PDA

View Full Version : Anybody who shrugs they're shoulders on Xbox will no longer get support from me like,



Dream Theater
06-16-2003, 06:40 AM
Tombraider: No game for Xbox, I won't see the movie

Rockstar games: No purchase of ANY of their software including Midnight Club.

EA. No online play for Xbox, No Madden purchase for me or anything by them for that matter.

And any other company that does not support the Box or gives us ****ty rehashes gets none of my money.
:cuss:

Flood
06-16-2003, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Dream Theater
Tombraider: No game for Xbox, I won't see the movie

Rockstar games: No purchase of ANY of their software including Midnight Club.

EA. No online play for Xbox, No Madden purchase for me or anything by them for that matter.

And any other company that does not support the Box or gives us ****ty rehashes gets none of my money.
:cuss:

tomb raider i understand...the first was crappy anyways, from the 15 seconds of it i watched

EA i understand...they suck.

but why Rockstar? We got Max Payne, even though it isnt that great. We got State of Emergency with multiplayer, even though it isnt that great. Midnight Club 2 is a REALLY good game and its even playable on Live. so why the hate for Rockstar? if its because PS2 got GTA3 and Vice City before Xbox, thats the dumbest reason ever. Not only will we get them next year, most likely either with bonus features or really cheap, but they're both available for the pc, which has better graphics than the PS2.

Stormlord
06-16-2003, 10:02 AM
I agree that these companies suck. Rock Star is kind of understandable. They screwed Xbox by having that damn contract with Sony. Yeah there's contract may be at an end but look how long it is going to take Xbox to get a GTA title. But hey if you're ****ed about GTA just get Driver 3. It's going to be like GTA and better looking. :cheers:

RudedogX
06-16-2003, 10:16 AM
True Crime will be better than Driver 3. Also, that was a business decision, and they are planning on releasing the games to XBox owners, just several years too late. Oh well, I wouldn't ban them, since they are actually producing games for XBL, and a few games that aren't GTA. Since GTA is under a signed contract with Sony, you can't fault Rockstar for not releasing it to the other platforms since they could be sued otherwise.

Flood
06-16-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX
True Crime will be better than Driver 3. Also, that was a business decision, and they are planning on releasing the games to XBox owners, just several years too late. Oh well, I wouldn't ban them, since they are actually producing games for XBL, and a few games that aren't GTA. Since GTA is under a signed contract with Sony, you can't fault Rockstar for not releasing it to the other platforms since they could be sued otherwise.

exactly....sony probably gave rockstar a good ammount of money to sign that contract

Knight
06-16-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX
Also, that was a business decision, and they are planning on releasing the games to XBox owners, just several years too late. Oh well, I wouldn't ban them, since they are actually producing games for XBL, and a few games that aren't GTA. Since GTA is under a signed contract with Sony, you can't fault Rockstar for not releasing it to the other platforms since they could be sued otherwise.

But how can any XBox onwer support sonys bit@h(Rock star)?

To little to late and Why should anyone care about GTA after True Crime comes out!?

And if I even think of getting Max Payne2 it will be a used copy.

RudedogX
06-16-2003, 12:57 PM
I agree with the GTA vs True Crimes deal. If anyone is still upset and wanting to purchase GTA after True Crimes, I pity them.

With that said, let me ask this, why would we want just another PS2 port to the XBox? In this regards, Sony kind of did the XBox players a favor and saved us from a port. Though we may resent Rockstar for it, I'm happy that we didn't have to waste money on it. So we have to wait...I'm still trying to keep up with all games coming out now, let alone in the past!

Knight
06-16-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX
I agree with the GTA vs True Crimes deal. If anyone is still upset and wanting to purchase GTA after True Crimes, I pity them.

With that said, let me ask this, why would we want just another PS2 port to the XBox? In this regards, Sony kind of did the XBox players a favor and saved us from a port. Though we may resent Rockstar for it, I'm happy that we didn't have to waste money on it. So we have to wait...I'm still trying to keep up with all games coming out now, let alone in the past!

Would you even think of getting Max Payne2?

Kraft
06-16-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Knight


Would you even think of getting Max Payne2?

If they made the game a lot longer and put some more work into it, yes I would.

Yannie Boy
06-16-2003, 01:35 PM
ill regret saying this later on but sometimes its the games and the quality of it and not the company from where it comes from

Tim
06-16-2003, 02:18 PM
We should thank the companies that don't port over to Xbox! If Metal Gear Solid had come out immediately for X-Box, it's possible Splinter Cell would never have been created. The same goes for True Crime, if GTA had come out right away, it may never have been developed. Game programmers look for a need and then try to provide it to the customer!

So lets give a big Cheers :cheers: to thos bas**rds that won't port to us!

Kraft
06-16-2003, 02:20 PM
There are actually a lot of games that really anger me that they were ported at all 'read: Run Like Hell'.

Knight
06-16-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Tim
We should thank the companies that don't port over to Xbox! If Metal Gear Solid had come out immediately for X-Box, it's possible Splinter Cell would never have been created. The same goes for True Crime, if GTA had come out right away, it may never have been developed. Game programmers look for a need and then try to provide it to the customer!

So lets give a big Cheers :cheers: to thos bas**rds that won't port to us!

And who needs Square or Enix when you got BioWare, Climax & Lionhead Studios(Big Blue Box & Intrepid Games).

