PDA

View Full Version : soldier of fortune Ques.

sports10
06-17-2003, 11:33 AM
I know the game comes out Thurs. but i can't find any good info on it. It looks pritty good and i heard you can shoot a guys leg of with a shotgun but i didnt hear wat it has to offer if you dont have Live. I have live but i dont want it to be just me being able to play like in GR. if i have friends over i would like them to play along with me not just watch or take turns. So i was wondering if you could do co-op missions and fun stuff like that on the same xbox.Sorry this thing is so long.;)

CuBaNo
06-17-2003, 12:32 PM
single player has a pretty cool story line, and when u throw a knife it sticks on his head or where ever it landed. and u can cut the emeny while there dead, awsome game i recommend it.

sabca
06-17-2003, 04:52 PM
I thought the single player in SoF II was a random mission generator or something? Or was that just PC? Or have I lost it?

I was looking into the answer to your question of if there's split screen or not, and i couldn't find much of an answer. I THINK there is though, but I'm sure. I hope there is anyway because I also have a bunch of friends and we love to get together and play some multiplayer team games online.

Duke
06-19-2003, 10:07 AM
It is an entirely single player game (unless you're counting live). No co-op at all. Only one on live per xbox.

And there is a single player game made up of diff't missions. Not really a cohesive story from what I've read. I've only played through the 1st mission, so I guess I could be wrong.

There is a random mission generator, but that's just an option.

sports10
06-19-2003, 06:12 PM
thanks for the help boyz.

Agent Sirus
06-23-2003, 03:11 PM
uhh, i just played it yesterday and i have to say this...

*THE video clips -
before the missions are TERRIBLE, I mean I've never seen so little effort put into something that should be easier than the in game stuff. sure, brute force went above and beyond with there awesome CGI video clips, but this stuff was so choppy, literally took me way back to the PS, N64, Dreamcast days.

*In game mission/multiplayer -
didn't seem so bad on the other hand. I don't know if they just ran out money and stopped trying, but even some of the graphics with the in game play weren't great. Prime example would have to be the gas grenades. Like look like a big white cloud with little/no movement like on mario bros. they should have just went with that and drew a dark black line around it. :S The game play played like a FPS nothing really to complain about, but it didn't feel as smooth as others i've played. I think the only thing this game has going for it would be the online/system link capabilities.

*Storyline -
from what I saw sucked bad!

not wasting anymore time - you get the picture

S1RU5

Diddy
06-30-2003, 10:07 AM
I enjoy the game online, single player theres mad glitches and the AI is crap. Some times i get stuck in the ground when i try to move in SP.

I have not found any glitches at all in MP, except maybe guys take like 3 or 4 or even a full clip of sniper rounds, when they instead should only take 2 at max. I dont know but maybe my aim was off when i shot and it only "Looked" like I hit the guy but I find that hard to believe. Maybe I only shot em in like the hands or feet.