PDA

View Full Version : Soldier of fortune 2

sojourner
06-11-2003, 05:32 AM
I really need to know if this game will be just another 100 mph shooting fest. RTCW was a real letdown for me personaly because of the style of play. I play recon mostly and RTCW was ok for the first 5mins then it descended into a riot. I hope SOF2 is more tactical and less claustrophobic as in RTCW. I need some info on this before buying please post some thoughts!:cheers:

Variation-XBA
06-11-2003, 02:27 PM
From the pc versoin, it was average... not slow like GR, or fast like UC. Bit of a mix of stealth/shooting. Try the pc demo if ya can first.

sojourner
06-12-2003, 11:15 AM
:cheers: for the reply.:)

Diddy
06-13-2003, 04:02 PM
If you enjoy Ghost, which i dont, you wont like SOF2.

Variation-XBA
06-14-2003, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Diddy
If you enjoy Ghost, which i dont, you wont like SOF2.

I hated GR, but SOF/2 was decent, just didnt get into it...different styles

Arven
06-14-2003, 09:43 AM
I've heard it compared to RTCW, in terms of gameplay. Some people think it's better than RTCW. OXM sure raved about the online aspects, and so have a couple websites. I'm kind of on the fence about it, still, though. I'm worried that not many people will pick it up, and that it will be GR-hard to find matches online.

Diddy
06-14-2003, 05:57 PM
GR isnt hard to find matches at all. At least with optimatch and quick match, almost always with quickmatch, i got good games, its just that i dont like GR lol.

RTCW and SOF2 are alot alike, the GHOUL II technology featured in the game helps as well. RTCW is really fast paces, as SOF2 is. RTCW is based on WW2 and SOf2 is based on modern day warfare.

If you ask me, SOF2 is NOTHING like Ghost Recon. I really enjoyed RTCW for the PC so im getting it on XBox, i hated SOF2 in single player mode and i couldnt get online with it on the PC, i liked the game play and the all around "Feel" of SOF2 so im getting it on the XBox purely for Live play.

DeadlyShrapnel
06-20-2003, 02:46 AM
No more spam posts!!

sojourner
06-20-2003, 04:20 AM
What?:huh:

Brevity
06-20-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by DeadlyShrapnel
Sorry bout the room taken but im tyying to get 25 post to become a true member!!!!

LOL, thats the lamest thing I have ever seen. I would delet them if I was a mod here and make you earn them. Thats such a waste.:(

RudedogX
06-20-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Brevity

LOL, thats the lamest thing I have ever seen. I would delet them if I was a mod here and make you earn them. Thats such a waste.:(
If you think that's bad, check out this thread of yours...

Spam fest (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37361)

# 1 Stunner
06-20-2003, 01:15 PM
lol..thats was pretty fuinny man, if u wanna do it,do it the better way,just go into different threads and post lil answers ,u didnt have to post x6 in the same thread,..

Dyslexic Chaos
06-20-2003, 01:53 PM
Awesome game Online and off!!! Alot like SOCOM I think, W/O the bugs!!!It is actually pretty slow compared to RTCW. All the guns are well balanced and do there job well (my fav being the AK74). It was difficult finding an online game last night, but thats probably because it wasnt released most places yet. I think its definatley worth the price of admission.

Diddy
06-20-2003, 04:42 PM
Im trying to get clan matches to gether for SOF2, i HAve 5 or 66 guys with SOF 2 and I must say we are pretty sweet at the game.

Email me if you have a clan and play SOF2 we would love to play anybody.

Duke
06-20-2003, 07:17 PM
The online is actually kind of growing on me.

There's a lot to be desired, but I feel that way about all the XBL shooters so far. This one's probably not gonna be my favoite, but I'm going to keep it.

sojourner
06-20-2003, 07:39 PM
After playing this I can honestly say I'm enjoying this game. Yes it may look a bit dated but nevertheless I give it an 8.:)

Dyslexic Chaos
06-20-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Jerred B
It was difficult finding an online game last night, but thats probably because it wasnt released most places yet. I

Ok, figured out what was wrong, you have to wait like 30 seconds for the Optimatch to find matches because of the fact that it shows the server speed from the get go.

LynxFX
06-21-2003, 04:31 AM
DeadlyShrapnel,

This is your only warning reguarding this. Do NOT spam the forums to get your post count up! If you want to get your post count up, then contribute, answer questions, ask questions, join in a conversation but quit wasting XBA's bandwidth with "trying to get my post count up" posts. Capish?

SPARTAN VI
06-21-2003, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
DeadlyShrapnel,

This is your only warning reguarding this. Do NOT spam the forums to get your post count up! If you want to get your post count up, then contribute, answer questions, ask questions, join in a conversation but quit wasting XBA's bandwidth with "trying to get my post count up" posts. Capish?

Deadlyshrapnel's just sour because his XBA Chat name is Edna. :rofl:

En7gMa
06-21-2003, 10:13 AM
Im going to go over to EB today and try out SOF 2, if it fairs ok in single player, I will buy it...

Diddy
06-21-2003, 11:35 AM
Thats just it, its "OK". there are some glitches ive seen with the AI and walking. Sometimes i get stuck with i try to sidestep. But online its good. There are dogs that chase u in SP and sometimes u just see them sliding at you lmao.

En7gMa
06-21-2003, 01:56 PM
What are the online games? Co-op? Team battles like in RTCW?

I have never played this game before, and It was so, so offline...I am stil undecided if I should buy it.