PDA

View Full Version : Who gets the OXM a week early

SoccerCJM77
06-19-2003, 06:35 PM
Anyone that gets the OXM early can you please tell me the demo's and the news articles. Thanks

Shadow20002
06-19-2003, 09:01 PM
Are you mean about the July's issue ?? All i know about it's they gonna have Kola Cell !! :p

JR Alberda
06-19-2003, 09:18 PM
Cite, ya i got it a while back now. Its got NBA street v2, Gladius, Inside Pitch 2003, and Jurassic Park on the disc. News includes Fable, Return of the King, Full spectrum warrior, splinter cell sequel news, counterstrike, a bunch of previews, some are good.

Xbox Owner
06-19-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by JR Alberda
Cite, ya i got it a while back now. Its got NBA street v2, Gladius, Inside Pitch 2003, and Jurassic Park on the disc. News includes Fable, Return of the King, Full spectrum warrior, splinter cell sequel news, counterstrike, a bunch of previews, some are good.

Hey, how is that Jurassic Park game? It does seem kind of fun, and I heard it was too..

Youko
06-19-2003, 11:44 PM
hmmmm doesnt look like this issue is going to be to goodie filled :cry:

cept for the fable information

CrazyCougar
06-20-2003, 01:41 AM
Man I thought he was talking about the next issue of OXM. I got this issue we are discussing around May 25 or so. Should be getting the newest mag next week sometime.

SoccerCJM77
06-20-2003, 07:46 AM
Yea I'm talking about the next OXM. I already got the one with Gladius and Jurrassic Park. Jp is cool and I don't think Gladuis is that great;)

RudedogX
06-20-2003, 08:13 AM
Yeah, Gladius was kind of disappointing.

Youko
06-20-2003, 09:49 AM
yea gladius totally sucked man.....in my opinion i thought it was going to be good, they should not have realesed a demo

JR Alberda
06-20-2003, 03:01 PM
Are you mean about the July's issue ?? All i know about it's they gonna have Kola Cell !!

That was the July issue, I thought that most people would have it already. Not sure about the next one.

runninutes
06-23-2003, 08:30 AM
That Gladius demo blew huge chunks. I sat down and tried to play it... it took 5 to 10 minutes just to get to a point where I had control over the game, and then, it wouldn't let me do anything. Maybe if I'd read more in the magazine or something, I would have been able to find my way into some actual "game," but they should know that the average gamer is going to just throw the disk in and hit Start. Confusing interfaces = frustrated gamers = low sales.

Unreal
06-23-2003, 03:50 PM
I can't wait for the next issue either. It also has ToeJam & Earl III downloadable content on it. :D

Knight
06-23-2003, 06:45 PM
I got my OXM with Starcraft Ghost on the cover today.

The Aug issue. :cool:

borka105
06-23-2003, 07:20 PM
since KNIGHT obviously doesn't get it!

here you go guys:

**new Oxm*** *read* (Post #1)
Cover: StarCraft Ghost

ONLY ON XBOX:
-Grabbed by the Ghoulies

FEATURES:
-StarCraft Ghost
-200 Hot Xbox games

RUMOR MOLE:
-Vice City and GTA3 on Xbox this year! (both bundled together maybe)
-Half-Life 2, Closer than you think (possible christmast release)
-Matrix Revolutions
-Overheard (Fable 2 already being worked on, and same with Deus EX III, etc).

PREVIEWS:
-Advent Rising
-Alias
-Armed & Dangerous
-Beyond Good and Evil
-Memorick and teh Apprentice Knight
-Mission Impossible: Operation Surma
-Ninja Gaiden
-Project Gotham Racing 2
-Rainbow Six 3
-Spiderman 2
-SSX 3
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
-Tony Hawk Underground
-Voodoo Vince
-X-men Legends

REVIEWS:
-Brute Force 8.0
-Enter the Matrix 6.2
-The Hulk 7.9
-Mace Griffin: the Bounty Hunter 7.8
-Midnight Club II 9.3
-Midtown Madness 3 8.9
-Review Roundup
-Wakeboarding Unleashed 9.0

