PDA

View Full Version : Microshaft blows it again....

ride
12-10-2001, 05:58 PM
More news from the "Xbox Tech Support" front.....

Early last week I sent my XB back to microshaft to be "fixed" (it was crashing all the time, if it had a BSOD I would have seen it)

They say they'll have it back to me in 5-7 days (what do I do till then?!?!?!?!?)

6 days later, I come home to find my glorious microsoft mind numbing device has returned!!! I am so happy, now I have something to do!!!

To my DISMAY my XB is more broken than when I sent it in, things all rattling around inside (SCREWS!!!!) my XB that was supposed to be fixed is unusable, so I call microshaft back and they tell me all they can do is have me send it back AGAIN!!!!! more boredom!!

Of course MS says "it must've happened during shipping..." NOT!
I know what a hard drive screw looks like when I see one!

I say they need to allow all of us who spend our lives ALREADY fixing all of MS's products to fix our own XB's too, why not, I know I would've remembered to put the screws I just took out back in.

Don't get me wrong, I love playing my XBOX, and didn't know what to do with myself while it was gone, but I did not buy the thing to play tag with the MS tech support weenies, I bought it to play, which I am not doing alot of right now, so if you must send you console back to MS for ANY reason, fully check it out before you plug it back in, if I had plugged mine in today, I'm sure it would've shorted out and fried.

REMEMBER, THE XBOX IS A MICROSOFT PRODUCT, AS SUCH WE ALL SHOULD BE EXPECTING NO BETTER THAN THEIR OTHER PRODUCTS (which doesn't make _me_ feel any better)

ShannonX
12-10-2001, 07:47 PM
thats why myself and half the other people that bought the xbox got prp's :D We dont have to send back to MS, we just take it back to our stores and as soon as a NEW one comes in, we get one.

batman46st
12-10-2001, 07:54 PM
I THANK GOD FORA LOT OF **** IN MY LIFE, ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS IS THAT MY X IS ALRIIIIIIIGHT.

smack119
12-10-2001, 08:07 PM
why would use send it to MS anyway?? just return it to the store and get a new one

bbchs_trash
12-10-2001, 08:15 PM
Smash just ****ed me off more than anyone all day. Just wondering but didn't you notice that launch was a month ago, a lot longer than 10 days like EB offers. So if your X-Box screws up after the 10 days you are required to send it to Microsoft, meaning you get this **** happening all over. So I'm glad to here that you either just now purchased your X-box like a pansy, or you bought a nifty warrenty that many of us couldn't afford after blowing $500 on a brand spanking new X-box pre-order bundle!

smack119
12-10-2001, 08:38 PM
get the name right..... and everyplace i got to has a 30 or 45 day return policey. you spent $500 on a bundle and couldnt spend an extra 40?? if i was in the situation i would buy a new xbox, and use the new reciept to return the old one and get my money back

smack119
12-10-2001, 08:39 PM
by the way i got my xbox on launch day from media play and it hasnt given me a problem yet

gód
12-11-2001, 02:25 AM
hahahahaha thats quite funny sense im playing mine right now goin 100 on project gotham racing

Imported
12-11-2001, 08:54 AM
Is MicroSoft unionized?

Plewis
12-11-2001, 09:29 AM
I'm so glad that mine didn't mess up. I got mine the sunday after the launch at Circuit City.

ride
12-11-2001, 10:41 AM
Why would I take my 500$ XB back to the store to get a "new" one I WANT ONE THAT ******* WORKS!

The thing that really ticks me off, is that MS can't even send me back one that is put back together right.

but hey, at least they didn't format the HD again....

And my spelling of microshaft is correct, since I can't use the proper name in this family forum!

You guys may want to deal with playing tag with MS and the Stores selling the XB's, I for one think that that if MS has spent so much time and $ on the XB (and winblowz too, for that matter) the thing should work OUT OF THE BOX.

they are microshaft after all....

and I'll whip you ALL in HALO, bring it on!!!!!

-e

l Maximus l
12-11-2001, 11:50 AM
Why is it that whenever we get a brand new member, all they do is sit here and bash the most innovative system on the planet?

Anyway, just a thought.

But, seriously, like any consumer product, there are bound to be "lemons" out there meaning that not every system will be flawless. Not to rub things in, but, last Saturday, one of my buddies and I played Halo for 11 hours straight and my XBox didn't even perform the smallest glitch! So, Ride, you must have received a "lemon" or you are just one of those candy ass newbies that do nothing but complain. I hope it's the case that you just have a "lemon".

Just get a new one...and, by the way, it's "MICROSOFT". If you can make something better than they can, by all means, get out there and do it.

smack119
12-11-2001, 03:07 PM
seriously ever person that says their xbox is messed up always has like 1 or 2 posts. im think they dont even have an xbox. they bought a gamecube or something and now want to make that thing look better. find me someone with over 100 post who's xbox is broke.... or over 75 for that matter....

Imported
12-11-2001, 04:34 PM
There probably just Xbox bashing. You can easily pick out the children in forums.

