PDA

View Full Version : Max Payne versus waiting for Medal of Honor?

l Maximus l
12-11-2001, 01:13 PM
Well, my XBoxAddict buddies...Max Payne is out today. A local Toys R Us has it in...several of them. This game looks impressive, but, Medal of Honor is coming out next month.

My question is, should I get Max Payne or should I just hold off and save my $50 and get Medal of Honor and other great games? I can afford Max Payne and Medal of Honor...that's really not the main issue. I have never played Max Payne or even seen it other than screen shots and streaming video, to be dead honest.

It's just when I think about all the really great games coming out like Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, Brute Force, GTA3, Medal Gear Solid X, Project Ego, and many others that makes me want to hold off having Max Payne in my video game library.

It just seems to me that Max Payne won't hold up to these amazing titles. Am I completely wrong about this or is Max Payne worthy of adding to my game library?

Let me know by responding or just respond to the poll.

terrapin
12-11-2001, 02:09 PM
**** you Maximus! You are sparking my interest in Medal of Honor. This game was buzzing in slightly under my radar but after playing Halo and gaining interest in FPS. Medal of Honor is looking pretty good.

l Maximus l
12-11-2001, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by terrapin
**** you Maximus! You are sparking my interest in Medal of Honor. This game was buzzing in slightly under my radar but after playing Halo and gaining interest in FPS. Medal of Honor is looking pretty good.

lol, Terrapin...I'm telling you, dude...Medal of Honor is going to be bad ass! It comes out next month :D

FpS_PhReeK
12-11-2001, 04:28 PM
I have to say rent it....., take for a spin, but I really have the feeling that oyu will get more joy and more entertainment out of Medal of Honor:Allied Assault.

I almost bought Project Gotham Racing.... I was soooooo close, then I decided to rent it. I rented it once, totally loved it, played it for five days,,,,, then I convinced my buddy to go in half to rent it again to show and play with him,,,, the second time I felt it was kinda boring... I am glad that I did not spend $50 to find out that this gamehad little replay value for me.

You know your gaming tastes better than anyone else.... I personally can play a good First Person Shooter over and over and over and over and over and over <------ get my point?

I will definitly rent Max Payne, but I have no plans to buy it, same thing for Obi Wan. I see most of the games out now as titles to tide us over until the big guns arrive, and I hope that Medal of Honor will live up to my hopes and expectations.

PhReeK out!

FpS_PhReeK
12-11-2001, 04:30 PM
Blockbuster rents games for like $5.50 for five days.... that is just over a buck a day. I think it is a worthy investment to determine the fun factor of a game.

PhReeK out!

FpS_PhReeK
12-11-2001, 04:32 PM
I have diversified investments that include intrest on Blockbusters earnings,,, so by renting products from them you are contributing to my retirement. Thanks!

PhReeK out!

FpS_PhReeK
12-11-2001, 04:33 PM
What the He!! are you reading this for go rent a Fuking game from Blockbuster!!!

I need some rest,,, sorry, I am tired.

PhReeK out!

l Maximus l
12-11-2001, 04:39 PM
lol, fps_phreak :D

You make some interesting points. Max Payne is supposedly coming out today, yet, no stores that I called have them in their inventory. I called EB, Best Buy, and Toys R Us (the idiots at Toys R Us didn't know what the game was :rolleyes: ) But, in any regard, it appears that I have to wait anyway.

GameSpot's review on Max Payne was a 9.2. I wouldn't mind finding out other reviews to see how close they came to that impressive score. In my book, any game rated above a 9 is most likely worth buying, especially if you like shooter games, in this case.

FpS_PhReeK
12-11-2001, 05:02 PM
You are probably right, I will check it out.... I am just poor right now. So I have to be picky.

PhReeK out!

Frostberg
12-11-2001, 06:03 PM
Maximus, nice job of capturing me..."Dude, save your money. It's a decent game, but, not good enough to purchase. Just rent it. " Oh its true too!

l Maximus l
12-11-2001, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg
Maximus, nice job of capturing me..."Dude, save your money. It's a decent game, but, not good enough to purchase. Just rent it. " Oh its true too!

Yeah, thanks again, dude...I replied to your post in the 3D Shooter thread - the "Sell me on Max Payne" thread to be exact. I posted it here, too, so I would get a quick response since it supposedly came out today. I called EB and they said they should get it tomorrow. I hope Blockbuster has it soon :D

ChessPieceFace
12-11-2001, 06:43 PM
does medal have mulitplayer ? if so i say screw the payne

Vteck3000
12-11-2001, 07:05 PM
I live in Ontario Canada and i called all the EB's and Future Shops around here and they don't have MAX PAYNE for sale yet. EB told me that it has been delaid for 2 weeks !!!!!!!!!! Is that true ?????? Whats going on with the XBOX games why aren't they coming out ????????? Also is MAX PAYNE a port from the PS2 version of MAX PAYNE.......... and yeah the game is out for PS2 but not for XBOX........... man i'm furious :mad:

l Maximus l
12-11-2001, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Vteck3000
I live in Ontario Canada and i called all the EB's and Future Shops around here and they don't have MAX PAYNE for sale yet. EB told me that it has been delaid for 2 weeks !!!!!!!!!! Is that true ?????? Whats going on with the XBOX games why aren't they coming out ????????? Also is MAX PAYNE a port from the PS2 version of MAX PAYNE.......... and yeah the game is out for PS2 but not for XBOX........... man i'm furious :mad:

Dude, EB told me that they will have Max Payne tomorrow, 12/12. So, don't worry. And, by the way, I have researched this game so much and I can tell you, it's not a PS2 port...but, it is a PC port which is much better than the PS2 port. The PS2 is not able to handle the PC port but the XBox can.

Vteck3000
12-11-2001, 07:15 PM
MAXIMUS i hope that you are correct about that date. Tomorrow i will call back EB. And thanks for telling me that it's not a PS2 port but a PC port............. i like PC ports better.......... it has a better meaning to it :D

l Maximus l
12-11-2001, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Vteck3000
MAXIMUS i hope that you are correct about that date. Tomorrow i will call back EB. And thanks for telling me that it's not a PS2 port but a PC port............. i like PC ports better.......... it has a better meaning to it :D

Vteck...Dude, I'm just quoting what a dude at EB told me. He told me that it "will be here tomorrow because they sent it out today." So, your guess is as good as mine, dude. By the way, I do know for a fact that Max Payne is definately a PC port and not a PS2 port. Just to make it completely clear :D Oh yeah...no problem, dude...any time.

Rancey
12-11-2001, 09:34 PM
It is definetely a PC port Max...a PC port with multiplayer though :D

bbchs_trash
12-11-2001, 10:03 PM
I could've sworn that just about every site in the world has said that Max does not have a multi-player, actually I am almost positive. But if I am wrong, I will definately go and buy Max Payne and Medal of Honor the day after Christmas... just a thought on Jeremy-XBA's post, I think it was Jeremy, who knows. It was one of the official's posts...

Rancey
12-11-2001, 10:07 PM
My bad, this was going to be implemented but they scrapped it unfortunately :(

Frostberg
12-11-2001, 10:09 PM
Theres a bad move, what else would make the Xbox version worth the extra money? Nothing...

l Maximus l
12-12-2001, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg
Theres a bad move, what else would make the Xbox version worth the extra money? Nothing...

Yeah, I definately would have bought it if it had multi-player. Good point...