PDA

View Full Version : Midtown Madness 3 is averaging 8's!

MixMasta
06-18-2003, 09:09 AM
I went over to Game Rankings to check out how Midtown Madness was doing and to read some of the various reviews from across the net, and its averaging a 79% on Game Rankings. The Xbox Addict review isn't up there yet, but it recieved a 4.5 here, so that will most definitely raise it's average up. Most people are saying that the single player is so-so, while the Live is pretty awesome, and thats what I came to expect from this game. So check out the XBA review and also the other reviews.

http://gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/558597.asp

Xbox Owner
06-18-2003, 11:24 AM
Yeah, I may check this game out. Supposedly, it's the most fun a lot of people have had online.

Variation-XBA
06-18-2003, 01:40 PM
Headin to go rent it....hope they got it in:)

Dyslexic Chaos
06-18-2003, 03:28 PM
i'm buying this game tommorow, and it's good to hear this news!!! Although reviews don't always average how much I will like a game, like with Inside Pitch, everyone says it sucks, but Casper and I both love it.

LynxFX
06-18-2003, 03:31 PM
Just an FYI.

You can get a $10 giftcard by ordering this off of Circuitcity.com. This deal didn't make the weekly deals section. I'm not sure if they will give you the giftcard in the B&M store. You can try though. They have been giving out giftcards for the past month on new releases.

Kraft
06-18-2003, 04:04 PM
I honestly wasn't super impressed with this game at e3. Im sure it would be a different story on the PC where you could model your own car and stuff... that might have swayed stephen's final score a bit since he is a huge Midtown Madness fan. It just seemed too much like racing with crazy taxi for me.

borka105
06-18-2003, 04:56 PM
MM3 is a must buy for any xbox owner.

It's got the best live experience ever.

for example:

there is a lobby system where you can quit a race, go to the lobby, pick a new car and head back into the same game. Plus you can talk to people who are in the game, while you are in the lobby.

I played the hell out of MM1 and MM2 and this one is the best yet. Trust me when I say that MM3 is the must own xbl game this summer!

-borka105

l Maximus l
06-18-2003, 06:09 PM
Midtown Madness 3 doesn't have enough...........bullets :watchout:

runninutes
06-18-2003, 10:00 PM
All of the reviews I've seen talk about how great the Live play is... but only two have mentioned single-player. The XBA review said that you'd probably like it, while the other review that mentioned it said it wasn't very fun.

Would anyone who gets this game please post in here what your impressions of the single-player game are? I'm thinking about getting this game, but broadband isn't really an option at my house yet, so knowing about the Live play doesn't help me much in my decision.

Dyslexic Chaos
06-18-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by borka105
MM3 is a must buy for any xbox owner.

It's got the best live experience ever.

for example:

there is a lobby system where you can quit a race, go to the lobby, pick a new car and head back into the same game. Plus you can talk to people who are in the game, while you are in the lobby.

I played the hell out of MM1 and MM2 and this one is the best yet. Trust me when I say that MM3 is the must own xbl game this summer!

-borka105

Hey man,I'm getting it tommorow, so I'll see you there!!!!!!

Koopa
06-18-2003, 10:17 PM
IGN gave it 8.7...they said if you like LIVE or racing games, buy it!:D

i know what ill be picking up soon!

En7gMa
06-19-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
Midtown Madness 3 doesn't have enough...........bullets :watchout:

I know what you mean, If its not a FPS, then I usually dont like it...Racing games aren't my style, I only liked NFS 2 Hot Pursuit.