CBR900rr
12-12-2001, 12:16 AM
I LOVE my XBOX, but I am on my 3rd one already...

#1 was a sealed box and had no AC cord in the box, I played it for 24hrs with a stereo cable, then returned it.

#2 Was a wierd one, had to set the clock every single time I powered it up. Had a bad cmos battery I am guessing.

#3 working good so far, although the power cord and box are slightly different than #2 XBOX were.

Gonna go back to Best Buy this week and purchase the extended warrant for $40, it covers everything for a full 2 years.

That way I can return my used system in 2 years and get a brand new one ;)

Hugh_Jass
12-12-2001, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Maximus
Why is it that whenever we get a brand new member, all they do is sit here and bash the most innovative system on the planet?

I've given this some thought and I think it's because people who are having problems often turn to the net to seek solutions or determine if the problems are widespread. Sometimes they just want to vent their frustrations. I know I'd be pretty frustrated if my XBOX broke because I spent 18 months being excited to get it and I've played it nearly every day since launch.

batman46st
12-12-2001, 10:31 AM
well thats why god made return programs so if u do have a bad system u could go trade it in... (if u dont know that your just stupid) they reallly shouldnt cry about it much just put the bad one back in the box and walk,drive, w.e and just get to the store and return.(personaly my xbox no problems since 11/15 till ???? and most likly it wont ever go bad on me... (people should know how to take care of their xboxes)... ive seen way to many cases (i know people that work at toysrus) of people who have droped there gaming systems going home and then want to blame it on sony,sega. n now microsoft.. (if you are a clumsy idiot please sign up for one of the plans where if your system f***ks up u could get a brand new one) thats the best help i could give i myself put mine under warranty store and microsoft. if u care youll spend the extra bucks for a system youll probably spend countless money on...(if i sounded BOLD im sorry but i hate people who always want to blame the xbox for there mistakes only god is perfect ther're bound to be a few bad ones, it happened to me with the dreamcast and i returned it u know wat i didnt complain about sega being horrible or anything i just went returned and got a new one....

(stop! bashing the xbox)

l Maximus l
12-12-2001, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass

I've given this some thought and I think it's because people who are having problems often turn to the net to seek solutions or determine if the problems are widespread. Sometimes they just want to vent their frustrations. I know I'd be pretty frustrated if my XBOX broke because I spent 18 months being excited to get it and I've played it nearly every day since launch.

Quite understandable, Hugh...but, if you think about it, if all of these problems are happening to people that are very new to the forums, how is it that all of us regulars who play our XBoxes for hours on end don't even have the tiniest of glitches?

Last Saturday, I had a friend come over and we played Halo for eleven straight hours...my XBox didn't even flicker :D

ride
12-12-2001, 11:28 AM
MAXIMUS: How come whenever someone has a different view on something they are "bashing" it?
and the night I got my XBox _I_ played HALO for at least that long, "without a glitch" too, it was only after about 8-9 days of playing that it started freaking out.
I did get a new one, it hasn't done anything weird yet, and I removed the screw in the old one and fired it up, it seems fine, multiplayer full-screen HALO all the way... so I dont know what MICROSOFT did but they seemed to have fixed something irregardless of the screw issue.

I never said that the XBox wasn't innovative, I think the thing is the best console out today, I love playing it it's all I do in my off time.

batman46st: oh and no ****ing ***t you can return things...
and buy extended warranties, I'm sure my extended warranty just went into effect (I didn't get a chance to send it in before things went haywire), and does that nick mean that your 46 and straight?

and thank you HUGH_JASS my sentiments exactly, there are intelligent ppl in this forum!

smack119: go do some more and shut up, ever heard of a job?

I may have been a little harsh on 'ole Bill, but wouldn't you be kinda ticked if you got your XBox back from microsoft, who was fixing it, and it had screws bouncing around inside it when you got it back?
What I really can't belive is that everyone in here is mad at me because I am venting about a crappy experience I had with my XBox and trying to let people know that there may some issues with the thing, and no one, NO ONE has asked why or how it happened or what led up to it, etc.. etc... so that maybe we could see if this was a widespread problem or just one "lemon".

ride
12-12-2001, 11:37 AM

Quite understandable, Hugh...but, if you think about it, if all of these problems are happening to people that are very new to the forums, how is it that all of us regulars who play our XBoxes for hours on end don't even have the tiniest of glitches?

Last Saturday, I had a friend come over and we played Halo for eleven straight hours...my XBox didn't even flicker :D

may be we're too busy working and playing our XBox's to sit on the internet all day.

l Maximus l
12-12-2001, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by ride
MAXIMUS: How come whenever someone has a different view on something they are "bashing" it?
and the night I got my XBox _I_ played HALO for at least that long, "without a glitch" too, it was only after about 8-9 days of playing that it started freaking out.
I did get a new one, it hasn't done anything weird yet, and I removed the screw in the old one and fired it up, it seems fine, multiplayer full-screen HALO all the way... so I dont know what MICROSOFT did but they seemed to have fixed something irregardless of the screw issue.

