PDA

View Full Version : Dakar 2 is out !

Shadow20002
06-21-2003, 01:48 AM
Dakar 2 Ships

Racing full speed through the world's most treacherous and desolate lands, Acclaim Entertainment, Inc., today announced that it has shipped Dakar 2: The World's Ultimate Rally for the Xbox video game system from Microsoft. A rough-and-tumble ride through 7,000 miles of the most turbulent environments in the world, Dakar 2: The World's Ultimate Rally offers high-speed arcade action that captures the thrill of the famous Paris-Dakar Rally. Players can choose from a vast assortment of licensed trucks, cars and motorcycles, as they compete against other drivers and nature's elements that block their path to victory.
"Competitors in the real Paris Dakar Rally put their lives on the line every year in an effort to gain off-road rally supremacy," said Ben Fischbach, Brand Director for Acclaim Entertainment, Inc. "Dakar 2: The World's Ultimate Rally captures all of the adrenaline-infused elements of this death-defying race, and enables gamers to experience it from the safety of their own homes."

Dakar 2 features:

- Fully updated licensed vehicle roster for 2003 -- monstrous trucks, predatory cars and lightning-quick motorcycles;

- All new level of environmental interaction, including crazed spectators, wild animals, dangerous explosives and more;

- 12 massive interactive environments, including quaint French villas, dense Moroccan forests and vast African deserts;

- Arcade rally action, featuring tighter controls, faster cars and more traffic;

- Customizable vehicle types, allowing players to alter their vehicle's suspension, tires and more to create the ultimate off road racing machine;

- Real-time vehicle damage that will affect the performance of players' vehicles, including smashed windshields, broken axles and crushed chassis.

Source: Xboxgamers Dot Com

Xbox Owner
06-22-2003, 01:39 AM
I noticed this game about two weeks ago for the first time..not much hype, but the graphics look pretty nice. Take a look..

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/news/09/20/dakar_screen008.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/news/09/20/dakar_screen003.jpg
Wanna see more? Click here. (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/driving/dakar2/screenindex.html)

Dyslexic Chaos
06-22-2003, 01:50 AM
looks pretty sweet man, I may just have to rent it. Although it is from Acclaim, and I haven't like an acclaim game since Maximum Carnage for the Genesis.

Edit: N/M, Dave Mirra 2 was pretty awesome as well.

Shadow20002
06-22-2003, 01:58 PM
Yeah, screenshots look nice but what about the gameplay ? My local blockbuster haven't this one yet, need to wait. :eek:

Viper87227
06-22-2003, 04:35 PM
im a bit shakey aoubt getting this game. The first game was worse than mutant poo. But the reason i still concider is maybe for once acclaim learned from there mistakes and general waste of money. Also, the games grafix do look nice. Most importantly, it has KTM :D I wait for reviews and pray for an OXM demo...but its almost inevitable that ill pick this up