receipt back, and then hands me 53.77$ in cash. I'm like..."OK..." and start to walk off, but she says, here's your game, so I grab it, and my friend and I rush out before the lady can realize she just gave me money and the game! We get out to his car, and I tell him to go back in and get Brute Force for me cause I can afford it lol. So he goes in and buys it, and then we go to my place and play it!

Just thought you should know how Wal-Mart employees can act smart, but be dumb. Thanks for the free game Wal-Mart! :)

BTW, the game kicks ass, but I haven't played it enough to rate it or anything.

ScorpionX
06-05-2003, 08:11 PM
Wow that was lucky :watchout:

MerimacHamwich
06-05-2003, 09:26 PM
BASTAGE! I wish I had the money to get recent games. I am just a jobless college student at the moment. Scrimping off of loan money. :(

Oh well, I should have a job soon.

VenoM
06-05-2003, 09:27 PM
yea..walmart is dumb....its the best place to do item tricks.....i'll be getting brute force free as well :) i won splinter cell from xba and when it gets here i'll just head over to walmart and ask for an exchange of game since it'll be sealed and its still worth 50 at walmart :D i'll be getting a new TV soon doing this as well.....i'll buy 4 games at 10-15 dollars that are worth 50 each at walmart....its a great place ;)

sabca
06-05-2003, 10:18 PM
hahaha, that's awesome dude. I love it when stuff like that happens to me :)


:cheers:

Shadow20002
06-05-2003, 10:22 PM
Hey, you must buy 6/49, maybe you are in real lucky !!!

Pss...If you win, remember me !!

BigJosh359
06-06-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan
OK, I had a friend over the other night and he's like, "I want to play Brute Force!" So I say sure, I'll take back Wolfenstein to Wal-Mart cause I have my receipt, and trade it for Brute Force, then buy Wolfenstein again when I save up enough cash. So, we go to Wal-Mart, and I try to trade my used copy of Wolfenstein, but they say I can only exchange for the same game, and ask me what's wrong with my current copy. I say it used to work, but I keep getting errors and stuff, so they say, ok, go grab the game and bring it back to the desk. So I go and get a brand new, sealed copy of Wolfenstein, and go back to the desk. The old lady asks me for my receipt so she can mark it, while I set the game on the counter for her to look at etc.

Well, she hands me my receipt back, and then hands me 53.77$ in cash. I'm like..."OK..." and start to walk off, but she says, here's your game, so I grab it, and my friend and I rush out before the lady can realize she just gave me money and the game! We get out to his car, and I tell him to go back in and get Brute Force for me cause I can afford it lol. So he goes in and buys it, and then we go to my place and play it!

Just thought you should know how Wal-Mart employees can act smart, but be dumb. Thanks for the free game Wal-Mart! :)

BTW, the game kicks ass, but I haven't played it enough to rate it or anything.


/me sends this post to Wal-Mart security..... ;)

If they are that stupid, then enjoy your game and I hope your conscience is free and clear of guilt.

SPARTAN VI
06-06-2003, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Josh-XBA



/me sends this post to Wal-Mart security..... ;)

If they are that stupid, then enjoy your game and I hope your conscience is free and clear of guilt.

*loathes Josh for using the "/me" command, begins planning the theft of the "/me" command*

Mug Josh... steal compu....mwahahah....

l Maximus l
06-06-2003, 01:55 AM
Nicely done, buddy... It just goes to show why Walmart Employees only make $3 an hour :cheers:

BigJosh359
06-06-2003, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by SPARTAN VI


*loathes Josh for using the "/me" command, begins planning the theft of the "/me" command*

Mug Josh... steal compu....mwahahah....

OH BILLY!!! You gonna get it now! No one touches "The PC". NO ONE!!! Time to chop some hands off!!!!!! :)

Reclaimer
06-06-2003, 04:20 AM
Wow, that was cool. Stuff like that never happens to me.

Smartparts
06-06-2003, 08:17 AM
Last summer we decided to go to the Outer Banks w/ my parents and my wife's parents and booked a rental house through SeaSide Realty. They required something like 50% when you book and 50% 30 days before your arrival date. We book and send a check for 50%. Thirty days before, we send another check and the company calls and asks what we want done w/ the check. We're like,"Apply it against our rental" Duh! They proceed to tell us that we're paid in full via a Visa w/ our names on it and told us the expiration as well (but not the account #). We have a Discover & Mastercard, but no Visa. We checked w/ the others going (just in case), but none of them paid it either. We tell them that we did not pay it and don't have any Visa cards. They tell us that's fine, but it's paid and they won't come back to us because it's paid in full. So, we got the rental for 50% and saved $700!

Tim
06-06-2003, 10:04 AM
One time at band camp...

