PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex 2: Invisible War

Youko
06-20-2003, 09:55 AM
http://www.deusex.com/

I dont know about you guys but i cant wait for this game i had the first one on ps2 and i loved it....what are your thoughts about this game?

thrAsher
06-20-2003, 10:02 AM
Deus Ex is gonna be great, especially if you can disable that annoying H.U.D.!

Knight
06-20-2003, 10:19 AM
I have it on preorder. I wish they would stop delaying all of the games I'm waiting on. :cuss:

KiCkz
06-20-2003, 01:07 PM
:watchout:

Shadow20002
06-20-2003, 02:15 PM
I don't know but i got a feeling isn't coming in the date we wish for...maybe around in late of 2003 should be more precise. :o

Arrakis44
06-20-2003, 02:21 PM
The annoying HUD? Are u talking about the wierd 'Fish eye' thing? I read an article in Edge magazine that the developer wanted to have that design in the original game - but ran out of time. His reasoning is that its meant to be superimposed straight onto the characters eyeball, therefore i gets distorted at the top and bottom. It sounded cool, but now that i've seen the screens, it looks a little 'off'.

I'm still really lookin forward to this game, i had the first on the PC.
I played through like a dozen times, trying out different skills, and different ways to do stuff. Apparently alot of people who bought the original didnt complete it, claiming that it was "Too long". Oh well, theres no pleasing everyone!

runninutes
06-23-2003, 08:27 AM
No pleasing everyone? True, dat!

I've said it elsewhere, but I actually like games to be a bit shorter than most people, because I travel, and don't have a ton of time to play games on the weekends. It took me literally weeks to finish Enter the Matrix.

It actually took me around nine months to finish Half-Life on PC, if I remember right. It was long enough that I got tired of playing and had to put it away for a while. I did end up finishing, but I just got Deus Ex on PS2, and if it's as long as it sounds like... I'm in for another nine months. At least I can feel good that I'm spending the time on quality games.

Arrakis44
06-23-2003, 02:17 PM
If you had to put Half Life away for a while, then you'll probably be putting Dues Ex back on the shelf aswell. I havnt played the PS2 version, i assume its the same as the PC, if it is then its longer than HL.