PDA

View Full Version : sof ?!?!?!

diranged
06-09-2003, 03:25 PM
i was at eb the other day i reserved a copy of sof for xbox, i dont really know allot about the game all i know is i can blow peoples limbs off.so does anyone have any good info on the game.:watchout:

thanx:cheers:

Variation-XBA
06-09-2003, 05:00 PM
Heh, then why'd you preorder it? ;)

Its not bad, pretty good, i'll give it a whirl eventually, specially if its on LIVE.

DZNUTZ
06-09-2003, 05:31 PM
it is on live..only up to 12 players tho.
but yea..i heard its pretty gorey..so..that'll probably ensure it'll get bought.

MixMasta
06-09-2003, 06:48 PM
the first one is pretty good, maybe u could find a demo of it(the pc version) somewhere....or maybe u kazaa nevermind...

Shadow20002
06-09-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by MixMasta
the first one is pretty good, maybe u could find a demo of it(the pc version) somewhere....or maybe u kazaa nevermind...

Kazaa ? Hmm...try to search in it. Anyway, SOF 2 is really another definition of LIVE just near Return To Castle Wolfenstein. OXM give it a Editor's Choice Award which mean a very good title to own. :p

Arven
06-10-2003, 07:24 PM
Yeah, OXM reviewed it last issue. They gave it 8.5. I'll paraphrase: single-player is mediocre, multiplayer/Live is excellent. Sounds like it'll be a good title for Live, but a pass just for single-player.

xboxman_1
06-10-2003, 10:59 PM
They said the graphics sucked nuts though, which doesnt make sense. The PC game isbeautiful.

Stormlord
06-11-2003, 07:53 AM
Yeah it looked pretty impressive for a Quake 3 engined game. I'd say the single-player is good but you won't want to play it again. The multiplayer (on PC) is awesome. PLus the Xbox version is said to bring the random mission generator as well. So that means lots of single-player and multiplayer replay. :cheers: :D :cool:

Casper
06-11-2003, 08:33 AM
I will be shooting off legs and arms of fellow XBA members...let's get it on. This is still coming out next Tuesday, correct?

Brevity
06-11-2003, 11:19 AM
Comes out the 16th,
Only 10 players
OXM should have a Demo of it next month.

Edit:
Read this
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/422/422346p1.html and look at the vids and pics. Its a online hands on preview.

SOF2 has plenty going for it and we can't understate the amount of depth you're getting with the game. Twenty multiplayer maps with more on the way through downloading should keep things interesting. The rag-doll physics and pinpoint body damage are all toned-down a bit in multiplayer games just like we saw in the PC version of Soldier of Fortune II. So, we couldn't quite enjoy splitting the wigs of hapless game journalists but real players always know when they're dominating.