PDA

View Full Version : Project Gotham

Quake897
06-12-2001, 09:34 PM
I remembered a few weeks ago I said that Getaway, and Gran Turismo 3 look better than any X-BOX racer, well I admit I was wrong. Today I checked out a video of the game which showed the Ferrari F-355 F1 driven through New York's famous Time Square, with real-time lightining of the whole course. Oh the detail, everything from the tires of the car to the the NASDAQ stock billboards are correct. Not only that but the cars will feature real-time damage (you should of seen what was left of the $150,000 auto). I just hope the Kudos system works better than it did in MSR (DC). I also hope that they include some great cars (fo far I've only seen the TVR Tuscan Speed Six, Chevrolet Corvette ZO6, and the Ferrari F-355 F1). Come November and we'll be racing some of the greatest through cities such as New York, San Francisco, London, and Tokyo.
Kudos!

bonemarrow
06-17-2001, 02:35 PM
i woz wathcing ppl playing gt3 in EB yesterday, the grapghics are good but not like xbox racers like gotham and that 4x4 2 game

WWF
06-17-2001, 02:56 PM
Project Gotham looks the best to me. I saw the guy playing it at the Extreme Event.

Caligari
06-18-2001, 03:33 PM
Although I admit that Project Gotham looks really good, can´t help but to say that the game play is going to be boring. I am saying this because I own Metropolis street Racer (Project Gotham is short of a port of MSR)and is fkng boring. Sure graphics are great but believe me the Kudos system ain´t working for me or any of my friends. If I want to win a race I will do it my style, don´t need the cpu telling me if I turn in a fashionable way to win the next race. After the 34th race this game turns boring boring. And I say the 34th race cause this game has like 250 races. The first 10 races you enjoy the game because of the graphic, but you are already annoyed cause the CPU has´nt give you enough Kudos to advance to the next races, even If I won all the races. then you will play till you realized the game is not going to change to the better(34th race).

WHEN A GAME OF SUCH characteristics ,like incredible detailed city streets, you want to ROAM FREELY through the streets ala DRIVER or MIDTOWNMADNESS, threating pedestrians and ignoring traffic lights, and of course be chaised by COPS. AND THis ain´t happening in P.G. . So we all XBOX ADDICTS may want to pray our Lord that TestDrive and GTA3 turns really good. Although non of this games can compare of what a PS2 game like The Getaway is going to deliver, incredible graphics included.

Finally I wish that the developers of P.G. listen to my prays and gets ridoff the kudos and the closed city tracks.

Quake897
06-18-2001, 10:48 PM
Caligari I know how you feel, I too own MSR for DC, and yes the Kudos system sucks really bad. But hopefully Bizzare will be smart enough to improve it (hint-hint). So far it sounds ok cause you get Kudos for doing 2 wheelies and ****. But if you lose them by barely scraping a wall, then yes I'd like to play either of the entertaining racing games: Gran Turismo 3 (don't get me wrong this game kicks F*cking ass), and Twisted Metal Black (get this one if you got a PS2!). While X-BOX is good, I still have my bets on the PS2. Games like Final Fantasy, Chrono Trogger 3, Gran Turismo Online, Twisted Metal Online, Tribes 2 (online), Metal Gear Solid 2, Onimusha 2, Resident Evil 4, and others like them will be hard to beat. I am looking forward to Dino Crisis 3 on X-BOX, but games like HALO need a keyboard, thus need to be on PC, PS2, and DC (which all support keyboard and a mouse+a broadband modem). Dont get me wrong I will get an X-BOX though. But so far the software is good, just not up there with PS2. Hopefully this will change. If any of you played GT3, TMB, and MGS2 you know what I mean!