PDA

View Full Version : Spades...Online?

AlBoogy
06-08-2003, 12:36 PM
I was playing Spades on Yahoo today and I started thinking, how awesome would it be to be playing this over Xbox Live? They could have so many different games like chess,checkers, spades, pool, etc... Yahoo has thousands playing these a day. I think it would be a sure hit. Would you guys be interested in playing games like that over Live?

canadianboi3
06-08-2003, 12:58 PM
Well, if it game included with the Live kit, I would be all for it as it would be a good quick time killer. But if I had to buy it, I would pass. I think they already have a pool game on Live. Virtua Pool or something.:confused:

Kraft
06-08-2003, 01:27 PM
I forget where I read about it but the Japanese live kit comes with stuff like TaiPei or Mahjohng or whatever they call it (with the little blocks) and a few other smaller games like that. I don't think it would be too much of a stretch, as I wouldn't mind being able to play a game of scrabble or something against someone online now and then either.

Dre
06-08-2003, 02:09 PM
I've thought the exact same thing many times. A 20$ title with nothing too flashy but you could play on XBL and it would be a whole bunch of card, board and dice games. Give it some custom soundtrack support and you've got a great time killa. The headset could be cool too in card games where you usually have a partner.

VenoM
06-08-2003, 03:47 PM
i would love to play monopoly or dominoes on xbl or any other card/board games...i for sure would buy it...its shame theres a monopoly game on xbox but without xbl play :( instead of making fps's they should really think about bringing something like this since not everyone likes fps's not talking about myself since i love them :) but it would maybe bring more people on live especially the older folks that like to slam a domino on a table :D

AlBoogy
06-09-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by VenoM
i would love to play monopoly or dominoes on xbl or any other card/board games...i for sure would buy it...its shame theres a monopoly game on xbox but without xbl play :( instead of making fps's they should really think about bringing something like this since not everyone likes fps's not talking about myself since i love them :) but it would maybe bring more people on live especially the older folks that like to slam a domino on a table :D

Exactly. Maybe its wishful thinking but maybe the more we show a game like this could actually be successful, the bigger the possibility of someone taking note.

chunk83
06-09-2003, 08:36 PM
I think your idea is great, though I'd like to see a fully 3d arcade atmosphere on live of course, set in the late 80's, early 90's. You could play pool against real people, cards, and challenge people, or play together on classic arcade games such as street fighter II, mortal kombat, outrun, etc... I think it would own beyond belief.

Kraft
06-09-2003, 08:38 PM
Wow... mortal kombat 2 online... now that would rock.

LynxFX
06-09-2003, 09:34 PM
I recall reading that MS was planning on releasing a Live package with most of the games you mentioned above, spades, hearts, checkers, chess etc. That was a market that they wanted to capture. What has happened since, who knows.

AlBoogy
06-09-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
I recall reading that MS was planning on releasing a Live package with most of the games you mentioned above, spades, hearts, checkers, chess etc. That was a market that they wanted to capture. What has happened since, who knows.

Yeah, they just probably threw that out there to see what kind of reaction they would get. Ill believe it when I see it.

shrew king
06-10-2003, 01:53 AM
I think it should be a 5 dollar download. I wouldn't think it'd be all that hard to do and since it would only be a bunch of card games it wouldn't be deserving of a 20 dollar price tag. I'd love playing Spades with some people online, I love that game.