PDA

View Full Version : How many Xbox's do you own?

nutsnyomowf
06-24-2003, 09:54 PM
I was wondering how many guys here had Lan setups. I jus picked up my 3rd Xbox today (for $45).Im tring to get a Halo Lan going for some great tournies.Now all i need is another Halo game. Lets hear about some of u guys setup and how many people u have over for play and how often?

Variation-XBA
06-24-2003, 10:05 PM
1, till it breaks, then I'll have 2 (one that dont work) :P

But Ive had 16 player halo lan going before...its insane :)

Ford Mustang
06-24-2003, 11:00 PM
Oh man, the most I've ever had on LAN was 4...:(

I have wanted to do a 16 so badly, but I don't know if I could get that many of the guys together in a big enough space...lol

Even 4 player on LAN is mad fun, though

l Maximus l
06-24-2003, 11:30 PM
I own two XBoxes. One is chillin' on a 36" Toshiba TV with Component inputs and the other is a 50" Toshiba Widescreen HDTV also running, of course, Component cables. I've had 8 people at my house doing some System Link gaming with Halo.

Also, every other weekend, I have a buddy hosts 16 man Halo matches. I attend almost every one of them. It's a blast. He's a police officer and, at his station, he can borrow 4 projectors that project the video on the 4 screens. The image is about 80" big and his house is perfectly set up to host 16. It's sweet, but, the projectors are not nearly as good as my HDTV, so, it's a slight adjustment I have to make.

Either way, I seem to always manage to come into 1st place every time I go there :D hehe...one time, they didn't even invite me because they wanted to see what it would be like without me wasting everyone :D

Yes, I'm flaunting :D

Young_Fledgling
06-25-2003, 12:16 AM
I have 2 :D

yay

jelgiad
06-25-2003, 12:20 AM
i only have one xbox, but ive got friends, and they've got xboxes. put it all together and we can get together one great sixteen player halo party. we usually have one every couple of months, maybe more depending on how many people are willing to host one (everyone is willing to come, not everyone is willing to shell out some cash for food and host)

l Maximus l
06-25-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by jelgiad
i only have one xbox, but ive got friends, and they've got xboxes. put it all together and we can get together one great sixteen player halo party. we usually have one every couple of months, maybe more depending on how many people are willing to host one (everyone is willing to come, not everyone is willing to shell out some cash for food and host)

Oh man...it's BYOB everytime. Now, garbage, that's another issue....:eek:

TegSkywalker
06-25-2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by nutsnyomowf
I just picked up my 3rd Xbox today (for $45).

Only $45 for an Xbox? Hmm where did you acquire such a cheap price for a $180 game system? I'm not accusing you of buying stolen merchandise, but a little curious.

As for a second Xbox, I don't need one at this point considering the genres I like to play with other people (sports and FPS games) are online via Xbox Live and I don't need a second one to experience fun multiplayer gameplay. One of my favorite game types is playing co-op with a friend, and since no game makers have adopted system link co-op single player games, it limits the options.

Maybe if I had some extra money laying around and some extra TVs, I would consider getting another. Until then, I will just go solo.

:cheers:

Flood
06-25-2003, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by TegSkywalker

Only $45 for an Xbox? Hmm where did you acquire such a cheap price for a $180 game system? I'm not accusing you of buying stolen merchandise, but a little curious.

seriously...$45? was it hot? or partly broken?? thats rediculous cheap

SPARTAN VI
06-25-2003, 05:22 AM
I have 2. One works perfectly, the other I can use for a counter-wieght on a trebuchet. :)

Himji
06-25-2003, 06:18 AM

My guess is he either meant $145 or it was cheap second hand or both

JJaX
06-25-2003, 08:12 AM
2 in my crib.

treyz3
06-25-2003, 08:16 AM
Only one til my son gets old enough to need his own.

