PDA

View Full Version : True Fantasy Live Online.....

Yankeez
06-13-2003, 10:44 PM
anyone know the rls date or expected quarter date?

Flood
06-13-2003, 11:43 PM
not sure on release date, but Kraft-XBA just wrote a great preview for it. http://www.xboxaddict.com/previews/view.php?Preview_ID=32

Variation-XBA
06-14-2003, 02:25 AM
No eta yet really, and if so I doubt it's in stone.
Definetly lookin forward to it though :)

Kraft
06-14-2003, 03:20 AM
They gave us a date for the japanese date, but I don't speak japanese well and they wouldn't give us a U.S. release date.

thrAsher
06-14-2003, 10:25 AM
TFLO sounds like it's gonna be a great experience. it will be because of quality MMORPGs like this Level 5 gem that i get on the Xbox Live! wagon.

i'd like to read/see more about the different occupations. i mean, you can be a carpenter, for christ's sake!

:D

JJaX
06-14-2003, 05:12 PM
Yeah that game as quote my eye since i saw it in a OXM.

Cant wait until Xbox gets a RPG. We need some bad....

Diddy
06-14-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
Yeah that game as quote my eye since i saw it in a OXM.

Cant wait until Xbox gets a RPG. We need some bad....

Quote your eye? OHHHHH YOU MEAN CAUGHT!!

And any1 know if there will be a Monthly fee to play like PSO?

JJaX
06-14-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Diddy

Arrrrg =]

I just woke up, im even slower :p

Diddy
06-14-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

Arrrrg =]

I just woke up, im even slower :p

Hehehehehehehe, im just fockxin witcha mang.

Variation-XBA
06-14-2003, 07:34 PM
It will, its a MMORPG and theres many fee's the company must pay.

Waits for the whines about paying to play :P

l Maximus l
06-15-2003, 03:58 PM
I'll never pay to play above and beyond paying for the XBox Live starter kit, the purchase price of the game, and the monthly expense for DSL I have every month. Any more expenses above that is f'ed up.

bretman1234
06-16-2003, 06:38 PM

Well, yes there is a monthly fee for PSO. But did you mean TFLO?

dances with broom sticks
06-16-2003, 09:20 PM
I can understand them needing a monthly fee I suppose. But I dont see myself ever paying one. I want the choice to play whatever I want, and I know I will feel obligated to play a game alot if I have to pay for it every month.

Just recently I started playin NHL2k3 again. Last month I dont think I even played it once. Now if i were to not play it at all one month, I certainly wouldn't pay to play it the next month, then when I want to, am I just screwed?

Variation-XBA
06-17-2003, 01:09 AM
Yup, thats how it goes.... but with MMORPGs, you kinda get more immersed than other games you play now and then, cause you want to lvl up, or get certain things etc etc...

prakeem
06-17-2003, 01:21 AM
Game developers dont neccessarily need to charge an online fee. They make a decent anount of money by selling it to the retailers. More gamers would buy games that are not subjected to such online fees, thus, creating greater revenues for the developers. Its a shame....

Diddy
06-17-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by bretman1234

Well, yes there is a monthly fee for PSO. But did you mean TFLO?

Uhhh....riiiiiight, seeing as we are talking about TFLO.

Anyways prakeem has a good point, We are already paying for the Live service and i cant even join my friends' games sometimes, Id like for them to fix that. Also the thing with not showing wut game the person is playing even they ARE in fact playing a game. Id like that to be fixed as well.

Dre
06-17-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by prakeem
Game developers dont neccessarily need to charge an online fee. They make a decent anount of money by selling it to the retailers. More gamers would buy games that are not subjected to such online fees, thus, creating greater revenues for the developers. Its a shame....

Well, the money they make from retailers can pay their salaries, the development time of the game, etc. But once the game is released and they are still creating content, they need some revenue for the work they put in. At 10$/gamer/month though I'm sure they must be smiling whilst sitting on their piles of cash. Especially on Xbox live seeing as how the gaming companies don't even need to have servers or anything (which is usually one of the major % of cost for an online game).

I'm still hoping that MS will wave off the monthly fee for this one to try and get more people to sign up for live.

Variation-XBA
06-17-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by prakeem

you know nothing of how a mmorpg company works business wise:o