Dream Theater
06-18-2003, 04:56 AM
I still have a magazine that has footage reads on GTA 3 for Xbox from years ago. It's the fact that they made a promise to Pre-Xbox owners that they didn't keep. I understand the contract was signed, but they could have been different than EA and supported the Box right from the gate. They know they made alot of Xbox owners mad and I think in the future we'll get rehashes from Rockstar. They aren't stupid. As far as EA goes, they can take their software and stick it up their ass! I'm a die hard SEGA sports fan and will give Microsoft a chance. I bet anyone in this forum that Max Payne 2 will be a SONY exclusive. Any bets?

Flood
06-18-2003, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
There are actually a lot of games that really anger me that they were ported at all 'read: Run Like Hell'.

i personally think timesplitters 2 and red faction 2 were unnecessary ports as well....but i know some people like them

BCan
06-18-2003, 08:34 AM
EA just don't like the idea of MS having control of when their yearly updated games get taken off LIVE support....

They'd prefer people to have to update, remove the support for old versions, that's why Sony and EA have online play!

Steve1987
06-18-2003, 09:37 AM
I bet anyone in this forum that Max Payne 2 will be a SONY exclusive. Any bets?

Max Payne 2 won't be a Sony exclusive, as all the Max Payne games will be PC first, then multi-platform for consoles.

I don't see why you lot are getting upset over these companies making games for the other consoles. It's business, and as Tim said by having 1 game on one console, gives another company a chance to make something better for a different console.
So we get Competition and that is brilliant for the gaming industry.

Stormlord
06-18-2003, 09:49 AM
I saw how EA screws its fans first hand. I bought the PS2 broadband adaptor and it brought a Madden online demo. Well since the adaptor was very hard to find I got it late. Well when I tried to go online all the Madden servers were shutdown and I saw a message saying it could only be played through Febraury 2003. That's utter BS. Atleast Microsoft kept it Moto GP and Whacked playable. EA can go suck a deku nut.:cuss:

darianX
06-18-2003, 03:41 PM
I don't understand the hatred towards Rockstar. They put out 3 games and only one was on the PS2 before the Xbox, the rest were multi-platform. Their contract with Sony existed before GTA3 came out and runs out after the next GTA game. They've already stated their intentions of getting GTA3 and Vice City onto the Xbox after the contract is expired. R.ockstar would be stupid to not put games onto the Xbox because that's less cash in their pockets, plus Payne and the GTA titles have already been on the PC...the Xbox isn't far from there.

Rockstar's success and ability to bring games to platforms other than the PS2 comes directly from the overwhelming sales of the GTA series on the PS2. Without GTA, Rockstar probably wouldn't be able to afford multiple platforms so be happy; at least developers aren't dropping off of the Xbox like the Gamecube.

Dyslexic Chaos
06-18-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by darianX
They put out 3 games and only one was on the PS2 before the Xbox, the rest were multi-platform.

MCII and SOE were both on PS2 first...

But i digress...

anyway, I love Rockstar, and I know that Max Payne 2 will come out on all consoles first. Hey, at least they didn't dump Smugglers Run on us...

Oh, and anyone who thinks True Crime will beat GTA III or VC, you will soon be proven wrong, I guarentee it. You see, you will all know my power of telling the future, just like when i said Brute Force would probably only score in the 6.5-8 range, who was right? BOOOYAAAA!!!

I give True Crime a 5.5-6.5 MAX.

Xbox Owner
06-18-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Knight


But how can any XBox onwer support sonys bit@h(Rock star)?

To little to late and Why should anyone care about GTA after True Crime comes out!?



1. Rockstar isn't sony's b*tch..that's like saying every exclusive for every console is made by someone's "b*tch"..

2. Because TC might suck.

LynxFX
06-18-2003, 04:35 PM
I understand the hatred towards EA. I can related. :D

But Rockstar has been pretty good to the Xbox. Rockstar San Diego did an awesome job with MC2. If it wasn't for the contract with Sony (which I'm sure they got a lot of money for) then Xbox would have GTA3/Vice City right now. But contracts are contracts and Rockstar has said that as soon as it is up, Xbox will get the GTA games. So they aren't holding out on us.

DZNUTZ
06-18-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Jerred B


MCII and SOE were both on PS2 first...

But i digress...

anyway, I love Rockstar, and I know that Max Payne 2 will come out on all consoles first. Hey, at least they didn't dump Smugglers Run on us...

Oh, and anyone who thinks True Crime will beat GTA III or VC, you will soon be proven wrong, I guarentee it. You see, you will all know my power of telling the future, just like when i said Brute Force would probably only score in the 6.5-8 range, who was right? BOOOYAAAA!!!

I give True Crime a 5.5-6.5 MAX.

words from someone who wasn't lucky enuff to see true crime in action at e3. i'm sure others will agree with me...it looked damn good.

Scarlet Spider
06-18-2003, 10:18 PM
this is stupid.
Boycotting video game companies? wtf... ITS VIDEOGAMES, NOT ANIMAL RIGHTS! i can underst maybe if the company was found to use sweat shops and work little kids to death or something but god. just becouse they dont make a game for the xbox? thats just stupid to me.

Diddy
06-18-2003, 10:34 PM
HEY DREAM THEATER MAYBE YOU SHOULD CHECK YOUR PERSONAL MESSAGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!