EXTENDED PLAY:
-Jurrassik Park: Operation Genocide
-Burnout 2 MAXIMUM DESTRUCTION GUIDE
-Official Xbox Challenges

DISC:

PLAYABLE:
-Mace Griffin
-Ghost Recon ISLAND THUNDER
-Soldier of Fortune 2: Double Helix

FEATURES:
-Alter Echo
-Enter The Matrix
-Halo 2
-Midtown Madness 3
-Top 10 Plays

VIDEO SHOWCASE:
-Alter Echo
-Armed and Dangerous
-Baulders Gate Dark Alliance 2
-Midtown Madness 3
-Return To Castle Wlfenstein: Tides of War

-borka105

Viper87227
06-24-2003, 01:15 AM
I got this yesturday. I am really happy with the demos on this disk. While there are not many....they were very helpfull.

I always thought SOF2 would be terrific, but then it got low reviews and I was like eh....i dunno if i want to buy it. The demo helped in that decision, as its an ok game...but ill wiat for a price drop since i dont have live.

GR was of course awesome, but its more of the same thing. The only differences I noticed were smoother animations, and your guys run and straff a bit faster. That to me is something thats a huge impovment, just coz it doest make going form area to area so long and tedious. Also, im sure it will kick up multiplayer a bit.

And the Mace Griffin was the most helpful demo of all. Three days ago, when someone asked me what i though of this game id say "Never seen it, but it sounds geh, I wont bother picking it up". Now that ive played the demo i'd say "This is possably one of the best FPS games ive ever played, and the flight stuff only makes it better. A must own!"

There were also alot of nice previews in this magazine...and as you can see thanks to borka, the reviews werent lacking either. Also the big release thing is very cool. I did notice tho MotoGP2 is listed as a winter release, which is odd since it came out about a month ago :huh:

DeathKnightMaF
06-24-2003, 01:46 PM
I just got mine in the mail today.

What I want to know is where the hell is Kola Cell???!!!! They were supposed to have it and they keep putting it off. Now they say it's going to be on the next disc which will be the Sept. issue. Wouldn't be surprised if they put it off again :eek:

SoccerCJM77
06-25-2003, 08:48 AM
I know what is up with that. THey have the one page at the end it it says that it will be on there for sure. And also future guy said it would be on. That thing is about 30% right of the time:cuss:

treyz3
06-25-2003, 09:49 AM
Well, at least you guys get discs. I haven't gotten a disc with my magazine yet. I have to fill out their stupid form and wait a couple of weeks to get an out-of-date disc.

jabrre
06-25-2003, 03:02 PM
It was disappointing reading that there was a technical problem for OXM not getting the "downloadable" content in their August OXM disc (Page 13). Its okay for me, however. I am too busy buying XBOX games to replace my PS2 collection (games that are multi console). I hadnt played any PS2 games in months thanks to my Halo, Unreal Championship, and other XBOX games. So, I tried playing PS2 again and I couldnt stand it. I am so used to the XBOX controller and the excellent games of the BOX that I just had to do what I had to do: disconnect my PS2 and put it in the closet!

I do still have my GameCube as well as my XBOX connected to an old TV (its so old, I need RF adapters!). However, the XBOX is getting more play than the Cube these days. The PS2 was bound to get put in the closet eventually anyways.

SoccerCJM77
06-25-2003, 04:44 PM
It sucks that I haven't got my OXM yet. I been waiting forever. It better come tomorrow or else:argue1:

Shadow20002
06-25-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by borka105

-Overheard (Fable 2 already being worked on, and same with Deus EX III, etc).

Let me...Bwuahhahahahahaha !! How that could be...i can't hold myself about that. But think it seriously, the first one is not even out yet or have any release date so a sequel is in the works ? akakakakkakakakak !! Sorry in the situation of hehe you know, i love you BigblueBox but release it before announce something really make us cunfusing !! :p

Particleman
07-09-2003, 12:08 PM
I want my magazine lol

SoccerCJM77
07-10-2003, 11:03 AM
I got my magazine the august magazine better be good because they said that they have some good Halo 2 footage

runninutes
07-10-2003, 01:15 PM
Just something that might be helpful to know - you can go to oxm's website and log in to find out when your subscription runs out.