SoccerCJM77
06-25-2003, 09:04 AM
I got 1 xbox now, but when the time comes I'll get another xbox:cheers:

xboxteen
06-25-2003, 11:55 AM
one is all i need

Shadow20002
06-25-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by xboxteen
one is all i need

Absolutely what i mean, one is enough or maybe the Xbox Next is my target..hehe :p

nutsnyomowf
06-25-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

:D hehe...one time, they didn't even invite me because they wanted to see what it would be like without me wasting everyone :D

Yes, I'm flaunting :D

Hey same thing happens to me buddy and i sux( thats is on XBConnect) ,but im better than all my friends!!!

nutsnyomowf
06-25-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Flood-XBA

I got it from a buddy of mine that owns a Fantasy Shop(comics,cards,anime,etc etc)He told me a guy came into his shop,with the Xbox and wanted to trade it for some mercahandise(cards, comics,anime,etc etc)Well i was coming into the shop to sell him a extra DVD remote that i had from my 2nd Xbox( I got that one from a Pawn shop for only $100).Thats when he showed me the one i got for $45.The owner of the store was like u wana buy a Xbox? I was like, you still want to buy the DVD remote.He asked me if $80 dollars was a good price for the xbox, I told him not for me:) Then he said $60, I was like sold!!!I got $15 for the DVD remote and gave it back to him plus $45. The xbox came by it self no wires no controller.That was until i pluged it up and DarkSummit loaded!!! Im not keeping the game im gona take it back to him.The owner of the Fantasy shop is a real cool guy and he knows I am tring to make a Halo Lan.He has backup DVDs that play on XBOX with out a Mod chip.Most are Kung-Fu flicks like Hero staring Jet Li and Donnie Yen(Snowball from Blade2) great quality so ummm :watchout:if you are into Kung-Fu imports hit me up and I can see what I can get for you.

Knight
06-25-2003, 06:43 PM
Only one. :eek:

UrukHaiXC
06-26-2003, 02:25 AM
one

Xtopia
06-26-2003, 01:27 PM
I have three.

One is completely shot.
One is fine except for a broken NIC.

And one is healthy.:D

Highlite23
06-26-2003, 01:50 PM
Triplets at my house...............

1=On a 50" Toshiba with Component and Optical, DD.

2=On a 36" RCA "XBOX" with Dolby Surround.

3=Is conected to my PC, somehow. :wink:

DocHoliday78
06-26-2003, 07:05 PM
I had two. I bought one when xbox first came out and then i won one from taco bell around the same time but traded it to my friend for a brand new snowboard and bindings. I am probably gonna get another one and sell my old one to my brother so he can stop coming in my room with his friends.

shrew king
06-26-2003, 10:22 PM
I've got one, and two of my friends have an Xbox so if we ever want to do LAN or something the option is there.

BunnyRabbit
06-27-2003, 01:14 PM
Me and some friends have been thinking to try and set up a 16 player LAN but no one wants to buy the system link. We are all poor and we are all about 15.

bretman1234
06-27-2003, 01:24 PM
download 16 player halo on kazaa, its pretty cool. now thats what i wanna do!

BunnyRabbit
06-27-2003, 03:23 PM
Yeah Ive seen a few good movies....

sabca
06-27-2003, 03:48 PM
When me and my friends all get together we can set up some good lans. Usually we only do two(we only have two copies of Halo) but if we had more we could definitely have the max 4 boxes with the max 16 players.

BunnyRabbit
06-27-2003, 03:55 PM
You only need one system link to hook up 4 Boxes right?

UrukHaiXC
06-27-2003, 04:53 PM
^^What?
<hr>

Alright, to make a 16-player Halo Lan work, you will need:

4 TVs
4 Xboxi
4 copies of Halo
1 Hub/router/switch
4 Straight through ethernet cables with RJ45 ends
16 controllers
16 people
Lots of food and drinks(non-alcoholic of course ;))

Voodoo_Vince
06-27-2003, 10:55 PM
I have 8 , but I have a Store and I rent them out and I have four set up for Lan in the back room of my store and charge kids and Im going to get 2 more next month ,