PDA

View Full Version : Soul Calibur 2 - Live Enabled?

thehebrewhammer
06-13-2003, 09:01 AM
This article talks about live enabled games and mentions soul calibur 2,

RudedogX
06-13-2003, 09:09 AM
Two things..
It's been discussed in another thread,
and two,
you forgot the link.:rolleyes:

And no, it was confirmed by Namco at E3 that this game will not be Live enabled for fights.

Dyslexic Chaos
06-13-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX
Two things..
It's been discussed in another thread,
and two,
you forgot the link.:rolleyes:

And no, it was confirmed by Namco at E3 that this game will not be Live enabled for fights.

Damn man, you fast today, you beat me to the punch again!!!!

Yes, RDX is right, no live support. It's a shame, because i would have pre-ordered like 50 copies if it was...

Variation-XBA
06-13-2003, 02:59 PM
Apparently it may have online ranking and conquest

Liquid Gears
06-13-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX

That's because there are to many whimps online you care so much about there record that they just can't lose and cheat by jumping out of matches everytime they're getting there asses kicked. But you know, it'd be nice if XBox could do sometime about this kinda problem. You know, like add a forfiting record to everyones XBox Live records for each game they play so they can show all the gamers out there who all the sissy's are.

DZNUTZ
06-13-2003, 04:52 PM
god..will some please kick this kids ass?
don't forget to duct tape his mouth shut when your done.

Dre
06-13-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears

That's because there are to many whimps online you care so much about there record that they just can't lose and cheat by jumping out of matches everytime they're getting there asses kicked. But you know, it'd be nice if XBox could do sometime about this kinda problem. You know, like add a forfiting record to everyones XBox Live records for each game they play so they can show all the gamers out there who all the sissy's are.

I agree LG! Theres nothing more annoying than when you are about to win a match of Team Destruction in Mechassault and the host quits with 2 seconds left. I don't really follow my stats, but that sorta behaviour really ****es me off:watchout:

l Maximus l
06-13-2003, 05:19 PM
Well, we can think of Soul Caliber 2 not being on XBox Live as a positive thing...

Just think, coming back to the Addict and having to fess up that you got your ass kicked by Maximus-XBA...I mean, man...the humiliation and downright torture that you all would have had to deal with. :D

bretman1234
06-13-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Dre

I agree LG! Theres nothing more annoying than when you are about to win a match of Team Destruction in Mechassault and the host quits with 2 seconds left. I don't really follow my stats, but that sorta behaviour really ****es me off:watchout:

same $H1T would happen when i played nba 2k3. People would pause the game if you were winning, with like 12 seconds left, and then u would have to shut off your xbox in order to play some more. Pain's in the asses carin too much about there records. And then because i was the one who shut off my xbox, I would also get tagged with a not completed game, which is basically a loss.:cuss:

Liquid Gears
06-13-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
god..will some please kick this kids ass?
don't forget to duct tape his mouth shut when your done.

Oh I'm sorry Mr. "I think I'm the bad ass on XBA" :rolleyes: Give me a break

First off, If your saying something negative about what I just said above than you are definitely one of the people who like to jump out of matches.

Secondly. Sorry but face it, nobody likes you a whole lot on XBA. Complaining all the time isn't gonna get you very far.

JJaX
06-14-2003, 05:29 PM
<\====-=-=----=- Soul Calibur God

Your prayers have been answered. You dont have to face me online.....

JJaX
06-14-2003, 05:30 PM

Secondly. Sorry but face it, nobody likes you a whole lot on XBA. Complaining all the time isn't gonna get you very far.

Sorry to face it, but you are living in some sort of fictional lawn mower man fantasy realm.

Plenty of people like DZ around here. Wish i could say the same for you....

http://www.thefruitcake.com/photos/funny/marker.jpg

Casper
06-14-2003, 09:51 PM
JJaX vs. Liquid Gears after that last comment....

http://www.student.smsu.edu/s/san232s/hardfunnypics/ownedbruceleecrotch.gif

bretman1234
06-14-2003, 11:15 PM
How come when I tried to post a picture, it said it was too big, but casper can post a short video??? is there a way to post picture easier, cuz it wouldn't let me

Casper
06-14-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by bretman1234
How come when I tried to post a picture, it said it was too big, but casper can post a short video??? is there a way to post picture easier, cuz it wouldn't let me

Didn't you read the rules? It says in there that everyone but Bostonians could post images :D

