PDA

View Full Version : Clan Webpage

bretman1234
06-09-2003, 08:58 PM
Hey guys I was just wondering what is the best and cheapest way to make a good webpage for my clan. We already have a webpage, but its pretty boring and I was planning on refurbishing it. I know a bunch of you are in clans, so can u give me some pointers on making a webpage?

Kraft
06-09-2003, 11:30 PM
Learn HTML, PHP and make some killer graphics.

Cryogenic Pyro
06-09-2003, 11:58 PM
I agree with you on the HTML part, but PHP isn't essential. It's a good thing, and I'm going to learn it pretty soon, but to make a functional clan web-page, all you need are killer graphics and advanced HTML knowledge.

The way I learned HTML was from looking at source code of other pages, and now I'm almost an HTML guru. Teaching yourself is a good thing for easy code such as HTML.

A good free image editing program is The GIMP (http://www.gimp.org). It's the best free image editing program, or in this case, "image manipulation" program I've ever used. Try it out. It may seem weird to use though, but that's because it was intended for unix, and from what it seems that code was ripped into windows format without any extra coding to make it more functional on that platform. Not quite sure on that part though.

Hitman101
06-10-2003, 09:04 PM
MY CLAN USES THE BEST CLAN WEBSITE SERVICE EVER !!!

Which is........ Fragism.com

FREE 20m CLAN SITE !!!
FREE FORUMS !!!!!
SIMPLE AS 1,2,3 !!!

bretman1234
06-10-2003, 09:11 PM
Thanks hitman101, i think ill try that!

En7gMa
06-11-2003, 09:40 PM
Also, make the design appealing, and stay off the flash...Flash sites tend to be updated less often, and are a pain to load for 56kers...

Kraft
06-11-2003, 11:21 PM
I only say php because most people who make websites like that now use premade php programs. PHP is good to know if you want to tweak the way the site looks or works.

En7gMa
06-12-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
I only say php because most people who make websites like that now use premade php programs. PHP is good to know if you want to tweak the way the site looks or works.

PHP is also usually needed if you want to add a news prog like Newspro, Cutenews, or Xnews to your page...