PDA

View Full Version : What games to get???

jnest
06-14-2003, 11:41 PM
Im sure this question has been asked before, so im sorry in advanced if it is a repeat....

I just got an xbox, and was wondering what games I should pick up.
So far im thinking of getting: DOA 3, DOA Volleyball, NFL Fever 2k3, Capcom vs SNK, NBA Street vol 2, and ill get Halo.... Any other suggestions?

Does anyone else have any suggestions? And im also thinking about xbox live, not sure if i should or not...

Thanks!

bretman1234
06-14-2003, 11:49 PM
1. get xbox live

2. get ghost recon

3. have fun!

Flood
06-14-2003, 11:51 PM
check out Xboxaddicts top 100 Xbox games:

http://www.xboxaddict.com/charts/

Kraft
06-15-2003, 10:56 AM
Just remember to do yourself a favor and avoid any football game with 'fever' in the title. Sega 2k3 series is easily the best of the bunch.

BattleAxe2006
06-15-2003, 01:15 PM
If you're getting LIVE, (which you should, it's the best :D) you should probably get ghost recon and/or mechassault. Ghost recon is addictive as chocolate covered crack cookies, and mechassault is really fun to just blow stuff up :p . Have fun :cheers:

l Maximus l
06-15-2003, 03:30 PM
Halo should be mandatory.

Also, my personal favorites are: Halo, of course, Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding (now a platinum hit...only $20), Rallisport Challenge, NFL 2K3, Ghost Recon (especially on XBox Live), and Brute Force.

wweomaniac
06-15-2003, 06:09 PM
yo. You seem to like the same games I like. And for that I salute you. :cheers:

NBA Street 2 is sweet. I've logged about 20 hours on that game and I'm still not tired. Could probably play another 20.

Halo is mandatory. No doubt.

If you're ever bored, you should get Splinter Cell.

As for a football game... get NFL 2k3. ACTUALLY. Wait for NFL 2k4.

If you're a social person and like playing games with friends over I don't recommend live. When it came out, me and 5 of my friends got it thinking that when we weren't all together, we'd play over cable. But none of us have really touched live since New Years. Thats 6 whole months ($25 if you divide the cost of the kit by 2).

y2kash_14
06-15-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac

If you're ever bored, you should get Splinter Cell.

....and be even more bored :D

If you have a different console, I suggest getting NBA Street Vol. 2 on a different console. The control scheme is way weirder on the Xbox than on any of the other consoles.

Kortiz
06-15-2003, 07:54 PM
pffft, Splinter Cell is da bomb diggity!

AmpedRider
06-15-2003, 10:35 PM
Halo Splinter Cell , LIVE, Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Ghost Recon

y2kash_14
06-15-2003, 11:36 PM
yeah Splinter Cell is fun....

if you wanna play as some weakling who can't fight (just has a wuss elbow jab).

use weak weapons (with an idiotic targeting scheme)

mediocre story line

and extremely boring gameplay.

Although there are some plus sides...

cool lighting effects

and some people seem to find the gameplay fun...

If you are looking for a pure Stealth game, get Splinter Cell.

But if you are looking for a Stealth/Action game, go for MGS2, Raiden may look prissy, but at least he can kick some ass without having to hide in the dark :cheers:

BATMANFOREVER
06-16-2003, 08:22 PM
lets see here best games to get of course like my boy max sais

HALO is just a given..

doa 3 is fun with two partys or more

amped i board if u board u will love this game...

splinter cell... if u like challenging

blood omen 2...if ur into blood and goar

nba streets 2...if u like bball and phat moves.

enter the matrix... god damn
there are many more........ i just got tired of writing lol:D

runninutes
06-16-2003, 08:51 PM
With the games you're thinking about, I'd have to recommend Outlaw Golf. It's a great golf game, and hey, you get to beat on people! I hear OG2 is coming out this fall though - you might want to hold off for a little while and see if it does.

For a change of pace, you might like Munch's Oddysee (however it's spelled) - it's a different kind of game, but it's a lot of fun, and you can finish the game doing well to see a "good" ending or finish evil to see a "bad" ending.

I wish I could recommend Crazy Taxi 3, but the controls are literally painful. If you want a quick taste of carpal tunnel, go for it, and Bring On The Pain!

CALzinger
06-16-2003, 09:22 PM
First off, welcome to the forums.

I'd also reccomend to stay off some of the sports games in duplicates. Some are good, but make sure you rent it or play it before you decide to buy it. Also, I'd reccomend getting XBOX LIVE. Then you will stay with your xbox similar to how you can get hooked on to the internet. Ghost Recon is a definite for XBL. If you are unable to get a home network or a direct connection, then stick with Ghost Recon anyway, its a great single player game alone. Halo is a must, as I'm sure you have heard lots of reviews for it already. As for sports games, just ask around as to opinions on the different sports games. And before you plan on buying any "iffy" game, make sure that you read multiple reviews. If you base your decision on one review, that review may be biased and could leave you with a game you don't like. Renting is always a good idea, even though you will end up finishing the game in 6 days or so. Just remember, make sure you do your research before buying ANY product, even though that is with the exception of XBOX. Nobody should be questioning buying an XBOX. :D :D

By the way...Are you into...graphical babes or something? You seem to be loving that whole DOA idea. If you like those games...then try that XXX game. I haven't played it, and I don't have details...personally, nothing wrong with the internet :p :p

Well, enjoy your xbox and welcome to the addict community.

jnest
06-16-2003, 09:54 PM
Hey thanks for all the replies so far... I just bought DOA Volleyball today, and I got the Exhibition disk with the full version of capcom v snk.... Now I need to find the next game to buy.

Thanks again!

Diddy
06-17-2003, 10:38 AM
DO NOT BUY ENTER THE MATRIX, just rent it if you have to try it.

And i guess if youre like all the freaks here(joking lol) and u play Halo every day then you might as well get it but i wouldnt reccomend, but thats just me.

IF you like RTCW alot, then MOST LIKELY, not always, you wont like Ghost Recon. IF you like face in your face killing, Ghost probably isnt for you. Live is a must IMO. Unreal Championship is a great game for Live despite what others think. Ill give Mechassault its props for Singeplayer but MP, NO SIR! Splinter Cell, though I have to agree with 2kash he cant even throw a punch and knock someone out. He Might as well just poke em in the eyes. "Captian Insano show no mercy!" LMAO. Anyways that should be a good starting line up for you.