PDA

View Full Version : Fable Release?!?

Hammertime
06-18-2003, 09:50 AM
Does anyone have any clue on the release of Fable? It is supposed to come out "When it's done," but I wanted to know if Big Blue Box Studios had said anything even near a ballpark figure. Next year? This Winter? NOW?!?:huh:

thrAsher
06-18-2003, 10:50 AM
I believe the tentative date is January of 2004. As much as I'm fiending like a crackhead for this title, I'd be ok with an early spring release if that's what Blue Box needs to really polish this one up.

runninutes
06-18-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Hammertime
Next year? This Winter? NOW?!?:huh:

"Now" - LOL! Not quite yet - wait for it - wait for it - ... - Now! Can't you just see a video game company doing that? I know I can.

I'm pretty excited about this one too - does anyone read "Real Life" comics? It's a webcomic, and in an old storyline, they used a time machine to go forward in time about 5 years and buy games that weren't out yet, from the bargain bin. They got awesome computers, too, but then when they came back to the present, they had problems with them. They tried to call tech support, but of course, the stuff hadn't been invented yet, so tech support was even less help than usual... Well, the comic is a lot funnier than me telling you about it.

Nameless00
06-18-2003, 12:09 PM
I have a question regarding Fable to, about the tattoos. Does anyone know if you can only get tats on ur face. Because evry screen I have seen of with ppl with tats its on their face as well as their bod, so if u get a tat does it have to be on ur face?

RudedogX
06-18-2003, 12:33 PM
No, the tats can also be on the body. As for when it is supposed to come out, it's been discussed a lot, and the publisher was pretty adament about it coming out around X-Mas of this year.

Dre
06-18-2003, 09:57 PM
Winter 2003. Official, often reconfirmed, straight from the devs, answer.

This game is going to make people buy Xbox's.

SlightlySycho
06-18-2003, 10:02 PM
I think Microsoft is going to push for a Christmas/Fall release. Think about it. What big games does XBox have for it's Christmas season? I can't think of anything off the top of my head. Halo 2 doesn't come out until next year. No matter how good Fable is, I don't think it's sales are going to be as good in March as they would be in December. Big Blue Box may be saying the release date is "When It's Done," but MS will probably decide it's "Done Enough" this November.
:huh:

Shadow20002
06-27-2003, 06:10 PM
Around November or December should be good enough for me. At least i try to get 2 titles for X-mas.

blackiee
06-28-2003, 04:15 PM
sorry guys Fable is not coming out this year. as much as i would want it to come out this year too, so it helps with the sales of xbox just like halo did, it wont be out till March, same time as Halo2. i hope they put everyhting off and work thier butts all night long to get it out before christmas, and if they do, they would be surely rewareded handsomely.
peace out
any one know how i can create a sig?

SlightlySycho
06-28-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by blackiee
sorry guys Fable is not coming out this year. as much as i would want it to come out this year too, so it helps with the sales of xbox just like halo did, it wont be out till March, same time as Halo2. i hope they put everyhting off and work thier butts all night long to get it out before christmas, and if they do, they would be surely rewareded handsomely.
peace out
any one know how i can create a sig? And I still say if the game is playable come November, Microsoft is going to force a Christmas release. They've got to. They have no really huge Christmas titles. They need Fable to come out by December . . . and if some minor gameplay content doesn't make, what of it? Because, quite frankly, Fable just isn't going to make the sales in March it would at Christmas-time.

TuffEagle88
07-15-2003, 04:18 PM
At XBOX.com it says it is still due to be released in winter of this year (it is still 2003 right?)

The only other game that is gonna do well ANYWHERE NEAR Christmas (imo) is Rainbow Six 3- another one I've gotta have.