PDA

View Full Version : Networking Xbox

Mcren
12-10-2001, 02:33 PM
Anyone seen any info on how to connect 2 Xboxes? I am wondering how it's going to interface with the internet.

l Maximus l
12-10-2001, 02:43 PM
Yeah, dude...all you need is the System Link Cable...which is simply a CAT 5 Crossover cable. If you have two XBoxes, you don't need a hub...all you need is the CAT 5 Crossover Cable (or System Link Cable - same thing) and hook them together. Then, take both of the XBoxes and hook them up to two seperate TVs and you are in action. You will have to tell the game what you want to do by simply going to the correct options, depending on which game you are wanting to play.

Mcren
12-10-2001, 02:52 PM
That's seems simple, but what about the internet? How am I going to play on the internet? Anyone got any info in that?

l Maximus l
12-10-2001, 02:55 PM
Mcren...in regards to on-line play, you have to do it through your computer for now. Microsoft is currently setting up an on-line forum and will be available this Summer. From then on, it's going to be insane!

Mcren
12-10-2001, 03:02 PM
Do you play on-line right now?

l Maximus l
12-10-2001, 03:07 PM
Mcren...no, I haven't tried yet. You have to download software to your computer. I forget what and where it is located...someone else here will tell you...I was trying to find it. I know that Tazilla has done it...email him a private message.

Tazilla
12-10-2001, 04:08 PM
I've played online,.. yes,...
I do play online almost daily,...

it takes some computer know how,.. and networking know how,.. and some cheap hard ware inorder to do it,..
plus a fast upload braodband connection,...

Deathwish
12-10-2001, 04:12 PM
I play Halo online it roxorz my xboxorz daily.

Mcren
12-10-2001, 04:28 PM
Well, I got the computer know how, the network know how,and I got a phat broadbrand connection, but what kind of cheap hardware is required? I got's hubs and a router with a few cables, will that do me? Do I need any other cheap hardware?

How about you point me to a site that will explain the layout?

Tazilla
12-10-2001, 04:32 PM
you got it all then

my set up
Cable modem to NIC 1 on my PC
NIC2 on my PC to hub port 1
Hub port 2 to Xbox

that's all I have,.. you can use a router though, no hub needed unles you don't have but one port on your router,...

get the Gamespy Arcade softeware ( the free version )
and the Gamespy tunnel software ,.. install it all hook up at the Arcade and play away

Games supported so far are
Halo
THPS2x
Nascar Thunder

oh yeah
you have to turn off your firewalls, inorder to host a game
I have had no firewall trouble joining a game