PDA

View Full Version : Knights of the Old Republic Vs. Pirates of the Carribean

SlightlySycho
06-07-2003, 09:51 PM
Which one of these games are going to be better? :watchout: They're both expansive free-form RPGs. Personally, I think I'm more excited about Pirates. It's being developed by the same people who made Morrowind, and I'm still playing that game a year later. However, I don't really know much about KOTOR. I think both games are going to be really good in the long run, though.

thrAsher
06-07-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by SlightlySycho
Which one of these games are going to be better? :watchout: They're both expansive free-form RPGs. Personally, I think I'm more excited about Pirates. It's being developed by the same people who made Morrowind, and I'm still playing that game a year later. However, I don't really know much about KOTOR. I think both games are going to be really good in the long run, though.

Star Wars: KotOR is going to kick big booty. forget being a silly pirate...you can roleplay a JEDI! and BioWare is behind it.

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/swkotor/

you tell me, what sounds better? :yikes:

jids_44875
06-08-2003, 12:54 AM
POTC Xbox Game Facts

-------------------------------------

-Huge open-ended game world That lets you experience life as a pirate in any way you see fit.

-Hundreds of side quests that will be dropped in your path.

-You can be a peaceful sea merchant.

-You can slaughter everyone you see,just like a real pirate.

-You can become a mercenary for hire.

-Inspired by the Pirates of the Caribbean movie

-A true role-playing game set on land and sea during the heyday of pirates

-Hire officers to improve your skills, accompany you while exploring on land, and even fight with you.

-Explore entire towns and islands, including jungles, caves, and smuggler’s dens

-Intense and exciting naval battles

-Thrilling sword and pistol duels in towns and during ship-to-ship boarding

-Outstanding graphics and 3D effects

-Realistic wind and weather effects, including storms and even waterspouts

-Behavior and choices affect the course of the game.

-Pillage smaller ships and find treasures so that you can get yourself a bigger ship and better crew.

-The game takes place in the past, offering a European archipelago as the setting and islands representing
France, England, Spain, Portugal, and the Netherlands.

-Random quest generator that opens up side quests to the player based on their skills, statistics and allegiances.

-The game is divided between the land and the sea 50/50 .

-Players will encounter various organizations and guilds with which they can interact.

-You can have up to 300 crew members.

-There is illegal activities such as smuggling contraband.

-On land you are free to roam about the various shops and taverns, and you are able to have interactive dialogue between
the characters you meet.

-You can steal stuff at sea and on land.

-Game will include eight islands, 12 cities and as many stops along the way as you wish.

-Random attacks on villagers will affect your reputation in town, as you’d expect from an RPG.

-You can even buy the loyalty of other captains and create a small armada (up to 4 ships) with which to flex your piratical muscle.

-All combat is in real time.

-Just as fun and addictive as Morrowind.

-POTC has advanced AI and incredibly detailed characters.

http://pirates.bethsoft.com

Plus it will be out in nine days:cheers:. EBgames = Ships on 06/17/2003 (http://ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf%5Fid=229041)