PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or do all the Microsoft sports games SUCK!



TrOjAn MaN
06-12-2003, 09:14 AM
Think about it fever was hella unrealistic and awful to play, then they come out with inside pitch (absolutly awful graphics) hurts me to talk about it...and now there coming out with XSN lol this is great....

Bye bye money for MicroSoft

:cheers:

Dr_J
06-12-2003, 10:28 AM
It's just you.

Spaztic
06-12-2003, 10:32 AM
I agree it is just you!

Xbox Owner
06-12-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by TrOjAn MaN
Think about it fever was hella unrealistic and awful to play, then they come out with inside pitch (absolutly awful graphics) hurts me to talk about it...and now there coming out with XSN lol this is great....

Bye bye money for MicroSoft

:cheers:

Inside Drive ownz!

# 1 Stunner
06-12-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Xbox Owner


Inside Drive ownz! nba live is better;) :eek:

MixMasta
06-12-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by # 1 Stunner
nba live is better;) :eek:


nba street is better.....anyways, i hope nhl rivals will be good

bigbcstunna
06-12-2003, 11:52 AM
these games suck i hate all of them yea trojan lol ill be comin up l8atr today to sit on the wicker.

ARONO129
06-12-2003, 12:04 PM
It's only the second year for MS making sports games. How long has Madden been out? 14 years and still not perfect (or Live enabled). EA's NHL 2K series is far from perfect and how long has that series been out? MS has done alot in two years. Give it a chance. Fever upped the graphics ante and implemented DPP.

wweomaniac
06-12-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by ARONO129
It's only the second year for MS making sports games. How long has Madden been out? 14 years and still not perfect (or Live enabled). EA's NHL 2K series is far from perfect and how long has that series been out? MS has done alot in two years. Give it a chance. Fever upped the graphics ante and implemented DPP.

i thought microsoft had been making sports game for longer... I remember a Fever a few years before xbox came out. And I'm sure that MS came out with other ones...

the microsoft games suck because they all try to be arcade & simulation sports games. People either buy simulation games or arcade games. Why would I want Fever when I can get Blitz? Or... Why would I want Fever if I could get NFL 2k3? And this goes with all the other games. Inside Drive... Rivals will be the same too. If you're going to be extreme... be all out extreme. If you want to capture realism, make sure you keep out the extreme stuff.

EDIT:
well... it appears that Microsoft started making 3d sports games in 2000. Fever 2000, Inside Drive 2000, baseball 2000, and International Soccer 2000. So Microsoft started their football franchise the same time both Sega and EA did. Before 2000, all football games were 2-D.

DZNUTZ
06-12-2003, 12:32 PM
nba2k3 is better then both.
I commed MS sports titles for being as good as the are so early...but there not threats to sega or ea yet.

Brevity
06-12-2003, 12:33 PM
Yes, its just you.

silvertrace
06-12-2003, 12:56 PM
i agree with dz, the best bball game is nba2k3, but as far as football games, MADDEN takes the cake....

if that game went LIVE, xbox would sell more consoles/xbl starter kits

but its just a matter of preference, some people like $hitty games, thats all:watchout:

Bigwig
06-12-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by MixMasta



nba street is better.....anyways, i hope nhl rivals will be good
NBA 2k3 is better

Variation-XBA
06-12-2003, 01:52 PM
Im jumping on the bandwagon :)

Its just you...MM3 is gunna own :D

# 1 Stunner
06-12-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by MixMasta



nba street is better.....anyways, i hope nhl rivals will be good nah..2 tottaly different things..streetball and regulation basketball...cant compare the two...

MixMasta
06-12-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by # 1 Stunner
nah..2 tottaly different things..streetball and regulation basketball...cant compare the two...

i know, i just felt like saying that, cause nba street vol 2 is just a really fun game to play with your friends.....my multiplayer team owns, wallace, mcrady, and bryant!

MerimacHamwich
06-12-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac


i thought microsoft had been making sports game for longer... I remember a Fever a few years before xbox came out. And I'm sure that MS came out with other ones...

the microsoft games suck because they all try to be arcade & simulation sports games. People either buy simulation games or arcade games. Why would I want Fever when I can get Blitz? Or... Why would I want Fever if I could get NFL 2k3? And this goes with all the other games. Inside Drive... Rivals will be the same too. If you're going to be extreme... be all out extreme. If you want to capture realism, make sure you keep out the extreme stuff.