J/K:D I couldn't resist!

blonks
06-06-2003, 04:13 PM
hey would this work?

trade in a used game and say it doesnt work...so they give you a new sealed copy...then you take the sealed copy to a different store....(same store just different location) and say i want to trade this in...and you get a different game for it!

HALO2
06-06-2003, 04:25 PM
:D W0W y0u are very lucky. :argue1: :cuss:

Flood
06-06-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by blinx
hey would this work?

trade in a used game and say it doesnt work...so they give you a new sealed copy...then you take the sealed copy to a different store....(same store just different location) and say i want to trade this in...and you get a different game for it!

9 times out of 10 it will work....but if the game looks real beat up they wont do it.

Ford Mustang
06-06-2003, 06:26 PM
Yes, that will work at Wal-Mart

I used that on Real War: Rogue States and Project Gotham...Then I bought PGR for $20 USD like a month after....lol

E Nomini Patri
06-06-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Josh-XBA

If they are that stupid, then enjoy your game and I hope your conscience is free and clear of guilt.

If I have a guilty conscience from that, I shouldn't be playing video games ;)

Cybiker
06-06-2003, 09:42 PM
Well..i guess CompUSA Employee's are worse than Walmart employees...at least in my area...I go there to get some hardware for my pc..i get a soundcard...and a few other things...then i ask my dad if i can ge this altec lansing speaker set for like $100...he was like "It's your money.." so i grabbed it...well...my dad had a few things for business...so he checked those out..paid..then I put up my sound card...and i had been carrying the speaker box for a long time so i decided to put it on the counter...well the stupid cashier deactivated the security mechanism on the sound card..but since I put the speaker box up at the perfect time...she took the speakers...deactivated them...rung up the speakers..put the sound card in the bag...put a sticker on the speakers...and totally forgot to ring up the sound card...so me and my dad bolted out of that parking lot..hehe...Sound Blaster MP3+...$100...for free :D :p ..so i pretty much say i got my speakers for nuttin..:cheers:

Dream Theater
06-07-2003, 05:58 AM
A similar thing happened to me at WaL-MART. I returned a game and I could only get the same one. It was Bruce Lee(pppppeeeeeeuuuuu). I went back and got my game (the same game) and they forgot to take it out of the package so, a half hour later after lunch I went back and said I bought the game from there but had no receipt. They gave me the money cause they carried the same product. I also
Swapped a Dreamcast that was bought from Kmart that my bro dumped a coke on. It didn't even have a game inside like it was supposed to but wal-mart took it anyways.

StudioAlex
06-07-2003, 12:40 PM
I couldn't have accepted the game and money and felt good about myself.

Don't forget that what you did was theft. Whether you feel good or bad about it is up to you, but don't act like it's not what it is.

Drunken_Thug
06-07-2003, 01:00 PM
I wish the staff in England were that stupid, I'd never be that lucky.

TegSkywalker
06-07-2003, 01:06 PM
Note to the original poster: What you did is an uncalled for act of theft. You do realize that if you get caught, there are severe punishments for your actions? Second of all, why are there people on this board supporting his illegal decision?

But I am guessing you are under the age of 18 so all you will get is your parents involved and a slap on the wrist for being a minor.

If you were 18 and above, expect some consequences for your actions. I am guessing you haven't experienced the hardships of the real world and of course haven't experienced your freedom being taken away for being jailed over something stupid as video game theft.

Idiot. :watchout:

bigbcstunna
06-07-2003, 03:31 PM
thtas sweet if anyone else wants to do that all you have to do is take it back get the sealed game and take it back to another walmart and say u lost the reciet and u want urmoney back works for me all the time.:D

Pink Raider
06-07-2003, 03:54 PM
If you pay for the original game, then go back to get your money's worth by returning your game then there's no deal. Half of you in here think you have "scored" in some way, but unless your mommy bought the game in the first place, you didn't.

That's pretty sweet. Dumb old lady!!

:cheers:

Drunken_Thug
06-07-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by TegSkywalker
Note to the original poster: What you did is an uncalled for act of theft. You do realize that if you get caught, there are severe punishments for your actions? Second of all, why are there people on this board supporting his illegal decision?

But I am guessing you are under the age of 18 so all you will get is your parents involved and a slap on the wrist for being a minor.

If you were 18 and above, expect some consequences for your actions. I am guessing you haven't experienced the hardships of the real world and of course haven't experienced your freedom being taken away for being jailed over something stupid as video game theft.

Idiot. :watchout:

I'm guessing you've never downloaded anything illigal then? Software, Music, films etc? You've never done drugs (weed or anything) ? And I'm guessing you never had a beer underage? ....

kornavs19
06-07-2003, 09:11 PM
Nice..If i ever wanna return something i say i got it as a gift...