PDA

View Full Version : Discover XBA feedback

l Maximus l
06-21-2003, 02:32 AM
Okay, the title of the thread is a little corny, admittingly, but, I wanted to get your opinions about the "X-Factor" Discovery Channel special about XBox. What did you dudes think?

Personally, I liked it, but, I think that the Discovery Channel is capable of better journalism. I realise that it was set up like a Biography, like normal, but, the way they marketed this special was more like Microsoft's XBox being the next "Windows" of the gaming industry. Basically hoping to dominate the gaming market...yada yada yada. While this sounded cool and all, the entire biography was moreso about making the next "Triple A" title or titles.

The games featured were Crimson Skies, Crimson Skies, Crimson Skies, Oddworld, Halo 2, Crimson Skies, Crimson Skies...and the sleeper surprise: Crimson Skies :D hehe

Anyway, all three of the games look solid. Though, I found it interesting how the mood of the developers went from really unsure about Crimson Skies....to "cool" and "hmmm" about Oddworld...and finally to extreme confidence in the developers about Halo 2.

I think the documentary was pretty dead on when they said that they are alway upping the bar...so much that the next game has to surpass the one before it and so on....

I honestly think that the next Oddworld will likely surpass the first one...and Crimson Skies should be solid... But, are they to be put on par with Halo 2? That's not the tone I noticed in the documentary...but, only time will tell.

Too bad they only briefly touched on XBox Live at the end. But, it's all good...I'm glad I watched it :)

Variation-XBA
06-21-2003, 03:27 AM
Wish I saw it, sounded pretty good

Crazy Joe
06-21-2003, 12:42 PM
stupid Canada, it wasn't on Discovery Channel Canada, i was looking forward to it too.

blonks
06-21-2003, 01:07 PM
yeah i saw it and it was cool...i liked it because it showed like ingame footage that i have never seen and that games can suck like azurik....then get good and be like halo......EI. crimson skies

now that makes me wonder....Ed Fries can dump a game just right there....why didnt he dump Azurik?

thrAsher
06-21-2003, 01:18 PM
I totally forgot about it. Crap.

Any word if Discovery will run the episode again and when?
:huh:

Xbox Owner
06-22-2003, 01:29 AM
Personally, I didn't think the show was that good. It did have some good parts..but rather boring overall..?

Oh, thrAsher... if you want to see it,..

http://forums.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?threadid=203581

Dyslexic Chaos
06-22-2003, 01:35 AM
Sweet, I put it on my favorites and I'll watch it tommorow when its not so late :D!!!!!

Nerrad529
06-22-2003, 12:15 PM
nope i missed it but iam sure i will catch the re run sounds pretty interesting to watch

l Maximus l
06-23-2003, 12:00 AM
Oh man...The Discovery Channel will likely re-run it for months...lol

X-Fan
06-23-2003, 01:43 AM
bah sasw it for 5 mins it was boring.

RudedogX
06-23-2003, 08:22 AM
I'm kinda liking the looks of the new oddworld with Sneef's look. Though the later version of him was really funky. As for Crimson Skies, I wasn't sure I agreed with what they were saying (seeing as how I played a bit of it at E3), but hey, I guess they had to suggest that it wasn't meeting up to par to bring up the hype when it comes out.:huh: