PDA

View Full Version : Brute Force really burn the street

Shadow20002
06-21-2003, 01:51 AM
Brute Force Breaking Sales Records

Microsoft Game Studios announced today that Brute Force has broken many sales records from the first day out and the first week out sales. Never though it was possible to break the Halo sales record.

Microsoft Game Studios today announced that the team-based tactical shooter "Brute Force" is off to an amazing start at retailers across North America. "Brute Force" achieved the largest first day sell-through of any Xbox title in national retail chain Gamestop's history. The week following the launch of "Brute Force" was also the biggest first week of sales for any Microsoft Game Studios Xbox title since launch, even trumping Halo's first week.

Source: Xboxgaming Dot Com
==============================================

Now, don't trust any sites or magazines that lie to you, the fact is here: Brute Force is what you need for your Xbox. :p

l Maximus l
06-21-2003, 02:22 AM
I agree...the game is solid. Is it perfect? No...but, it's definately a must buy if you like shooters.

Pretty interesting how it beat Halo, though! It won't beat Halo 2 :D

Variation-XBA
06-21-2003, 03:28 AM
Does the halo that comes with consoles now count as those #s?

rotting
06-21-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
I agree...the game is solid. Is it perfect? No...but, it's definately a must buy if you like shooters.

Pretty interesting how it beat Halo, though! It won't beat Halo 2 :D

Wouldn't this game be expected to sell more than Halo? Halo was a launch title. 1.5 years of console sales should be worth taking into consideration.

Dyslexic Chaos
06-22-2003, 01:42 AM
You beat me to the point man. Yeah, there are alot more Xboxs out there now then there were at launch. Also, I think Gamestop had a deal like 10 bucks off if you pre-ordered or something...? Correct me if im wrong, I dont live in the US, so...

Xbox Owner
06-22-2003, 01:45 AM
I find it kind of stupid for them to tell us how good it sold, without actually telling us how much it sold, lol. Does anyone know where the sales figures are?

Anyway, this is great news. Haven't picked this game up..and I probably won't. Looks good, but I'm not in need for a new game..just bought MM3. I do have money, maybe once it lowers a bit I'll buy it. I was going to rent it when it first came out, but nooooooo...but blockbuster doesn't want to carry it..just like almost every other Xbox game.:cuss:

Dyslexic Chaos
06-22-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Xbox Owner
I find it kind of stupid for them to tell us how good it sold, without actually telling us how much it sold, lol. Does anyone know where the sales figures are?

Anyway, this is great news. Haven't picked this game up..and I probably won't. Looks good, but I'm not in need for a new game..just bought MM3. I do have money, maybe once it lowers a bit I'll buy it. I was going to rent it when it first came out, but nooooooo...but blockbuster doesn't want to carry it..just like almost every other Xbox game.:cuss:

lol, yeah, I find it funny how they have like 20 enter the matrixs, 15 halos and then no Brute Force or MCII or nething like that :D. How dumb can u get?

Titty
06-22-2003, 01:26 PM
i bought brute force and ya its very close to beating halo ( game play ) in my eyes. the thing that made me little angry is that this game was suppose to be on live but micrsoft wanted it to release early so they stopped coding it for live. this game would of been amazing on live.

other then that the graphics and levels in the game are outstanding. very good game

Xbox Owner
06-22-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Titty
i bought brute force and ya its very close to beating halo ( game play ) in my eyes. the thing that made me little angry is that this game was suppose to be on live but micrsoft wanted it to release early so they stopped coding it for live. this game would of been amazing on live.

other then that the graphics and levels in the game are outstanding. very good game

The game wasn't supposed to be on live..if it was, they would of already added it when they made 1,000+ delays on the damn game. :(

Titty
06-22-2003, 02:23 PM
it was suppose to be on live but microsotf didnt want to delay it even more.

Dyslexic Chaos
06-22-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Titty
it was suppose to be on live but microsotf didnt want to delay it even more.
Uh yeah, it would help your (Wrong) arguement if you had a link. BTW, Welcome to XBA, I hope you enjoy it here!!!

And if you really wanna play Brute Force online, you can always use Xbconnect

http://www.xbconnect.com

Enjoy :cheers:

Titty
06-22-2003, 10:39 PM
show me a link stating that im wrong please

l Maximus l
06-22-2003, 10:57 PM
I believe Titty is right...though, the XBox Live part was sadly scrapped. Why Brute Force, a solid game, while being a squad based shooter is not on XBox Live, is beyond me.

Spic_Tacular26
06-22-2003, 11:08 PM
I rented it yesterday, didnt expect it to be as good as it was. I couldnt put it down, great game, although i do have one question...... wats that money for? do i get to buy stuff? if so where??? anyone kno?:huh:

Titty
06-24-2003, 12:41 AM
ty maximus.. i aint someone who doesn't know what their talking about

Series3
06-24-2003, 02:52 PM
If this game sells more than Halo, LOL thats a joke. BF is no where near the quality of Halo. I like shooters, and I still didn't enjoy Bf in the least.

Brutus
06-24-2003, 03:45 PM
Brute Force Kicks @$$

I think it's the best break through game out there. The AI was amazingly smart and the controls are so simple and natural. I hate to compare the two games though. I love both of them.

I just wish there was a way to command the AI in Halo. You know, like: Marines! Stay here, I'm gonna' go over this hill and clear out the covenant. I'll call you when I'm done.

I love it how Tex, Flynt, and Hawk know when to do their stuff. They're not dumb about it either. LIke the med-kits, and they don't get stuck on like a ridge and sit there like a dumb, normal AI. (DUH... I'm walking towards him but theres a fence in the way.)

Again. I hate comparing them. BF is not the HALO killer, and HALO 2 will not be the BF killer.

NUFF Said.

-BRUTUS!

ARONO129
06-24-2003, 03:55 PM
I got BF three weeks ago and I haven't touched any of my other Xbox games since. BF is a great game. I'm glad I bought it.:cheers:

Splinter-Seal
06-25-2003, 02:20 PM
I played, Brute Force to death, well, nearly. I loved the game, just about everything about it. It's a solid addition to my collection.

Just the other day I was looking for a couple games to trade in on, Soldier Of Fortune II: Double Helix and, Mace Griffin: Bounty Hunter. I got shocked when I reached for, Brute Foce. :D Well, not really.

Instead I took my PS2 Version of Splinter Cell and, Xbox Enter The Matrix in for trade. I still have the Xbox version of, Splinter Cell.

I just bought the PS2 version for comparisons, to actually "see" if there was any difference in the two games. I saw a helluva difference, hence the one I kept :D .

I really am enjoying my new games, SOF has some problems but it's pretty fun. It was rushed. As for Mace Griffin, I'm loving it.

Brute Force has a home here though.

BunnyRabbit
06-26-2003, 11:37 AM
Halo didnt sell as many because people underestimated the true power of bungie and xbox combined. Now that they have realized how far they can push it, people will be all over their next game....Which is of course Halo 2 my peoples.

Well, I think so.:watchout:

ShannonX
06-27-2003, 04:50 PM
brute force was supposed to have been released 4 or 5 months after the xbox launch. After they delayed it several times, (to make it look and play better) they said they "might" put xbox live play in it. Then after it was delayed again and again, they said there was no way (if they wanted to get the game released this year) because the game had NOT been originally designed with xbox live play in mind.

BunnyRabbit
06-27-2003, 09:29 PM
I would rather have waited for Live play to be put in. I know I dont have live but I am planning on getting it soon.