PDA

View Full Version : My Problem With Online Hockey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BiN
06-14-2003, 10:20 PM
OK I AM ****ED, I HAVE NHL2K3 AND STARTED PLAYING IT ONLINE, MY PROBLEM IS WITH THE WAY THEY KEEP THE RECORDS.......

U SEE, SOMEONE CAN QUIT HALF WAY IF THEY ARE LOSING AND I DO NOT GET THE WIN!!!!!
SECOND THIS JUST HAPPENED, 4 SECONDS LEFT OF THE GAME I AM WINNING AND THEY HIT PAUSE AND JUST LEFT IT LIKE THAT, FORCING ME TO QUIT AND LOSE...
THIRD SOMETIMES I WIN AND I ACTUALLY EXIT THE GAME AND IT COUNTS IT AS A LOSS NOT WIN...

IS THIS GAME SCREWED OR AM I NOT FOLLOWING THE CORRECT PROCEDURES ON EXITING AFTER A WIN, AND IS THEIR A WAY TO AVOID CHEAP QUITTERS?

dances with broom sticks
06-14-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by BiN
OK I AM ****ED, I HAVE NHL2K3 AND STARTED PLAYING IT ONLINE, MY PROBLEM IS WITH THE WAY THEY KEEP THE RECORDS.......

U SEE, SOMEONE CAN QUIT HALF WAY IF THEY ARE LOSING AND I DO NOT GET THE WIN!!!!!
SECOND THIS JUST HAPPENED, 4 SECONDS LEFT OF THE GAME I AM WINNING AND THEY HIT PAUSE AND JUST LEFT IT LIKE THAT, FORCING ME TO QUIT AND LOSE...
THIRD SOMETIMES I WIN AND I ACTUALLY EXIT THE GAME AND IT COUNTS IT AS A LOSS NOT WIN...

IS THIS GAME SCREWED OR AM I NOT FOLLOWING THE CORRECT PROCEDURES ON EXITING AFTER A WIN, AND IS THEIR A WAY TO AVOID CHEAP QUITTERS?

There is a time limit on the pause... after 3 minutes i think it comes off pause or they loose or sumthin

Variation-XBA
06-14-2003, 10:34 PM
Your caps is stuck :P

cheedoh
06-14-2003, 11:00 PM
hmm... no need to shout, thx.:)

BiN
06-14-2003, 11:21 PM
sorry i posted that right after i got scammed!! im calmed down now tho lol

hmm i didnt know about the pause thing ill see about it....

canadianboi3
06-15-2003, 01:41 AM
Well, you have to let the game finish for it to count as a win. You can't quit right when it ends, you need it to quit for you. It will log off kinda thing into a final menu, then you can quit.

J Dub
06-15-2003, 02:54 AM
Also, stand up to the people that sit on the pause screen. Just go get a snack or something and leave it on pause. They will get fed up because they'll wanna start another game. Then they'll leave and you'll get the win.

BiN
06-15-2003, 10:55 AM
lol ok i just did what u told me to do, stand up to the pausers heres what they did!

they hit pause and theres a 3 minute limit right? 10 seconds left before they get disconnected they hit start and game starts again, then 3 seconds later they hit pause and IT STARTS BACK AT 3 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!! why dont they make it so its a 3 minute pause for the whole game!!!!!!!!!

3 min pause x 60 seconds x 60 min = 7200 min of waiting if i want to outwait the pausers!!!!!!!

MICROSOFT NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!

im 35 and 12 when i should be 45 and 2!

JR Alberda
06-15-2003, 01:23 PM
First thing make sure that you give them a bad feedback. I believe that I read in the e3 stuff that the new version of xbox live, when we finally get it, will include the player rating so that in games like that you can tell that this guy is a poor loser and not play with him. Second I suggest if you are really schooling the guy to leave it till the last second before you score the winning goal. Make it so beautiful that he will be stunned and therefore not be able to pause in time.

BTW this is the big reason that I have stayed away from the online sports so far.

Young_Fledgling
06-15-2003, 01:29 PM
i agree... pain the mofoggin ass!

i hate it!