PDA

View Full Version : BioWare Corp. Races Up the Charts



Knight
06-24-2003, 10:05 PM
BioWare Corp. today announced its recognition as one of Canada's fastest growing companies by placing in the Profit 100. BioWare's position has risen from forty-five in 2002, to number twenty-four in 2003.
"Our company has been doing extremely well, and we are proud to be recognized by the Profit 100 committee once again", said Joint CEO Dr. Greg Zeschuk. BioWare is due to release its next game, titled Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, for the Xbox in July and on PC in the fall, a title which will be published by LucasArts.

Recently BioWare released Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide, the first expansion pack to the million-plus units sold, critically acclaimed Neverwinter Nights, published by Atari.

"The enthusiasm of our creative, smart, and passionate employees makes it possible for us to win such awards", said Joint CEO Dr. Ray Muzyka. The results for the Profit 100 list is a ranking of year over year sales growth among Canadian companies with the top 100 companies being recognized on the list.

The future continues to look bright for BioWare based on the new games it has in development. A new intellectual property (created and owned by BioWare) is in development with its first iteration to be as a market-leading roleplaying game for Xbox, with Microsoft as publisher (details on this project to be announced later this year) and a new intellectual property for PC is also in development (no details on this project have yet been announced by BioWare).

http://www.xboxgamers.com/?temp_view=view_news.php&viewid=553

Dre
06-25-2003, 05:54 AM
Sweet!! Another Bioware RPG!! WICKED!!!

Knight
06-25-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Dre
Sweet!! Another Bioware RPG!! WICKED!!!

I hope LucasArts lets them do a sec Star Wars RPG.

Dre
06-25-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Knight


I hope LucasArts lets them do a sec Star Wars RPG.

I'm pretty sure that if KOTOR is a success we'll be seeing a sequel on Xbox. LucasArts and Bioware said that they looked at their console choices when thinking of KOTOR and chose Xbox for its power, but also because they felt they could establish an RPG series on Xbox (since we don't have one yet).


Lets hope!

thrAsher
06-25-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Dre


I'm pretty sure that if KOTOR is a success we'll be seeing a sequel on Xbox. LucasArts and Bioware said that they looked at their console choices when thinking of KOTOR and chose Xbox for its power, but also because they felt they could establish an RPG series on Xbox (since we don't have one yet).


Lets hope!

AMEN!

KoTOR will rock, linear or not. It'll get me through until Sudeki, TFLO, and Fable come out. It's looking like a good year for RPG's on the Xbox. I'm so sick of BGDA and Morrowind I could :yikes:

Knight
06-25-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by thrAsher


AMEN!

KoTOR will rock, linear or not. It'll get me through until Sudeki, TFLO, and Fable come out. It's looking like a good year for RPG's on the Xbox. I'm so sick of BGDA and Morrowind I could :yikes:

Pirates of the Caribbean is coming out on the 1st(if it doesn't get delayed agian).

Ford Mustang
06-25-2003, 01:47 PM
This is cool....

I love to hear about the smaller companies making it big...

The industry isn't totally monopolized by the big developers at Sony and Microsoft...hehe

IT would help though if Microsoft came up with some better games, in my opinion....The only ones I've seen with their names on them were Halo and MechAssault, both of which they only published, I believe....but oh well...hehe

Dre
06-25-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Ford_Mustang
This is cool....

I love to hear about the smaller companies making it big...

The industry isn't totally monopolized by the big developers at Sony and Microsoft...hehe

IT would help though if Microsoft came up with some better games, in my opinion....The only ones I've seen with their names on them were Halo and MechAssault, both of which they only published, I believe....but oh well...hehe

Almost every single really good game I own was published by MS game studios. Almost every single upcoming game that I'm really pumped for is being published by MS game studios.

Halo, Amped1 & 2, Brute Force, MA, Fable, TFLO, PGR1 & 2, Sudeki..

I think they're doing their share. Does MS even develop games for Xbox or simply publish?

Ford Mustang
06-25-2003, 02:06 PM
I was speaking in reference to the fact that they only Publish games, not develop games. The best games they ever did were the Age of Empires series, but those were developed by Ensemble, and published by Microsoft.

Haha I'm an idiot....Microsoft doesn't develop, they only publish...Sorry about that :)

Shadow20002
06-25-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Dre


Almost every single really good game I own was published by MS game studios. Almost every single upcoming game that I'm really pumped for is being published by MS game studios.

Halo, Amped1 & 2, Brute Force, MA, Fable, TFLO, PGR1 & 2, Sudeki..

I think they're doing their share. Does MS even develop games for Xbox or simply publish?

That's is only what you think, Fable, Sudeki is not out yet, so you can say that these ones are good. Yeah, i know we are all hype with Fable but one think you should know, great hopes end like not what we expected or maybe it's really what you mean: better RPG at all. :)

Dre
06-25-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Shadow20002


That's is only what you think, Fable, Sudeki is not out yet, so you can say that these ones are good. Yeah, i know we are all hype with Fable but one think you should know, great hopes end like not what we expected or maybe it's really what you mean: better RPG at all. :)

LOL. Did you read my entire post? :D The next sentence in my post was "Almost every single upcoming game that I'm really pumped for is being published by MS game studios.".

Its true that titles like Fable and Sudeki must still prove themselves, but I think its a testament to MS Game Studios that the games they publish are all polished and meet a standard of quality that is very high. I have high hopes for the upcoming titles coming to Xbox. I really don't think I'll be disappointed though :)