EDIT:
well... it appears that Microsoft started making 3d sports games in 2000. Fever 2000, Inside Drive 2000, baseball 2000, and International Soccer 2000. So Microsoft started their football franchise the same time both Sega and EA did. Before 2000, all football games were 2-D.
What kind of drugs have you been doing?
Nintendo 64
Sony Playstation
Do those two systems ring a bell? Were they out before 2000? Did they have 3d football games? Oh and remember how sports games are released a year previous to the season stated on the game? IE: 2000 comes out in 1999.
Nintendo 64 3d Football games before 2000:
NFL Blitz (http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?channel_id=61&object_id=2200&adtag=network%3Dign%26site%3Dn64%26genre%3Dsportsviewer%26pagetype%3Darticle&page_title=NFL+Blitz)
NFL Quarter Back Club '98 (http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?channel_id=61&object_id=1921&adtag=network%3Dign%26site%3Dn64%26genre%3Dsportsviewer%26pagetype%3Darticle&page_title=NFL+Quarterback+Club+%2798)
NFL Quarter Back Club '99 (http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?channel_id=61&object_id=3796&adtag=network%3Dign%26site%3Dn64%26genre%3Dsportsviewer%26pagetype%3Darticle&page_title=NFL+Quarterback+Club+%2799)
Madden 64 (http://ign64.ign.com/articles/152/152196p1.html)
Madden NFL '99 (http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?channel_id=61&object_id=3844&adtag=network%3Dign%26site%3Dn64%26genre%3Dsportsviewer%26pagetype%3Darticle&page_title=Madden+NFL+99)

Sony Playstation 3d football games before 2000:
NFL Blitz (http://psx.ign.com/articles/152/152285p1.html)
NFL Gameday (Released in '96!) (http://psx.ign.com/articles/150/150553p1.html)
NFL Gameday '97 (http://psx.ign.com/articles/150/150326p1.html)
NFL Gameday '98 (http://psx.ign.com/articles/152/152087p1.html)
NFL Gameday '99 (http://psx.ign.com/articles/154/154016p1.html)
NFL Quarter Back Club '97 (http://psx.ign.com/articles/150/150293p1.html)
NFL Xtreme (http://psx.ign.com/articles/153/153528p1.html)
NFL Xtreme 2 (http://psx.ign.com/articles/161/161802p1.html)

Chaotic
06-12-2003, 03:27 PM
NHL rivals is gonna kick ass :)

JADE8704
06-12-2003, 07:20 PM
well, the only aspect of this thread that i agree with is that microsoft's fever series doesn't stand a chance against segas 2k series....but you have to give microsoft credit for trying...give them time, we'll see how it works out in the end...

also, props to microsoft for starting XSN...see u online fellas!:D

thunderkiss2k1
06-12-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by TrOjAn MaN
Think about it fever was hella unrealistic and awful to play, then they come out with inside pitch (absolutly awful graphics) hurts me to talk about it...and now there coming out with XSN lol this is great....

Bye bye money for MicroSoft

:cheers:

Yes, Mr Troll, it is just you.

canadianboi3
06-12-2003, 07:50 PM
I think MS is doing an amazing job since it's only been their second year in the business. They are still not up to par with Sega, but then again Sega has had a lot more games, and experience. I think you need to some thinking Trojan.

CrazyCougar
06-12-2003, 09:51 PM
Microsoft has been making sports games for a few years now on the PC as has been said. They havent done diddly crap in making a good sports game other then making them look good. Hopefully 3rd time is a charm because XSN looks great. I realy hope Rivals kicks ass too. But for now I'll rent any MS before even considering buy it cause they are crap.

l Maximus l
06-12-2003, 10:37 PM
http://www.ileet.net/images/shutthefup.jpg

Chaotic
06-13-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar-XBA
Microsoft has been making sports games for a few years now on the PC as has been said. They havent done diddly crap in making a good sports game other then making them look good. Hopefully 3rd time is a charm because XSN looks great. I realy hope Rivals kicks ass too. But for now I'll rent any MS before even considering buy it cause they are crap.


Rivals is gonna be sweet.

I can't wait.

hiter101
06-13-2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by ChaoticMage



Rivals is gonna be sweet.

I can't wait.

isnt that wat u said about nhl 2k3? :rolleyes:

Chaotic
06-13-2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by hiter101


isnt that wat u said about nhl 2k3? :rolleyes:



shut it :cuss: :rolleyes:

CrazyCougar
06-13-2003, 02:21 PM
NHL 2k3 was sweet and still is. Best Hockey game ever made especially with the online play.

bretman1234
06-13-2003, 08:53 PM
am i the only one that didn't enjoy nfl 2k3? I played it for like 3 hours at a friends house, and it was really boring. I didn't really like the way it played, it felt too stiff. I like the freedom of the fever series.

canadianboi3
06-13-2003, 10:21 PM
Personally, I think Fever is too stiff. I think the controls are much looser for 2K3. Everybody has their own preferences though.

borka105
06-14-2003, 11:22 AM
Umm. GUYS WAKE UP!

