PDA

View Full Version : How bout games other than Halo?

Diddy
06-14-2003, 06:41 PM
The game is 2 years old and you all need to get off its proverbial "D1ck". Im just sick of all the threads in this board being about halo. "Whats your favorite gun in Halo" Noone cares! There are many, MANY good games other than Halo that are First Person Shooters.

Medal Of Honor: Allied Assault, and the MOH games for the consoles.

Battlefield 1942

Unreal

Tom Clancy's Raven Shield

Return To Castle Wolfenstein PC and Consoles.
Why dont u all compare the XBox and PS2 games??? Id like to read about that.

Vietcong(Its OK, but still worth a try)

Enemy Territory, and the list goes on.

Keep it comin along with your opinions please.

sabca
06-14-2003, 07:01 PM
I heard the AI in Vietcong is horrible. Friend of mine was saying his dad, after spending fifteen minutes trying to get his other troops to get over a log just machined gunned the lot of them.

Other great FPS aside fomr ones you mentioned are Half-Life, the orginal JK(JK2 is good as well), Rouge Spear, Unreal Tournament, Deus Ex(of course:)) and many many others that I can't think of

Variation-XBA
06-14-2003, 07:53 PM
Ive been cracking out on Americas Army alot lately! Its free and REALLY good (new patch will get rid of some cheaters).

CS is an old goody if yer bored.

RTCW for xbox just owns flat out when ya get a REAL team going.

BF I still play time to time.

Bored of Unreal(1/2/2003).

Vietcong....bleh, demo was ok, full kinda sucks imo

Diddy
06-15-2003, 06:46 PM
Yeah, after i posted this and played it, it was annoying.

Im glad people play games other than Halo lmao.

A really good one I like is Wolfenstein and Enemy Territory, for ET theres only like 6 maps but its really addicting. I wish they would make it for XBox.

CuBaNo
06-15-2003, 07:19 PM
Don't forget day of defeat or Soldier of Fortune 2 and 1. But halo still takes the crown...... lets see Half-life 2 and Halo 2 when they come out

Diddy
06-16-2003, 01:06 PM
I just dont see how u all can talk so much and make so many threads about a Single player games with out any Online muliplayer support and dont bring up XBConnect because its really annoying. I mean I played Halo, beat it, and ok so? I wish i could trade it in, but my stupid ass friend forgot to get it from me on like the last day of school.

sabca
06-16-2003, 07:00 PM
Well, even without bringing up Xbox Connect(which rocks by the way) if you have a bunch of friend just get a system link LAN going. Very very good times.

But yeah, you are right, Halo is not the be all and the end all of first person shooters, albeit one hell of a game.

And I forgot two. The king of the console FPS; Goldeneye. And if Goldeneye was the king, then Perfect Dark was surely the prince and successor to the throne.