PDA

View Full Version : Max Payne Reviewed!!!

Slider1981
12-10-2001, 09:00 PM
Gamespot gives Max Payne a 9.2 for the xbox with this comment:
It's an outstanding and original action game that's not just different from all other shooters to date, but also in many ways superior. - Greg Kasavin

Gamespot gives Max Payne an 8.0 for the PS2 with this comment:
If you can't play this intense, original action game on any platform except the PS2, then that's where you should play it--but only by default. - Greg Kasavin

Thats kinda funny huh!!!! Go Xbox!!!!

LynxFX
12-10-2001, 09:20 PM
I feel bad for the people that only get to see or play this on a PS2.

Frostberg
12-10-2001, 10:43 PM
I think Greg Kasavin needs to talk with Shane...well at least Xbox is getting more than 1 game that breaks the 9 barrier. But I am dissapointed that it got the same exact score as the PC version, even though the graphics and such should be better like it says in the Q&A on gamespot. But at least it isint worse than the PC version like the PoS2 is!

sinizuh
12-10-2001, 11:33 PM
xbox.ign.com review

Presentation
Good story told through excellent cinematics and stylish visual presentation. 9.0
Graphics
An almost flawless port of the PC version. Frame rate drops occasionally, but you'll hardly notice it with the game's slick graphics. 9.0
Sound
Some of the best. Dialogue can get a bit cheesy in some areas, but a excellent combination of moody music and stunning sound effects add to the atmosphere. 9.5
Gameplay
Excellent camera control, innovative "bullet time" system, and intense shooting action. Don't care too much for the brief "platforming" areas, but a fine, fine game. 9.0
Lasting Appeal
No additional features for the Xbox version will hamper the longevity of this title. Then again, after a stressful day at work, nothing eases the pain better than an hour of Max Payne. 8.0
OVERALL SCORE (not an average)