PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live Chaos Support



Eoliths
06-12-2003, 10:16 AM
Playmore will be releasing SNK VS Capcom Chaos on XBox this winter, with supposedly no live support.

This cannot happen.

Help the community by signing the petition below:

http://www.petitiononline.com/snkvscap/petition.html

RudedogX
06-12-2003, 10:32 AM
Sorry to break it to you, but these petitions rarely get you anywhere.:watchout:

Eoliths
06-12-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX
Sorry to break it to you, but these petitions rarely get you anywhere.:watchout:

Unlike other companies, SNK/Playmore listens to their fans. They've taken votes for what characters should appear in future games, they've adjusted cover art layouts according to our requests, and so on.

This is their first title for Xbox, and it is important they know how many gamers want Live support for fighters.

wweomaniac
06-12-2003, 11:20 AM
I signed it, but dont expect anythign happening.

Flood
06-12-2003, 01:46 PM
who cares? you gotta face the fact that EVERY game isn't going to be playable on Live

En7gMa
06-12-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Flood-XBA
who cares? you gotta face the fact that EVERY game isn't going to be playable on Live

Ya, The game will most likely have system link capability so you can play it on Xbconnect...

Eoliths
06-12-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Flood-XBA
who cares? you gotta face the fact that EVERY game isn't going to be playable on Live

Who cares? The fighting game community perhaps. This game is being released in the arcade, on the neo geo, on ps2, probably on the DC, and definitely on the Xbox (sorry, no GC). All versions will look identical, and the Xbox version is the only feasible option for online play.

Anyone that has sat down for a few matches of Capcom VS SNK 2 for Xbox knows how much Live added to the replay value. Plus, fighters are all about competition, and arcades are dying out fast; online play for fighters is the logical step for comp. Also, not all of us live in Cali and Japan - really the only places left where the community thrives - we need online play for opponents on a global scale.

Playmore didn't completely rule out online play, all they need is to know that yes, people do care if it is implemented.

__

Fuse2k3: Why would a one on one fighter need a system link option, since both players are visable simultaneously on the same screen? This isn't an RTS or FPS where location whereabouts is a key factor.

Liquid Gears
06-12-2003, 03:54 PM
Even if Chaos doesn't get XBox Live compatibility, I'm still gonna buy it. But it doesn't make sence that XBox wouldn't put Chaos on Live, especially if SNK2 is on there.

ShannonX
06-12-2003, 07:19 PM
arcades in their current form are dying out fast true. But who's to say that they wont make some sort of comback if/when virtual reality hits the big time? Specially to begin with with initial "high quality" equipment costing quite a bit and needing a larger area than current gaming setups.

canadianboi3
06-12-2003, 07:43 PM
It's being made for the DC? I thought they stopped production of games.....:huh:

Eoliths
06-12-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by canadianboi3
It's being made for the DC? I thought they stopped production of games.....:huh:

KOF2k2 gets released this week for the DC :D

Shannon: I want to play fighters in an arcade, not pretend I'm lawnmower man.

Kraft
06-12-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Eoliths


Unlike other companies, SNK/Playmore listens to their fans. They've taken votes for what characters should appear in future games, they've adjusted cover art layouts according to our requests, and so on.

If they care so much about what you think of it being on Xbox Live, why didn't they have a vote themselves as to whether or not to implement live support?

sabca
06-12-2003, 09:23 PM
I signed but I don't think you'll get to far with 175 signatures. I'd definitely like to see this on Live, but if it's not going to happen it's not going to happen. No biggie

Eoliths
06-13-2003, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA


If they care so much about what you think of it being on Xbox Live, why didn't they have a vote themselves as to whether or not to implement live support?

They may very well just do that, since the game isn't even out in the arcades yet. I spoke them at e3 and they confirmed the Xbox release, and I asked about Live and it was a "if we have time. . ." answer. I just don't think they see the value.

En7gMa
06-13-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Eoliths


Fuse2k3: Why would a one on one fighter need a system link option, since both players are visable simultaneously on the same screen? This isn't an RTS or FPS where location whereabouts is a key factor.

Good point, I didnt think of it that way...Ohh well, Keep *****ing about it and maybe SNK will listen...Sure, they will :)