PDA

View Full Version : Can you copy downloadable content?

TrOjAn MaN
06-09-2003, 11:17 AM
Like if you dont have xbox live, can you copy downloaded maps from a friend who has it in xbox memory? Why cant any tunnel programs allow you to download stuff? If it could that would be awsome....thx in advance!

:cheers:

Shadow20002
06-09-2003, 12:49 PM
I don't know if this will work when you copy a map or anything stuffs to your memory card, just because i don't know if there are enough space in the card. Have anyone try this before ? :D

LTM360
06-09-2003, 01:14 PM
Yeah, me and a friend of mine tried to do this, but when I clicked the Mech to copy, the copy button wasn't even available. MS must have disabled the copy feature on downloaded content. IMO smart move.

Casper
06-09-2003, 01:18 PM
No, you can't, but in next months OXM, you will get some of the XBL DLC like Splinter Cell (Kola Cell level), Run Like Hell (2 new characters and a new level), Toe Jam & Earl III (2 new levels) and MX Superfly (9 new riders and 2 new tracks).

This will be the only way non-XBL players will be able to get them, as they are not selectable on the dash to be copied.

reviii3
06-09-2003, 04:07 PM
The only way that I know of is using Action Replay. THis works for saved games but not sure if it works on downloaded content. There is also a lot of adapters out there now that will allow you do save things in various ways,

The controler ports on the XBOX are actually USB ports with a propriatary plug, there are many manufactuers out there that now sell the XBOX controler plug with a female USB on the other end. I plan on ordering one because I have read where someone pluged in an IOMEGA ZIP drive and is able to save to it and take the ZIP disk to his friends that have the same setup and share.

Rev

Shadow20002
06-09-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by casper
No, you can't, but in next months OXM, you will get some of the XBL DLC like Splinter Cell (Kola Cell level), Run Like Hell (2 new characters and a new level), Toe Jam & Earl III (2 new levels) and MX Superfly (9 new riders and 2 new tracks).

This will be the only way non-XBL players will be able to get them, as they are not selectable on the dash to be copied.

Cool to hear that you know. But what about Mechassaulth ?? :watchout:

Dre
06-10-2003, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Shadow20002

Cool to hear that you know. But what about Mechassaulth ?? :watchout:

If they don't have it next month, they will eventually. That and the UC maps and stuff will probably all be on OXM discs in the future at some point in time.

LTM360
06-10-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Dre

If they don't have it next month, they will eventually. That and the UC maps and stuff will probably all be on OXM discs in the future at some point in time.

Downloadable content was almost the very reason I wanted Xbox Live, dont tell me they are gonna have it on OXM disk at some point or another....

mrmp3
06-10-2003, 04:15 PM
This right here is the TRUE Conn Smythe Trophy winner.

Sry for being OT but no doubt J.S. Giguere deserved it more than Brodeur. It's awarded to who was the most valuable throughout the ENTIRE playoffs not just the Stanley Cup Finals. Giggy carried that team on his back to the Stanley Cup Finals. Brodeur, although had a great playoff run, had a ton of offensive help and defensive. As for content, I feel this is OXM's excuse for not having a good demo to put on the disc. I'm glad my subcription is finally ending OXM. Paying extra for a demo disc that offers mostly games that are out or games that aren't out you really have no interest (except that ONE disc where they had Panzer Dragoon Orta and Splinter Cell approx. a month before Splinter Cell came out and a couple months before Panzer I think). And Mechassault DL content I don't think was mentioned for next month in this month's issue.

P.S. Metallica new album (though sounds a lot different than traditional Metallica) ruLeZ!!!

Signing off...