PDA

View Full Version : What is up with that hing with the reviews and excitement thing

SoccerCJM77
06-21-2003, 10:18 AM
What is up with that hing with the reviews and excitement thing

Can't you win something off of it or something. I tried everything and how are you suppose to win. I did excitement and the reviews. Do they pick someone daily weekly, hourly, monthly, or do they not give out prizes like a XBOx game:huh:

canadianboi3
06-21-2003, 12:17 PM
If your still talking about the 30 day giveaway, that has been over for a LONG time now. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Shadow20002
06-21-2003, 01:42 PM
I think this guy hasn't visiting XBA for long time. Keep comeback daily or at least weekly to know more about news on XBA. I hear there are new contest on the way, good luck to you if you have a chance to participate. :cheers:

SoccerCJM77
06-21-2003, 03:21 PM
So what are you trying to tell me that there is no point to doing the reviews amd the excitment things. I thought you could win like prizes or something for entering into it and participating in it. So what's the deal with the site and how do you win the games. :huh:

Arrix
06-21-2003, 04:54 PM
This is a community. Ever time you write a small review you want a hand out? It doesnt work like that.

Himji
06-21-2003, 05:00 PM
YOu write reviews so your fellow gamers can read it and get a better more balanced picture of the game. You in turn read other players reviews for the same balanced viewpoints.

If you really want a prize tho, I'll give you a cookie for every review k?

Flood
06-21-2003, 05:01 PM
soccer:
news comments, interview comments, excitement comments, and reviews are a way to give your input about xbox news and upcoming games.

as Arrix said, this is a community. we're here to help eachother out. many people read the staff and member reviews here before the buy or rent a game so they get a better feel of what its about. its one thing to hear a commerical about a game, but its much better to hear what the game is like from the mouth of one of your peers. personally, i love it when someone tells me they bought a game because of a review i wrote. that makes me feel like a million dollars.

from time to time we do have contests and your site partisipation may give you a better chance in winning. but its all about quality, not quantity. its better to have 5 really well written posts or reviews, then 100 posts of "lol" or " :) " .

i hope this answered your question

Himji
06-21-2003, 06:52 PM
lol....

er, sorry, couldn't help myself

SoccerCJM77
06-21-2003, 06:54 PM
yea thanks for the help. I remember in the olden days people would always talk about getting these free games. But if you don't remember than I must be insane. Well if I just write like 5 good reviews do I have a high chance of winning the contests. And what do you win:argue1:

KIA4202003
06-21-2003, 09:44 PM
why the he!! can't I write a review???? someone explain it say's i need to log in and well i think i am loged in when i see a log out icon:huh:

Xbox Owner
06-21-2003, 09:49 PM
Guys -

The contests are in the chat lounge (WHEN A CONTEST IS RUNNING)...sometimes, there will be a question, which only people with a number or higher reviews.

Ex. You can only answer this question if you have 10+ reviews.

The more things you do, isn't really increasing your chance of winning, because there are questions in the chat lounge..questions as in xbox questions or something else. The reviews are just for fun..or they can HELP you get into all the questions.

SoccerCJM77
06-22-2003, 09:05 AM
So when do they have these chat room questions things:watchout:

Flood
06-22-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by SoccerCJM77

every now and then. just keep an eye out. we'll announce well before on the front page and here in the forums about upcoming contests.

Shadow20002
06-22-2003, 01:40 PM
Yeah like Flood said, just wait maybe there are great surprise from XBA for you !! :D

Xbox Owner
06-22-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by SoccerCJM77

Hey, also, you can win an Action Replay now..

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37258

En7gMa
06-22-2003, 04:07 PM
I also hear there will be a summer contest coming up soon?