PDA

View Full Version : Sneak a peek at the next Oddworld.

Xbox Owner
06-17-2003, 10:51 PM
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/424/424737p1.html

Say goodbye to Munch..say hello to "Steef".

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/oddie.jpg

They also have a movie.

Koopa
06-17-2003, 11:01 PM
well from the very LIMITED info we have ill try to gather some conclusions.....

its not in the oddworld universe, and hopefully its a departure from the very "blah" oddworld 3 (im just taking reviewers' words for it, i never played it)

this steef guy, if in fact that pic at IGN is him
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/steef_061703_299.jpg
looks....well pretty good IMO. He's not too kiddy (Blinx), not too mature (master chief)...hes got a nice mix of badass and lloveable monkey guy....

have we finally found microsoft's mascot?
i for one sure hope so!

thrAsher
06-17-2003, 11:11 PM
Steef is a chicken! A plucked chicken, man! WTF is that?

:huh:

:rofl:

l Maximus l
06-17-2003, 11:22 PM
Looks cool and all...but, what the hell is Steef!? Duck/pigeon/Gimmie Pig/Road Runner?!?!

:D

Koopa
06-17-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
Looks cool and all...but, what the hell is Steef!? Duck/pigeon/Gimmie Pig/Road Runner?!?!

:D

steef is the gorrilla/horse/lion/clint eastwood sketch in my post, NOT those chicken-looking guys.

BunnyRabbit
06-18-2003, 01:52 AM
LOL....Yeah I wish....I wish I was in the Off topic Lounge....

*POOF*

haha buh bye suckers!

Casper
06-18-2003, 06:43 AM
Well, I was looking forward to this, and was hoping to see something at E3 for it, but nothing...good to hear they didn't just drop this idea.

runninutes
06-18-2003, 07:35 AM
In material for Munch's Oddysee (however it's spelled), they said that in the remaining games (three after Munch, if I remember right), they would be introducing new species in Munch and Abe's world. I'm not surprised to see these new guys.

15 minutes later:
OK, now I've read about the announcement and watched the video. Looks like I did remember right - three more games after Munch. I'm sad that both Abe and Munch will be absent from this game, but it looks like Steef will be interesting at the very least. I liked Munch's Oddysee a lot, so I'm really looking forward to the new game.

thrAsher
06-18-2003, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Koopa

steef is the gorrilla/horse/lion/clint eastwood sketch in my post, NOT those chicken-looking guys.

Ohhhh! Steef is the Lion Pimp, I gotcha.

I'll be glad when this one comes out, I love the Oddworld Inhabitants franchise. Two of my favorite games on the PS1 are definitely Abe's Oddyssey and Abe's Exodus. And Munch's was exciting in that it offered more action and a 3D environment while staying true to the puzzle solving format of its predecessors.

RudedogX
06-18-2003, 09:46 AM
That could be a very cool twist on the whole series. I like it!

Brevity
06-18-2003, 10:41 AM
I think it will be great, Cooler had the first one and I played it some. I like the idea atleast.

runninutes
06-18-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by thrAsher
Ohhhh! Steef is the Lion Pimp, I gotcha.

Glad to see I'm not the only one that thought he looked like that.

CALzinger
06-18-2003, 12:53 PM
That guy kinda scares me...

Kraft
06-18-2003, 02:46 PM
Wow, if the quality of that screenshot speaks for the quality of the rest of the visuals, it will definately be a very impressive looking game!

CALzinger
06-18-2003, 03:35 PM
Visually...hell yes.
Let's hope the gameplay can keep up.

Kraft
06-18-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by CALzinger
Visually...hell yes.
Let's hope the gameplay can keep up.

Well, gameplay has always been a staple of the oddworld series. I would be totally shocked to find out the gameplay isn't good in this upcoming title.

CALzinger
06-18-2003, 04:34 PM
I hope they have new fart noises. Those were cool in the old one. And with the same developer, we can't expect anything bad.