XSN will also include:

PROJECT GOTHAM RACING 2 (Umm. one of the few AAA racing titles out there)

TOP SPIN TENNIS (got RAVE REVIEWS at E3)

LINKS: GOLF (Yeah, the best golf sim ever created)

AMPED 2 (Yes, the best snowboarding game ever made)


Oh and FEVER 2004, NBA ID 2004, NHL RIVALS 2004..........

Yeah, I like how MS does their sports games and the XSN SPORTS LINE-UP LOOKS KICKASS!!!


-borka105

canadianboi3
06-14-2003, 12:07 PM
That is sweet, I can't wait to play Amped 2, PG2, and Top Spin, on Xbox Live. Amped 2 is going to be SWEET with rankings, and tournaments and stuff. I can't wait! Top spin does look like an awesome game, but are the tennis players going to be real? i hope so.

Dominat0r
06-14-2003, 12:22 PM
its just you buddy. i love all the fever games. i did not like nfl 2k3 or madden. i dont like those slow tempo games. fever is realistic enough for me. everyone has their different opinions of styles of games. so goodbye. see you online xsn :cheers:

kenji
06-14-2003, 02:37 PM
Yeah, it's just you. They have games like NHL Hitz and NBA Street that I like to play because I don't like playing realistic games.

PS2_Fan
06-14-2003, 06:03 PM
Why do people keep saying "Its just you" when obviously other people have agreed with Trojan including me?

VeNoMiZA
06-14-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by PS2_Fan
Why do people keep saying "Its just you" when obviously other people have agreed with Trojan including me? becasue its obvious he asked "or is it just me?" so we gave him an answer. simple aint it?

JJaX
06-14-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by bretman1234
am i the only one that didn't enjoy nfl 2k3? I played it for like 3 hours at a friends house, and it was really boring. I didn't really like the way it played, it felt too stiff. I like the freedom of the fever series.

I use to be a madden fan and didnt like 2k3 either. But i eventually gave 2k3 the time it deserved and it is awesome.

Fever is just a piece of s4it stuck in my butt hair. And i cant push it out.... :cuss:

ARONO129
06-14-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by JJaX


I use to be a madden fan and didnt like 2k3 either. But i eventually gave 2k3 the time it deserved and it is awesome.

Fever is just a piece of s4it stuck in my butt hair. And i cant push it out.... :cuss:

I thoght I saw a curly one sticking out of the Fever 2003 case.

Madden has Madden commentary (& no Live) which is awful and Sega's NFL 2K3 the carema angles suck. The players look more alien than my ex-wife. Fever is arcady but I like that.

PS2_Fan
06-14-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by VeNoMiZA
becasue its obvious he asked "or is it just me?" so we gave him an answer. simple aint it?
Its not just him if other people agreed with him. Come on.

Dr_J
06-14-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by PS2_Fan
Why do people keep saying "Its just you" when obviously other people have agreed with Trojan including me?

Inluding you?

You're a PS2 troll with 23 posts. So, your opinion doesn't count.

Simple as that.

dances with broom sticks
06-14-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by PS2_Fan

Its not just him if other people agreed with him. Come on.

ummmm... im pretty sure they were joking around when saying it, plus anyone with the name ps2_fan obviously doesnt count :p

PS2_Fan
06-15-2003, 01:44 AM
Lol! I see its a bunch of X-Box groupies in this thread.

Dream Theater
06-15-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
nba2k3 is better then both.
I commed MS sports titles for being as good as the are so early...but there not threats to sega or ea yet.

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. Visual concepts came right out of the gates with a spectacular football game on Dreamcast. Early means nothing. SEGA rulez and always will in the sports category. Madden is rehash after rehash. SEGA improves every year and Fever is ok, but they need real announcers as NFL2k4 does(or shall I say ESPN NFL football now). I absolutely hate Kevin Calabro. Bring back **** Stocton and make his voice better. Don't loop him to death. SEGA please, use REAL announcers . I'm sick of Dan Stevens and Peter O'keife. That other guy who does Sunday night games would be great. That guy who did the Quarterback Club games. oooooh yyyaaa baby!!! And by the way, NHL 2K3 is nominated in the top five games of the year along with Madden , 2k3 animal crossing splinter cell and others but I forget which.

bretman1234
06-15-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by PS2_Fan
Lol! I see its a bunch of X-Box groupies in this thread.

I would hope to expect it, since this is an xbox fansite.:watchout: