PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P Dreamcast...

Tempest87X
12-10-2001, 08:06 PM
We shoud all pay respects to one of the best game consoles ever.(imo) It had some of the best games. it could run linux, mIRC, play vcds, and heck it could even run like 10+ consoles on it (emulators). And now all us with xbox get to rejoice with sega games on xbox.DC probably will die off soon. Its price only 50$. Some games under 10$ look (http://boards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=15432336&replies=23)
So post what you thought of dreamcast and what sega games you are looking forward to on xbox!

dronezero
12-10-2001, 08:20 PM
I'm with you. The Dreamcast was probably the best console I ever owned. Only on a SEGA system could you find such games as Seaman. Some of my favorite games were:

Sonic Adventure
Crazy Taxi (the first one),
Shenmue (the second of the series is my most anticipated on the xbox next to Project Ego),
Skies of Arcadia,
Seaman (a very cool game though some what annoying),
Phantasy Star Online,
Jet Set Radio,
NBA and NFL 2K..., and
Soul Calibur.

And those are just the ones off the top of my head I am sure I am missing some big ones. These are all classics.

batman46st
12-10-2001, 08:22 PM
POOR DREAMCAST I THOUGHT IT WAS BETTER THAN PS2 TILL IT CRASHED ON ME ONE TO MANY TIMES.......ARE THEY MAKING SONIC ILL PROBABLY WANT TO BUY THAT. NBA 2K2 IS ON MY LIST
N WATEVER ELSE IS THERE.... WATEVER ELSE COMES OUT THAT I FORGET RIGHT NOW. ILL BUY

Tempest87X
12-10-2001, 09:00 PM
Go to best buy and you can buy almost all the old dc games for 10 bucks. like jet grind radio (sweet).

JeremyX
12-11-2001, 01:21 AM
Anyone who realizeses that the Dreamcast was one of the best consules ever has gained a lot of respect from me. They had the stongest First Party support. I'm also glad to know that I'm not the only one who has played Seaman! (dronezero) I honestly thought that it was better than PS2.

Kudos to Tempest87X for starting this thread. Everyone who feels the same should post and make your voice heard so that those who don't know can see what we mean.

If there is anything good from the death of the Dreamcast. it's that I can now get games dirt cheap. Support Sega and by their games. Be it for the Dreamcast, Xbox, PS2 or Gamecube!

EthanQT
12-11-2001, 11:11 AM
Dronezero,

Abu-Jamal is a convicted killer and he'll rotten in hell!

l Maximus l
12-11-2001, 11:39 AM
I agree...the Dreamcast deserves some respect eventhough it crashed and burned by the competition. Sega has, without a shadow of doubt, some of the best game programmers known to the gaming world and we are blessed with the fact that many of them are making games for the XBox! Expect 2002 to be a great year!

The only quom I have about the DC is that it was kind of loud. My XBox purs compared to the loud ass DC...but, the game quality and system quality made up for this minor detail. Now, everyone, don't bash me as I stated that this is minor compared to the overall system. There are far more positive things about the DC than there are with this one negative.

I used to be heavily into Sports games a long time ago...and because many consoles over time started created crappy sports games, I was heavily disappointed about playing this genre....but, until the DC came out, it got me right back in the Sports games...like NFL 2K2...amazing game! Because of that game, I am heavily into the sports games...Now, I own Fever on the XBox...beautiful game...one of my favorites :) So, thanks to DC, I would have never bought Fever or even cared to know about it. The DC has done a lot of good things for us gaming consumers...so a big thumb up to Sega :D

xboxlover
12-11-2001, 12:18 PM
I hope there is gonna be a true sequel to pso on the xbox an a few fitures i would like to see in it and am sure the xbox xould handle this stuff so here goes i would like to see the ammount of people that were in the lobbies in like the forest if u know wat i mean like not restrictin it to four but fourty-four and i would like it to be free roamin as in not a set course like a huge open field typo thing with a more advanced battle system full of back flips an sh.it and think those little things would make it grrrrrreat.

l Maximus l
12-11-2001, 12:30 PM
:confused:

Tempest87X
12-11-2001, 07:45 PM
bump.
If you have a cd burner and dc.
Head over to dcemulation.com
Check out how much they've done with dc.