PDA

View Full Version : I just thought of the coolest thing for Halo 2

lotec16
06-13-2003, 04:52 PM
I was whatching the halo 2 in game demo that was released by bugnie today, and i came up with the greatest idea, in halo 2 you should have a mission where you assasinate a high ranked prophite(sp?),like you would find an invisble suit and sneak around the covy place, then kill him, then you get shot and your suit doesn't work, i think it would be kinda cool to have a mission along the lines of that, what do U think of that. and post your thoughts on the demo that was released today

Variation-XBA
06-14-2003, 02:47 AM
Would be interesting for sure.

Sneak in, assassinate the leader, then al of a sudden 40+ mobs are in the same room as you and you got to fight your way out :D

thrAsher
06-14-2003, 10:41 AM
that's clever. it would be great if the Covenant just came at you indefinitely, so you would HAVE to bust ass outta there while blasting away.

i just had a neat idea, also. what if somehow the covenant knocked MC out and Cortana had to take over operation of the Mark IV? maybe he would lose some of his speed and dexterity, and the level would involve more stealth and such to survive. the goal, of course, would be to get MC back to his senses.

lotec16
06-14-2003, 11:08 AM
in the fall or reach i think it said it was impossible for cortana to take over his suit like that, cuz the mc was worried that she would do that

thrAsher
06-14-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by lotec16
in the fall or reach i think it said it was impossible for cortana to take over his suit like that, cuz the mc was worried that she would do that
******! i had no idea...

alright, maybe a better idea would be for the Covenant to figure a way to take over MC, and then you would 'involuntarily' have to attack and assault an Earth base!

now THAT would be even better

:cool:

CuBaNo
06-14-2003, 12:03 PM
No, i doubt it, i wouldn't want to be sneaking around with dual sub machine guns and an Assualt rifle with a scope and 3 frag and 2 plasma nades...lol...maybe if u had to snipe him from a building while being sorounded by yellow elites with swords and plasma rifles.

A mission where u had to drive the ATV through a building would now be way much funner. haha, and when ur like at the 3rd floor u had to jump out through the window..*im sensing a cutscene*.. and chase the covenant becuase they stole something important.

lotec16
06-14-2003, 03:32 PM
yeah maybe you fight through a bunch of convy people and then you snipe him or somthing liek that, i donno i just wanna kill a high ranking prophite(sp?)

armyof_one/ltd
07-03-2003, 10:42 PM
Im sure that it would be cool to sneak there covy asses and shoot there brains out.
Also it would be cool to be able to use their swords and that in a mission you had to break in a Military Building with 20 floors and that just when you get to the last floor, to escape from the covenants in a Pelican as you take out the turrets or whatever is in the roof, but the elevator is broken and you have to use the stairs and as you take each step a horde of Covenants try to take you out and that there could be a sublevel if they get to capture you, in which you had to retrieve Cortana as they try to break into her memory to find out where the troops are so you would have time against you.

xboxgamer142
07-07-2003, 03:36 AM
Yeah, it would be kinda cool. But remember, Halo 2 is supposed to be an ego-shooter and not a Splinter Cell-style stealth game. But the concept is worthwhile.

lotec16
07-08-2003, 12:11 AM
i just thought of another cool thing, i wonder what the end of the game is going to be like, i was thinking if this is the last halo ever, no halo 3 on xbox 2, then he should be like big world hero(of course) and he should be in his suit, take of his helmet, and in really detailed model it should have his face and he should get a meddle infront of hundreds of thousands of people, i just wanna c what he looks like, i think hes really white, shaved head, and a metal thing in the back of his head like in the matrix, but i think that would be a pritty good ending of couse the covy homeworld would be blown to bits before the see him tho

armyof_one/ltd
07-09-2003, 07:49 PM
I dont think the Halo saga is going to end up in Halo 2, first because the story is told in our invaded Earth so the finality of the game is defeating the Covenants in Earth so when the Earth is restored they can go kick the cr@p out of the Covenants in their own Homeworld.

Slayer02
07-14-2003, 10:46 PM
Hmm, I like the idea. And btw, he takes his mask off in Halo1, just you don't get to see his face, nor the back of his head. (Last cut scene.) Anyhow, I like the idea. Would be a change of pace from blasting grunts and elites.

Lord Vivic
07-21-2003, 02:18 PM
It sounds cool,that is what I voted for,but it was with the help from the other players spicing it up.It sounds nice ,but in order to get into something that risky you would have to have a whole section of the game devote to that.I mean you would have several lvl's trying to unlock doors,find your way arund blocked passegesETC.But,it sounds like an interesting idea.:)

lotec16
07-21-2003, 05:45 PM
you could have the level start off like truth and reconciliation, where u r dropped off by a pelican. Then u find the target, kill it, then you are captured, i donno somthing, that would be cool to work some kinda sniping into it

Lord Vivic
07-22-2003, 10:57 AM
You have a lot of loopholes in your little storyline Lotec16.

lotec16
07-22-2003, 05:06 PM
well I was just brainstorming, not actually thinking of all the tiny details

ghost 009
08-04-2003, 12:15 PM
I heard hat in halo 2 you shoot out lights so the covenant cant see you like in mg2 or splinter cell.

lotec16
08-04-2003, 01:11 PM
I donno, they didn't show that in the 8 min demo, and that kinda strays from the halo, shot-em up way, but it would be kinda cool

JR Alberda
08-05-2003, 01:59 PM
The whole point of the suit is that you dont have a face to put the MC to. That way the MC is you. THey should sell an xbox webcam. At the start of the game it takes your pic, takes out your head and make a model of it. Then when they do show MC, its your face in the helmet! That is an idea. BTW the master chief looks like an older version of myslef of course, who else could it be. ;)

ghost 009
08-05-2003, 08:34 PM
I thought of another thing for halo 2. In that level two betrayals where you have to shut down the reactive chambers. When you go outside there are bridges, ditches, and places you can only get to with a banshee. When you get a banshee you can go back to where you started in that place with the hologram of halo. With the banshee you can go down in that hole. I think that a mutiplayer arena. The outside could be one teams arena and the starting place for that level could be anothers. And it could be a huge sniper arena. Or the outside team could invade the inside team with banshees and the inside team could snipe the banshees or something.

armyof_one/ltd
08-05-2003, 09:36 PM
I think you've got a great idea but that would be much Unreal like, If you have played Unreal Championship you'll undestand what am telling ya.

What do ya'll think about my idea? No one has made any commentaries about it.

DisturbedMonkey
08-06-2003, 11:26 PM
yeah i think its a pretty good idea, assaainate the leader so the covenant would be lost, and all frightened, so u can blow them all to helll.:D :cheers:

ghost 009
08-07-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by DisturbedMonkey
yeah i think its a pretty good idea, assaainate the leader so the covenant would be lost, and all frightened, so u can blow them all to helll.:D :cheers:

I think if you assainate the prophet your not gonna kill all the covenant

TuffEagle88
08-09-2003, 08:02 AM
**I heard hat in halo 2 you shoot out lights so the covenant cant see you like in mg2 or splinter cell.**

I've read that in an interview with some dude from the Halo staff, he said that the covys with even use flashlights to hunt you down and that the enemies are going to be was smarter than in the first one.
Another good thing is that the environments are destructible- you can knock over pilliars and break more windows and stuff. The covenent are supposed to be alot smarter than in the first one. He said that they would climb up walls on all fours like monkeys and knock over structures to impede your progress and force you to choose a different path- one that they are guarding.

I have a feeling that this game is going to have me jumpy. :watchout: