PDA

View Full Version : doa3?

DenniZz81
12-10-2001, 09:19 AM
Is the game worth buying?:confused:

Ninja Scroll
12-10-2001, 10:53 AM
Honestly I dont have the game yet. I do intend to purchase it this coming Thursday though.
But from what i've heard it's nothing more than a prettier DOA2 (on DC & PS2).
Im just getting it because im a hardcore fighting fan.

Personally im waiting for Soul Calibur 2.

GokuX
12-10-2001, 11:01 AM
Well I'll put it this way, if U haven't yet played DOA2 its worth it to jump into the DOA series now, and if U like DOA2 then its worth it to purchase DOA3. Also when the japanese version comes out later all of the updates made to it will be available for US gamers via either a addon disk or most likely through downloads.

Hugh_Jass
12-10-2001, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by DenniZz81
Is the game worth buying?:confused:

It's a great showcase title to impress your friends with the power of the XBOX.

I prefer Oddworld or Azurik, however.

MensurB
12-10-2001, 11:54 AM
Yes, I do believe that DOA3 is worth buying, everyone is talking about how it gets boring after a while, that happened to me too, but then I found out all the cool things you can do, the moves and stuff.(The graphics are the best I've seen in a fighting game so far)

CBR900rr
12-10-2001, 12:19 PM
If you like fighting games, its the most impressive ever to date on a home system. I have had it since day 1 and am still shocked by just how good it really is.

Some levels defy logic they are so incredibly good....buy it today !!!

Just buy it at EB games and if you want can trade for any other game in 10 days.

kirkyg
12-10-2001, 02:56 PM
welllllllllll...i rented it and have been playing it. I fiddled with moves and combo systems. I dont have a list of moves/combos but from what i can tell there is no real set combo system. You can't easily duplicate a series of hits again. Seems to be more of a hit the buttons and you'll win type thing which is NOT GOOD for people like me who get into fighting games. Killer instinct 2 thus far is BY FAR the best fighting game ever made. I wish they could remake that (never would happen) with the graphics of doa3 i would be in heaven LOL. I never liked the tekken or virtual fighter series...Sould caliber was good can't wait for soul caliber 2 :)

as for graphics...its the most beautiful think i think i've seen before in terms of quality. Sound is excellent too. Framerate you would expect to drop............its rock solid.

kirkyg

l Maximus l
12-10-2001, 03:01 PM
Kirk...personally, I'm a hardcore Mortal Kombat fan...always have been. One thing I love about that game is that it takes time to get good by learning all of the special moves and fatality sequences. XBox is coming out with a new version of Mortal Kombat that will be three-dimensional...I can't wait for this one!

Deathwish
12-10-2001, 03:14 PM
Like kirkyg said there is no set combo sestem - you realy just make your combos. In that aspect its more like virtua fighter then tekken and there is also a fairly deep reversal system. Unless you have two controllers and a good friend the replay value is seriously hampered - I beat the single player game as all characters in one sitting - and there are few extras. But 2 player versus and 4 player tag team battles are super fun if you have someone to play with.

kirkyg
12-10-2001, 03:24 PM
"XBox is coming out with a new version of Mortal Kombat that will be three-dimensional"

lemme see some confirmation for this!?

I did like all the mortal kombat games up until they deviated from mk3. Mk2 was the best imo. I still like ki2 better than them all...combo system was much more involved and complex and challenging.

kirkyg

l Maximus l
12-10-2001, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by kirkyg
"XBox is coming out with a new version of Mortal Kombat that will be three-dimensional"

lemme see some confirmation for this!?

I did like all the mortal kombat games up until they deviated from mk3. Mk2 was the best imo. I still like ki2 better than them all...combo system was much more involved and complex and challenging.

kirkyg

My personal Mortal Kombat favorite was MK Trilogy...it has about 30 fighters on there...I mastered every single one of their special moves and fatalities. The replay value on this game was amazing...my buddies and I played all the way up until the XBox launch. But, as for the new Mortal Kombat on the XBox, here are a couple Screenshots for you to look at: Enjoy!

http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/2361.jpg
http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/2342.jpg

Hugh_Jass
12-10-2001, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

My personal Mortal Kombat favorite was MK Trilogy...it has about 30 fighters on there...I mastered every single one of their special moves and fatalities. The replay value on this game was amazing...my buddies and I played all the way up until the XBox launch. But, as for the new Mortal Kombat on the XBox, here are a couple Screenshots for you to look at: Enjoy!

Wow! Are those in-game or FMV?

l Maximus l
12-10-2001, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass

Wow! Are those in-game or FMV?

I'm 99.9% sure that atleast the bottom one is in-game...The first one looks more like an introduction shot...but, if you notice, there isn't much of a difference!

Ninja Scroll
12-10-2001, 05:11 PM
uuuuuuh ooooooohhhhh, there goes maximus plugging the next MK game coming out.......
im not gonna even start.

kirkyg
12-10-2001, 05:22 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i'll be buying that...

i hated trilogy because they just took all the ninja's and pallet swapped them...that was retarted...for xbox im sure they will take each individual character and make them look unique.

will they call it mk x or what? Is there a confirmed list with the game on it or what about midway's site?

kirkyg

adamw19
12-10-2001, 05:28 PM
Holy.... is there any other screenshots anywhere else for that mortal kombat game?

kirkyg
12-10-2001, 05:34 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!

<STERO> Will there be pallet swapping in Mk5
<ED_BOON> No, there will not be pallet swapping.

btw this is not an xbox exclusive game according to ed boon.

kirkyg

MensurB
12-10-2001, 07:57 PM
I am 100% sure that these are actual play pictures, I mean, Just look at DOA3, They look even better(to me ;) )

kirkyg
12-10-2001, 08:29 PM
na that looks atleast as good as doa3...consider the screenies aren't usually quite as good as the actual game.

kirkyg