I never said that the XBox wasn't innovative, I think the thing is the best console out today, I love playing it it's all I do in my off time.

batman46st: oh and no ****ing ***t you can return things...
and buy extended warranties, I'm sure my extended warranty just went into effect (I didn't get a chance to send it in before things went haywire), and does that nick mean that your 46 and straight?

and thank you HUGH_JASS my sentiments exactly, there are intelligent ppl in this forum!

smack119: go do some more and shut up, ever heard of a job?

I may have been a little harsh on 'ole Bill, but wouldn't you be kinda ticked if you got your XBox back from microsoft, who was fixing it, and it had screws bouncing around inside it when you got it back?
What I really can't belive is that everyone in here is mad at me because I am venting about a crappy experience I had with my XBox and trying to let people know that there may some issues with the thing, and no one, NO ONE has asked why or how it happened or what led up to it, etc.. etc... so that maybe we could see if this was a widespread problem or just one "lemon".

Ride, please keep in mind that we get a lot of newbies in here that are nothing more than anti-Microsoft people...Admittingly, you were perceived that way (the word "Microshaft" certainly didn't help). All we have seen are a bunch of people that are simply contentious towards the XBox since they have already blown their money on a PoS2 and can't afford one, therefore, they are against it.

I admit, it would really suck rocks to fork out $300 for a console that broke on you shortly after, of course. Completely understandable...Keep in mind I never accused you of bashing the XBox, but I did, as I just explained, suggested that it is possible that you are anti-Microsoft because of the "Microshaft" comment.

If you don't mind me asking, when did you first notice it? Also, how often do you mobilize your XBox? Are you handling it carefully or did you accidentally bump it into something? I understand that you are a little upset about the thing and I see that you are a little angry due to the fact that know one has asked you what led you up to this point...but, quite honestly, I don't know what to ask exactly. So, instead, here is the open-ended question: What do you think possibly happened that caused a screw or two to be loosened up?

batman46st
12-12-2001, 11:45 AM
listen man one i wasnt refering at you but if u took it that way oh well.. 2nd i put that in the forum ... im trying to give people the options they could use with there xboxes so they dont have to go and ship it to microsoft n they could just get a new one it be the smarter thing to do ... .3rd (i never said ride! your stupid if u dont know that) so there was no need to go and say does that stand for 46 and straight(by the way corny comment)... but ill leave it that cause we're all xbox brother and sisters in here we should all help each other.. however just wanted to let u know the comment wasnt needed...... unless your one of the idiots that droped the system cause it was too heavy n wanna blame the company for "sending it to u that way" "or the store doing it" i then my reply has nothing to do with u.. so lata

smack119
12-12-2001, 11:48 AM
go do somemore and shut up??? what the hell does that mean? as for a job i have one and go to college too. it just so happens that my job is sitting around doing whatever i want, whether it be reading this forum, playing xbox, or watching tv.....so **** off

Hugh_Jass
12-12-2001, 12:01 PM

I'm just saying that maybe people don't think about seeking an XBOX forum until their XBOX breaks and they need help or want more information.

Maybe us regulars were just lucky. Or maybe we're all forgiving fanboys who wouldn't think of breathing a harsh word against Microsoft or XBOX. ;)

Maybe I'm naive but I don't think everyone who claims to have a broken XBOX is really a PS2 or GC fanboy in disguise. Anybody who poses as a dissatisfied XBOX owner in an attempt to sow the seeds of doubt within potential buyers must be REALLY afraid of the XBOX juggernaught. I believe PS2 fanboys are generally secure in their numbers and titles available to worry about its future. Nintendo fanboys are buying into the franchise. If you want Nintendo first-party games then GC is the only place you'll find them. Even Bill Gates can't change that unless Nintendo becomes another SEGA. I don't think that is going to happen any time soon.

I KNOW that XBOX is the best console on the planet. No PS2 or GC fanboys can change my convictions regardless what they say. When I see them spouting off about...whatever...it doesn't ruffle my feathers in the least. The best defense is just to ignore them. If they can't get a rise out of us they'll get bored and stop coming here.

peejay2288
08-13-2002, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by gód
hahahahaha thats quite funny sense im playing mine right now goin 100 on project gotham racing

why did he name himself God?

ride
08-13-2002, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by smack119
...find me someone with over 100 post who's xbox is broke.... or over 75 for that matter....

ppl with that many post probably don't play thier XB's enough to notice things like this.

Maximus-XBA
...suggested that it is possible that you are anti-Microsoft because of the "Microshaft" comment.

..and PROUD of it.

Update Aug 13 2002

you know what you guys?, after all this I still play my XB's all the time, I still HATE M$, and I still deal with my one XB getting 'dirty disc' errors, on every game (and its getting worse), but the XB the M$ 'fixed' still works fine to this day ('cept with Morrowind). I have given up calling M$, I plan on fixing these things myself (as soon as my buddy sells me HIS XB :) )