Nah, but what I did was use the IMG tag, which allows me to put in a pic from a site remotely. What you tried to do was upload an attachment. If you have something that you want to put up, use imagestation.com to host it, if it's on your PC...if it's on a website, right click on the pic to get it's URL address and then use the IMG tag to post it.

bretman1234
06-14-2003, 11:39 PM
HEY! I'm from cape cod, which is about an hour south of boston! so techniacally i can post images!

anyway, i uploaded the image to my imagestation, and im gonna try to post it. If it does work, its nothin important, just a pic of my new tv, on top of my old tv.

http://www.imagestation.com/mypictures/inbox/view.html?id=4226600473&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.imagestation.com%2Fpicture%2Fsraid65%2Fpa712060f34775e6995e3e8c8374f9530%2Ffbec ce19.jpg&caption=dcp_0001

bretman1234
06-14-2003, 11:43 PM
damn it didn't really work. I made a link for it, but I wanna know if i can like post it the way u did casper. How do u do that? Or did u already tell me and im just a dumbass

Casper
06-15-2003, 01:33 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/pa712060f34775e6995e3e8c8374f9530/fbecce19.jpg

Just quote me on what I put in here, then you'll see what I mean by the URL. It has to end in .jpg, .gif, or .bmp, not html for the code to work. Check out the board FAQ for help with using the codes a bit bud.

l Maximus l
06-15-2003, 03:36 PM

Oh I'm sorry Mr. &quot;I think I'm the bad ass on XBA&quot; :rolleyes: Give me a break

First off, If your saying something negative about what I just said above than you are definitely one of the people who like to jump out of matches.

Liquid...geez, dude...DZNUTZ is da man!!!

bretman1234
06-15-2003, 08:11 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/pa712060f34775e6995e3e8c8374f9530/fbecce19.jpg

Edit: awesome! it worked!

Dre
06-15-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
&lt;\====-=-=----=- Soul Calibur God

Your prayers have been answered. You dont have to face me online.....

Only played SC once or twice at the arcade but it was insane from what I remember. Once I've gotten some serious practice time down on SC2 we're gonna have to hook up so I can hand you your ass on a platter! Then, once you're done getting ur ass kicked, I'll let you go buy me a :cheers:

JJaX
06-15-2003, 10:54 PM
Holds hand to dres face

Pffffft :p

You dont even know what you're up against. Im nasty, if i could say im really good at any game. Its SC....

Dre
06-16-2003, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
Holds hand to dres face

Pffffft :p

You dont even know what you're up against. Im nasty, if i could say im really good at any game. Its SC....

So your saying you'll at least put up a good fight? :)

JJaX
06-16-2003, 03:55 AM
Real soul calibur fans that cant wait to get their copy, go here (http://www.felixmcli.org/sc2-main.html), Its a cool site with some nice info.

Check out the xbox intro =]

Right click me (http://media.felixmcli.org:90/sc2/sc2-xb-opening.wmv)

Be sure to have Windows Media 9

BattleAxe2006
06-17-2003, 10:30 AM

Thing is though, atleast once a day, i get a bunch of those people on MY team. Therefore, i'm the only person left on my team, i'm good at games, but not in the 4 against 1 spawn killing sense. Then, the other team TELLS me to forfeit. Why should that hurt my record? They told me to forfeit.

BTW, i don't care at all about my score, but others might, so it's a good question.

DZNUTZ
06-17-2003, 02:17 PM
yo liquid...come one man..this bickering is really childish.
what do ya say we bury the hatchet........

in your hollow skull.
look...i'll even be the bigger man (like thats a tuff accomplishment :rolleyes: )
look ..i even got you a present.
http://www.student.smsu.edu/s/san232s/hardfunnypics/suicidepistol.jpg

RudedogX
06-17-2003, 02:27 PM

Oh I'm sorry Mr. &quot;I think I'm the bad ass on XBA&quot; :rolleyes: Give me a break

He was man enough to step up to the plate when he lost a bet to me in NFL 2k3. He and the rest of the DDC will never cheat to win. We don't do that. We talk trash, but we respect those that respect us. If they beat us without cheating, good for them. If we beat them, it's because we did it without cheating, and if they can't deal, then they don't deserve to be on Live. Face us before you jump to your conclusions.

GokuX
06-17-2003, 02:32 PM
I wouldn't mind online fight as long as they'd make it so the quitter always loses, and the person he quits on always wins. I suppose you run into problems with disconnects through no fault of the players themselves. Though they could implement some feature that would send the server information if the player actually invokes the quit option, if there is a disconnect then the menu quit option shouldn't be invoked first. If a disconnect is detected then the server ought to negate the match. Oh well.